What's new

"Now Showing"

madhjsp said:
tomahawKSU said:
After Earth

Easily the worst movie of the year, yet PETA and greenpeace and every other hippie **** organization will say it's the best movie ever. It's literally a sequel to The Happening. Several scenes of trees/grass/plants just blowing in the wind. Just beyond awful. Saw it to see how bad it would actually be, and never dreamed it would be that bad. Scientology garbage and go hug a tree nonsense.

I'd rather watch the Twilight series on repeat for a year than suffer through that **** again.

I was thinking about going to see it just based on the previews and my general enjoyment of Will Smith movies, but then I found out that it was an M. Night Shyamalan picture. Immediate turn-off.

Exactly the same here... Apart from I've just found out from you :lol:. I was going to watch it because it's Will Smith but now I've found out it's Shyamalam I'll avoid it.

The Grape Wizard said:
Exactly the same here... Apart from I've just found out from you :lol:. I was going to watch it because it's Will Smith but now I've found out it's Shyamalam I'll avoid it.

Well, there's my good deed for the day!

tomahawKSU said:
How Shyamalam still is making movies, I will never know. He had one good twist.

I know, right? This is the first movie since The Sixth Sense that doesn't use his name as a part of the advertising campaign, which leads me to believe that the producers realized that doing so would likely serve as a deterrent for most people. So if that's the case, why get him involved in the first place?

I was just on a 9 hour flight from London to Altlanta so I watched lots of movies.

Kill Bill Vol. 1
Tarintino's worst film... and One of my favorite films ever too :D. Yes with Tarintino, the best person ever, even his worst is some of the best. I feel that there is no plot at all, but the film is stunning to watch and just a blast to sit through. 8.7/10

UP
My favorite Pixar movie. Sad, heartwarming, and funny, what a kids film should be. After watching the first 20 minutes, I thought they couldnt top it! It became a hilarious film without loosing the heartwarming touch. I love it. 9.2/10 kids film wise 10/10

Goodfellas
I previously said that Citizen Kane is the best made film of all time. I am going to change that opinion to Goodfellas being the best film of all time. It has the best acting, script, story, pacing, and overall production of all time. Each shot is not only amazing but so entertaining. While Pulp Fiction is still my favorite film, I must say that Goodfellas is probably a better film. 9.9/10

Rise of the GuardiansEh, it's ok. It's good for a kid's film, but it isn't really good. I will say the ideas for every character (except Jack Frost who was just Justin Bieber) like Tooth Fairy being a bird and Santa Claus being Alec Baldwin as a Russian. Very unique film. 6.8/10 kids film wise 8.7/10

The Green Mile
Am I the only one who thinks Green Mile is better than Shawshank? Shawshank is a great film, but it is quite overrated. It was a great film the first time, but after 5 viewings, it seems only ok to good range. It just gets kind of old. I still like it, but maybe because it is #1 on imdb. Green Mile has not gotten old after 4 viewings. I actually like it better the 4th time. I always notice something different, and if not, I still enjoy the story and acting. Yes, I do cry every time. If you didn't, you aren't right. 9.8/10

Saying Kill Bill vol 1 is Tarantino is like reading half of a book, treatimg it like an idividual thing and say it's the worst one of the series. I find it kind of a silly thing to treat Kill Bill as 2 seperate movies, especially when you have tarantino's tendency for non lineararity.

Saw two films tonight, first was Epic

It wasn't very epic. The animation was nice but despite feeling original it was very obvious and by the book. Overall it was ok.

Byzantium

Not quite what I was expecting. Was quite slow and very 'indie'. I didn't really like it. I did love the Nemesis style waterfall though <3

Now You See Me

Fun. I would suggest it for Micheal Caine and Morgan Freeman alone, but the beginning is very good. After the first hour though, it gets worse with every minute. It also has the worst twist ending in every film that doesn't go with the film nor makes sense at all. I would still see it. 6.7/10

Fast and Furious 6

Utter dog **** and they are making a 7? Why torture us more! Just **** awful

2/10

Trouble with the Curve

Surprisingly, it was very good.

^The fact that there's the number 6 in the title kind of gives away the fact that it's going to be **** ing dreadful.

What's worse is I said it was and people lost their minds, acting like I was crazy. Vin Diesel flew. That's all that needs to be said for awful factor.

This is the End

Extremely stupid but funny. I enjoyed it for what it was.

tomahawKSU said:
Fast and Furious 6

Utter dog **** and they are making a 7? Why torture us more! Just ****

I got made to watch this because a couple of my mates wanted to see it, such a ridiculous film, firstly could the rock be any more neck?!

I also read in an article that if the end sequence with the plane happened in real life, the runway would be something like 28 miles long..

Re: "Now Showing"

Saw V/H/S 2 a couple days ago.

Same concept as the first one, with the films being overall more gore and creep factor than anything. Really enjoyed the 3rd and 4th tape played. 1st was kinda dull, but interesting concept behind the entire film. 2nd reminded me of warm bodies by the end of it somewhat.

Overall very interesting, but more creepy than scary imo.

3.5/5

Man OF Steal

The film is fantastic if your a shnyder and nolan fan you will be happy. you can tell it was more shnyder than nolan as its visually stunning. the story branches a little but dosnt stray far from what it should. there is just one point i think the fanboys will rage at but not gonna spoil it here. so ye go see it

9/10

im a massive superman fan too lol

Man of Steel

One of best movies of the year. I absolutely loved it and I wasn't expecting it to be that great. Great feel throughout the movie, just an awesome movie.

Man Of Steel

The avatar says it all...

Incredible film. Best film for me this year, so far. I'll do a more detailed review later but for now, go and see it!

Man of Steel was such a disappointment! Overuse of terrible CGI, too much lens flare, the fight scenes were too long and I kept expecting the villain to break out into Sweet Home Alabama.

Glad I saw it but hardly the amazing epic it's being made out to be.

Man of Steel was such a disappointment! Overuse of terrible CGI, too much lens flare, the fight scenes were too long and I kept expecting the villain to break out into Sweet Home Alabama.

Glad I saw it but hardly the amazing epic it's being made out to be.