What's new

Oakwood 2013

Pierre

Strata Poster
Wow I didn't know that either.

That skull looks piss poor. **** sake. The rest of it looks like its coming along nicely though.

Another water ride in Oakwood is a kinda 'lol' decision though. As if Hydro or whatever its called now and the Welsh weather wasn't enough.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Plus the dinghy slides and Waterfall.

So I take it there is now just one new themed land? (not so long ago people were saying that the old kiddy area would be one new area, plus another new area built on that new land...?)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Pierre said:
Another water ride in Oakwood is a kinda 'lol' decision though. As if Hydro or whatever its called now and the Welsh weather wasn't enough.

Well it is Wales. I doubt they have to pay to fill their rides with water - they just have to wait for the rain

supersion

Mega Poster
946013_10151609819104776_886718398_n.jpg

NEVERLAND preview event starts TODAY! Be among the first to experience this magical new area!

Today between 12:00 and 3:00pm we will be conducting special tours of a section of our all new Neverland area.

Not only will these tours be available for EVERYONE to enjoy, they will also feature the opening of three of our new rides and attractions- The Jolly Roger, The Sights of London Taxi Ride and The Journey to Neverland.

Guests can also enjoy the all new Little Darling's Cafe serving great value, quality food including paninis, sandwiches, cakes and specialty hot drinks.

Finishing touches being made to the new Entrance! Will look lovely in the summer I'm sure.

944211_382225355226556_1402652250_n.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
OMG! They changed the camp dragon into a camp crocodile - that's properly fab :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It reminds me of Toverland - which is a good thing, I'm not Gavin. I think it'll look decent when landscaped.

Still haven't see any photos of the microwaves and high chairs yet.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
For Oakwood, this great! It's nice to see the park get a bit of...magic into it. It's been feeling a bit bland in recent years. I think one more coaster, then I'll make a trip to wales to go here.

supersion

Mega Poster
NEVERLAND NOW OPEN!!!! It's finally come to that time, Neverland officially opened this afternoon. We hope you can come down and see it for yourself!

936478_382271428555282_1216556910_n.jpg

But that's not all..... Keep following this Developer's Diary page because Neverland is just the beginning. Here at Oakwood we have so many exciting plans for future development, with new attractions to appeal to all different age groups. Here on the Developer's Diary you'll be the first to know of any future expansion plans here at Oakwood- Wales' Biggest Family Adventure!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oakwood-Theme-Park-Developers-Diary/321600547955704?fref=ts

LG95

Roller Poster
"High quality theming is what you're going to be seeing alot more of here at Oakwood over the next few years!"

Good to hear it. Looking forward to seeing what Oakwood looks like in about five or six years time.

costar

Mega Poster
gavin said:
^It's costing them the grand total of £0 to use Peter Pan as it's public domain.

It should hopefully offset any of the possibly negative connotations that might spring to mind with the Neverland name for a kiddy destination.

It's funny coz the "Peter Pan" name doesn't appear anywhere in the new development. I think Disney might still have a hold on that. I have it on good authority that "Tink's Flying School" was so called because "Tinkerbell" was off-limits. Presumably the same is true with Peter Pan. Still, it's easily recognisable as a Neverland area. I think people will be impressed with how you start off in London and 'cross over' into Neverland, either via the walkthrough attraction (which is quite neat by the way) or just over the threshold outside.

What negative connotations spring to mind by the way...? Did I miss a "Paedo Capt. Hook" story in the news or something??

nemesis_guy

Roller Poster
Visited today... throughput for the Skull Rock flume is terrible. A log wouldn't be dispatched until the one ahead had passed the lift hill and was coming down the drop. They need to implement a block section system and more logs because I dread to think what queues will be like during busy periods. Overall a nice area and nice addition to the park. Hopefully it will pull more people in to the park and Oakwood can make more investments in the future.

One thing that P'd me off was the amount of bird crap spread all over the floor in the 'Drenched' changing facility. Disgusting.