What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Welcome to CF lol!
Come on peeps, it's Christmas (unless you're a buddhist or something - in which case you should all be being nice anyway)

I'll shut up now...

Tolerance and love people. Tolerance and love.
Anyway, are there any updates on the ride? For something that was built so quickly, it is now taking a suprisingly long time...

^Well they're at the boring stage now. There will be tonnes of wiring to do, finishing touches to theming, the paths and lights etc around the ride. All important, but boring in terms of updates.

Yeah, the only updates we're likely to see are to do with theming. The park is closed, and its christmas, so updates will be few and far between.

Well, here's a small update...

New(I think) artwork...

6DyJb.jpg

Nice to see a variation with the Eiffel tower!

And some offical pictures:

http://sanglierrotix.babaorum.info/t3-I ... ?start=340

It reminds me of the view of Montu when you're on the trams or walking from the car park to the entrance of Busch... hate to compare them again, but both are a great sight.

That looks brilliant!. Don't know why but I'm comparing this in my mind to the view of Kumali as you approach the park. This looks a lot better though.

Nope... don't think Kumali has anything on this...

Montu maybe...

In fairness, they are both blue... and they do both have lift hills...

...and have yellow supports, and each has a Zero - G roll and a vertical loop in the layout and roughly the same drop and have....I think we should probably stop this now! :--D

Anyway, the only thing that Kumali lacks is B&M track, from a further distance, you could say they look similar.

But there is no point in even comparing the ride experience...

And a little update too:

Kz0EG.jpg

Oh dear, here goes the whole Montu/Oz'iris bollocks again, who cares if it looks better then Montu, my bet is it's not going to ride as good? ;)

^ Nope, only you. It's just perspective artwork :--D

I think this will ride better than most inverts... except for Nemesis obvs :roll:

Nah, I noticed that as well UC. It's all that I can see in that photo now as well <//3

Seems weird. And obviously because it's not real, they've chosen to put them in, which I find strange.

Is it possible they've pulled it from one of the technical renderings that (might) have been done. We've seen a CG layout picture, they might have actually made a whole ride and just not released it?

Or they've gone and used a picture of another invert and adjusted it, without removing the bolts.

EDIT: Looking at it again, it looks more like a colour corrected photo than a CG thing. I mean, CG is good, but they don't usually bother with that much texture detail for stuff like this. I'm banking on it being a real coaster. Only question is, which piece of track have they used?