What's new

Parque de Atracciones de Madrid | "TNT" | Gerstlauer

Re: Parque de Atracciones de Madrid | Family coaster?

****. Those trains are absolutely amazing!

This looks amazing for a family coaster, I can't see how people can complain about this.
It not ment to be a 1000ft, 300 loop roller coaster.

I like those trains. They look very steampunk-ish.

Somebody went to PAM and found out that the trackwork has advanced a lot and pieces of themeing are also going up.

According to a manager from Parques Reunidos, they expect to have the ride running by Easter (a month away or so). Given that PAM is the only park able to have a coaster with scaffolding in the morning and running perfectly in the afternoon I doubt they will delay construction a lot...

Onto the pictures:

img2340ds.jpg

img2343fr.jpg

img2346n.jpg

Source: Posesionfriki.com

Ok, this is actually looking really good! Nice heavily banked turns, in and out of tunnels etc, looks great! And I'm glad to hear its opening at Easter!

What a great little coaster! :--D Nice colour scheme too.
Loving the trains too, much better than duinrell's new family coaster!

What's that yellow I spy at the bottom right corner of that photo? Looks like track to me...

This looks like a really nice little coaster. I love the introduction of more family coasters for the younger audience that even us Enthusiasts can enjoy, it's great!

CoasterCrazy said:
What's that yellow I spy at the bottom right corner of that photo? Looks like track to me...

It's one of their kiddie coasters:

6a4002pebdaivr894uof10.jpg

http://rcdb.com/3848.htm

Which they don't let adults on, even though LOADS of parks have the exact same cred and let anyone ride <///////3.

^^^Oh yes, I do get rather bored with them!

Although this is an addition and not an attraction, I truly believ that this'll be a fun, eccentric little coaster. Much better than Duinrells!

And the near misses...

CoasterCrazy said:
Although this is an addition and not an attraction, I truly believ that this'll be a fun, eccentric little coaster. Much better than Duinrells!
Um, excuse me? Why isn't this attraction? I thought ANYTHING that may cause people to think about returning to the park to try a different experience is an attraction...

What I mean is you wouldn't go to the park just to ride this...like you go to SFGAdv to ride Kingda Ka.
i.e. Its nothing major and unheard of before.

You're more likely to go so you can ride the bigger rides again.

No, us enthusiasts won't, but us enthusiast's take up a VERY minute sector of the overall market that Theme Parks aim for. The majority is actually family orientated, so them building a family coaster, that will cater for both the younger guests and the older market, is perfect.

We could argue forever...

But even families with young children wouldn't go for a single ride.
Anyway, its not just enthusiasts who like the "big rides"...

However, I'm not saying that the target market is wrong or anything, its a great new ride and a perfect addition to the park. Its just not a giant new developement for the park.

Does anyone apart from enthusiasts and the people involved with the designing and construction of the coaster know about this?

Yes, I'm not debating this isn't a large investment, but it's an attraction at the end of the day, you're right, we could argue forever, as I'm guessing you're as stubborn as me ;). But, yeah, it's an attraction for the park, as any ride in a park is, not just large scale rides. So, yeah, that's my last post on this subject, because it's absolutely ridiculous.

EVERY ride is an attraction no matter what it's size or scale. Even things like Saw Alive count as an attraction.

I agree there. They attract people's attention,so therefore are attractions.

But does an average family attraction like this really attract that many people opposed to a major coaster? Given, it will attract some people...

The GP are going to say...

"Did you know that they have a 200ft coaster in which you go upside down at the top (Abismo)? In addition, they have a pint - sized family coaster that looks quite fun..."

(In GP words)

Rather than being attracted to the family coaster. Do you get me?

Time to stop this arguing...

The name is: Tren de la Mina (If you don't know already)

Which means "mine train" in spanish. Fairly obvious, but decent name.