What's new

Olympia-Looping at London's German Christmas Market

S

SimonSays99

Assuming 2 trains running with dispatch every 60 seconds you have a capacity of 1200 riders per hour. In Bremen OL charged € 7,50 per ride. So we have € 9.000 per hour - trains were full at Bremen on Sunday. So for a four hour flat fee event he might charge with 2 trains € 36.000 / GBP 32.000 - maybe with a discount at GBP 30.000.

They can dispatch faster with 5 trains every 30 seconds with 3000 riders per hour - put prices likely climb based on agreed throughput. So price might also be halved by agreeing on one train every 120 seconds for 600 riders per hour...

This is based on this weekends price - at Oktoberfest the price was € 8,50 last year... - so there is room for a higher price... cool)

Dar

Hyper Poster
gavin said:
^If all that is accurate, he sounds like a right c**t.

60 quid for 4 hours is ludicrous though, even if OL is included. Yeah it's for an opening event with some of the money going to charity, but still. Have they actually put a figure on how much of the wristband price will actually go to charity? If it ends being one of those "percentage of the profits" things, the actual money left after running costs, paying the ride owners etc. could be very small.

I agree it's pretty expensive, especially if OL isn't there or isn't running that night. £60 for Wilde Maus XXL and the Christmas Coaster!
They do say that the whole £60 goes to the Royal Parks charity and other participating charities, so that's a plus! :p

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Dar said:
gavin said:
^If all that is accurate, he sounds like a right c**t.

60 quid for 4 hours is ludicrous though, even if OL is included. Yeah it's for an opening event with some of the money going to charity, but still. Have they actually put a figure on how much of the wristband price will actually go to charity? If it ends being one of those "percentage of the profits" things, the actual money left after running costs, paying the ride owners etc. could be very small.

I agree it's pretty expensive, especially if OL isn't there or isn't running that night. £60 for Wilde Maus XXL and the Christmas Coaster!
They do say that the whole £60 goes to the Royal Parks charity and other participating charities, so that's a plus!
Well it's not £60 for two rides is it? It's much more appropriate for people who like flats and don't go for coasters only. Coasterwise the lineup isn't great (especially without OL) but flatwise there is a huge selection.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Ketchup

Mega Poster
So... does anyone have any idea whether this is happening or not? Or am I just going to have to wait until they release the final ride list?

I'll probably be visiting anyway at some point but it would be nice to know if it's actually going to be there! If not I'll just spend all my money on that giant KMG Afterburner again!

peep

CF Legend
Things are starting to arrive today so I guess we'll know within the week.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

S

SimonSays99

OL was in Bremen until yesterday (Sunday) - so I guess it could arrive at the earliest next week.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I've read a couple of posts on the Unofficial WW Facebook page today that say OL has been spotted packed up and awaiting transportation at a ferry port in the Netherlands. No solid proof of this was provided, and I have no clue if it could be packed up and transported from Bremen that quickly, but fingers crossed!

Dar

Hyper Poster
I thought it took a week to put together and take down? Unless they're shipping it bit by bit as they dismantle it, but that seems a bit silly

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Eeek, that is exciting! I hope it turns a lot of casual riders into enthusiasts, such is the appeal of this fabled coaster!

Ben

CF Legend
I can't believe it's finally happened yay.

Going to have to go to WW a couple of times now though and ugh it's gross.

But yay Olympia Hooping!

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Yeeeeaaaahhhh! I dread to think how much this thing will cost to ride though. What are people thinking? £10-ish?

Dar

Hyper Poster
I think £12 was thrown about a couple of weeks ago. It was €10(?) at Oktoberfest, so that plus a Hyde Park premium makes £12 seem reasonable

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm gonna get so so so so much hate here, but, I'm not overtly excited? It might just be me who finds nearly ever Schwarz I've been on to be completely over rated, but yeah - great for the line up, but personally, I'm a bit 'meh'.