What's new

"Now Showing"

Just watched Chronicle, I actually quite enjoyed it - the filming style was very strange, especially in the ending.

4/5

Chronicle

The filming was the best part, and up until the end, I found it really enjoyable. They ended it incorrectly in my opinion, the last 30 minutes I guess killed it. The beginning was missing something as well. I was entertained for an hour and a half, so I guess that is all it was meant to do, but I wish it answered some actual questions. I'm sure if it does well they will force a sequel out.

8/10

gavin said:
^gets his cock out apparently.

We see his cock quite a lot. I have to admit, it was quite impressive. Carey Mulligan goes fully nude too, which as lovely as I wasn't expecting that (and she's quite hawt <3).

Not that I went Googling last night for about two hours or anything, but, Jesus, he could poke your eye out with that thing.

I love him. He's amazing. Such a good actor too <3

Saw J. Edgar yesterday.

Really good, solid film. Fantastic performances from the whole cast and the make up is epic, they aged the actors so well. I didn't really know anything about the guy beforehand so I found it quite interesting and it kinda went down a route I wasn't expecting at all, especially from a Clint Eastwood film.

Rating: 4.5/5

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Enjoyed it. I still hate in movies when there is that one monologue moment where the character relates through something completely unrelated, interrupts it, and then rambles about how he wishes he could fix his mistakes blah blah blah. Could have been shorter, but meh, Emma Stone was in it.

3/5

Apparently they are re-editing it so it gets a 12A rating so more Potter fans can go to see it. It's a bit of a joke.

P.S. I shouldn't really say anything but the 15 rated version is pretty jumpy, don't watch in a room by yourself in a basement at 2am, I learnt the hard way ;)

^They're only removing six seconds of "strong violence", which, from my understanding of it, isn't really what Woman in Black is all about. So, I don't think it'll be the end of the World. And if it means it's more of a success for it and we see more horror films that are actually creepy and not just bloody...

The Others is a 12a. If it creeps me out as much as that does <//3

^Exactly.

Woman in Black is much more of a "traditional" ghost story. The overall effect and atmosphere shouldn't be affected at all by a bit of violence being taken out.

But, Daniel Radcliffe URRGGHHHH <///3 I tried to watch The Jonathon Ross Show the other day with him on it and I literally can't watch his stupid face on screen. He is AWFUL. Excruciatingly awkward to watch. Despite this, I still want to see Woman in Black. Just hope HE doesn't ruin it.

Oh, and I went to see Young Adult. I really like films about women, this one was really weird, the story twisted in ways I didn't expect it to and rarely do you find yourself watching a protagonist who you dislike quite so much. It has this strange mix of hatred for this character mixed with pity and feelings of embarrassment for her. It also has a few good laughs and some scenes that are SO true to life. Pretty good.

OmggoingtoseeTheMuppetslateryaaaaaaaaaay!

I watched Insidious last night.

'Twas gash.

End of review.

When do I get a job at Total Film?

^ haven't you done a review of that already, claiming you're never listening to horror movies reccomended by teens ever again?

Drive

That was good. More brutal then I thought it be, soundtrack and how it was shot was lovely.
Plus Carey Mulligan, nomm.

8/10

kimahri said:
^ haven't you done a review of that already, claiming you're never listening to horror movies reccomended by teens ever again?

No, I believe that was the modern classic, Orphan.