What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

rich210uk said:
The grey netting is there just to stop the "sand rock" from falling off.

Ha, no, it really isn't. The grey mesh is there so they can mould/design the rock work. It's there as a kind of base mould, as they then sculpt on top of this layer with the actual "Rock work".

Yeah, if you read my post, it says that I wasn't sure if it was the finished piece or not, but, to be honest, if you look closer, there's only that tiny section with the grey area, therefore, you're both right, I think.

-lofty- said:
rich210uk said:
The grey netting is there just to stop the "sand rock" from falling off.

Ha, no, it really isn't.

I would like to see you try and apply the sand rock to a wire shell with no netting round it, it would fall off! ;-)

rich210uk said:
I would like to see you try and apply the sand rock to a wire shell with no netting round it, it would fall off! ;-)

Actually, it depends on what framing work you're using. If you're using a wire frame with fine spacing between the metal pieces, you'll be fine. A lot of them actually look like they have a "Mesh" on them, when in fact it's just minimal spacing between the actual parts of the framework. I have used this a LOT by the way, I've made props and such in this exact same method, I know what I'm talking about...

Coming along nicely! :--D

H1WD8.jpg

XMMLb.jpg

Typical French...

I see rcdb are listing its name now, dont think its been mention so far. Oz'Iris.... :?

Not sure, just noticed it while having a browse :)

I think it means or based on "God of the afterlife" OzIris.

Wiki
is an Egyptian god, usually identified as the god of the afterlife, the underworld and the dead. He is classically depicted as a green-skinned man with a pharaoh's beard, partially mummy-wrapped at the legs, wearing a distinctive crown with two large ostrich feathers at either side, and holding a symbolic crook and flail.

Or for those who aren't French, Osiris. The name fits...not much else to say about it.

rich210uk said:
I see rcdb are listing its name now, dont think its been mention so far. Oz'Iris.... :?

Well, about frickin' time!

Mods? Can we get a topic title update?

(Or actually, maybe leave it, it's been unknown too long for me to think of it as anything else.)

L'inconnus

That could work, actually.

I love Osiris, but, Oz'Iris looks like it should be a bad mash up between Australia and Egypt.

Is it some sort of Asterix joke I don't get cause the comics are dull and the park awful?

Can Busch not sue over this? :p It's like they've taken the similarities just a little bit too far and didn't think anyone would notice. Montu is awesome, but making a coaster look like it won't just magically make it awesome. You would've thought they would've chosen a slightly different shade of blue or like red cars or something....I've never seen a copy quite so unashamedly...a copy! (I know the track layout is different but still............!)

^No. It's Egyptian themed, with blue track and trains. Busch can't 'sue' over something like that. Plus, why would Busch care? It seems unlikely that anyone who visits Parc Asterix and also Busch Gardens (got to be relatively small number anyway) will notice or care that they share a colour scheme and theme. I mean, they're completely different rides... The only people who will pull that comparison out straight away will be enthusiasts, who (again) really don't care.

SilverArrow said:
Can Busch not sue over this? :p It's like they've taken the similarities just a little bit too far and didn't think anyone would notice. Montu is awesome, but making a coaster look like it won't just magically make it awesome. You would've thought they would've chosen a slightly different shade of blue or like red cars or something....I've never seen a copy quite so unashamedly...a copy! (I know the track layout is different but still............!)
No, no, no! They are not the same! As Hixee just said, only enthusiasts WOULD care, but in reality the only guy who gives any is you.

Ethan said:
SilverArrow said:
No, no, no! They are not the same! As Hixee just said, only enthusiasts WOULD care, but in reality the only guy who gives any is you.

Oh ffs. Who says I'm a guy anyway. It was said jokingly, hence the ":p", which you clearly didn't notice.

Hixee said:
^No. It's Egyptian themed, with blue track and trains. Busch can't 'sue' over something like that. Plus, why would Busch care? It seems unlikely that anyone who visits Parc Asterix and also Busch Gardens (got to be relatively small number anyway) will notice or care that they share a colour scheme and theme. I mean, they're completely different rides... The only people who will pull that comparison out straight away will be enthusiasts, who (again) really don't care.

Many many europeans visit Florida these days so it is not necessarily a small number. It just seems very odd to me. And also....did you also not notice the ":p"??? Everyone is so quick to be rude and obnoxious. Are you saying I am not an enthusiast if I care about such things? Who are you to judge? Seriously chill the f*ck out.

SilverArrow said:
Hixee said:

Many many europeans visit Florida these days so it is not necessarily a small number. It just seems very odd to me. And also....did you also not notice the ":p"??? Everyone is so quick to be rude and obnoxious. Are you saying I am not an enthusiast if I care about such things? Who are you to judge? Seriously chill the f*ck out.
Well I think you've completely missed the point of my post. I wasn't having a go at you AT ALL. I was just making a point that the parks and guests won't (and don't) care.

Hixee said:
SilverArrow said:
Hixee said:

Well I think you've completely missed the point of my post. I wasn't having a go at you AT ALL. I was just making a point that the parks and guests won't (and don't) care.

Hmm. If you say so. I wasn't expecting quite such an "angry" response from you both, that's all.