What's new

Olympia-Looping at London's German Christmas Market

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
What's the 7 car deal?

The closest I've ridden (take a guess) is Scorpion at BGT. Anyone who's done both care to compare?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
It usually runs five cars except at Oktoberfest where it runs seven (probably logistics apparently 5 fit on one truck)

Who knows what it'll run at WW.

It is an utterly different league to Scorpion.

Temleh

Mega Poster
After spending quite a lot of money to ride it at Oktoberfest, I am quite pleased about this... :wink:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Hahaha, I'm gutted, but that's hilarious. Looks like I'll have to get my arse in gear and actually go to Oktoberfest next year.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I guess it was always dependent on a load of things falling into place for this to happen. Maybe they struggled to get it cleared through customs? Well, at least those pesky Germans aren't coming over and stealing our jobs anymore - let's give the plot to a far superior British go gator!

On a serious note, is there any chance this could still happen? Maybe they've just retracted it because there's a chance it might not happen? Or maybe WW want it kept secret so they can announce it later?
Eurgh. I was really excited by this...let's just hope it may still be feasible in the future.

peep

CF Legend
CoasterCrazy said:
On a serious note, is there any chance this could still happen? Maybe they've just retracted it because there's a chance it might not happen? Or maybe WW want it kept secret so they can announce it later?

I really think this is the case. I bet WW were being fussy and wanted first dibs on the announcement.

I'm not too fussed either way but it would have been great to see here in London.

spicy

Giga Poster
Oh ffs. Knew it was too good to be true.

Guess we will have to live with Wilde Maus XXL being the biggest coaster for another year :lol:

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I had noticed it had dissapeared of the website but thought there was a technical hitch with the site. Either that or as people have mentioned, if it wasn't supposed to be announced yet.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If the news is true then I have two reactions.

1. YAY! It remains sort of exclusive and people should make an effort to travel to ride creds.
2. BOO! A lot of people will miss out on what is an iconic (yet slightly overrated) coaster.

So I'll settle for meh, I'm alright, Jack. I've got it!

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, I wouldn't get too worried just yet, there are reasons this might have been removed other than it's not coming over.

I honestly can't see it just getting pulled last minute so lets wait and see.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Last i heard is that post brexit it will be running with just 4 inversions...

Thanks to someone on the ecc for that cracker!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I guess I'm pleased to be saving a lot of cash if its not coming but I'd prefer to spend it on riding it tbh. Typical **** UK though, it feels like our amusement park industry is condemned to permanent mediocrity at times but hopefully BPB 2K18 will change that.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Winter Wonderland is running their charity night on the 17th, £61 for unlimited rides between 5pm and 9pm.

IF Olympia Looping is there, this could be the cheapest way to ride it!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
That much for only 4 hours? Most all-day tickets are less than that! Granted, I know nothing of the whole event, but still.

S

SimonSays99

Don't wanna discourage anyone here but showmen Barth is known to be easily irritable on terms and conditions for his rides. He has pushed not doing children or "Family Day" prices anymore in Germany for OL. So if WW might wanna push him to do charity or "All-Day wristband" deals he thinks are not favorable - meaning he thinks he will not make a profit - he will pull the plug and skip WW.

If OL is there I would assume OL will excepted from the charity night or day ticket deals - assuming he is not reimbursed based on the pay-per-ride price by WW.

Also heard OL only doing Bremen Freimarkt the last years as he pays no place rent and gets electric power at reduced prices - this means reduced even from the cheaper "industrial power" price all funfairs get in Germany. Bremen has likely approved to this as OL drags so many visitors to their funfair.

But still hope WW is holding the announcement for effect...

On the bright side: I rode OL twice last Sunday in Bremen :wink:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^If all that is accurate, he sounds like a right c**t.

60 quid for 4 hours is ludicrous though, even if OL is included. Yeah it's for an opening event with some of the money going to charity, but still. Have they actually put a figure on how much of the wristband price will actually go to charity? If it ends being one of those "percentage of the profits" things, the actual money left after running costs, paying the ride owners etc. could be very small.