What's new

"Now Showing"

When I finished watching City of God (on toob of yoo) I didn't know what to think really. After thinking about it and watching bits again I now really like it. ^_^

8/10

LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ You've reviewed that like how many times now? :p

But the first twenty minutes of that movie or whatever are so chilling, and it's really upsetting since it has been considered the most realistic part of any war movie, ever.

I guess when I like something.. I talk about it a lot.. hmm.. sounds like someone I know? :p

And yes.. the beginning of that movie are probably my favorite 20 minutes of any movie, ever. Hands down favorite battle scene ever too.

I agree with Jordan. The only reason that Saving Private Ryan is good is ONLY because of the opening scene. The rest of the film is boring.

^ Yeah, I didn't like the actual entire movie but the first twenty minutes makes up for it and as far as I've heard, definitely does justice in showing how horrible the war was.

^ i will always remeber that film for that brutal scene, when the two guys are fighting in that room. And then he gets stabbed so slowely :( Brutal.

Saw Madagascar 2 at the weekend... Good, but not as good as the first. The leemar was very funny in the first one, but now he's just annoying

7.0/10

It's a Wonderful Life

Saw it last night for the first time all the way through and thought it was a great movie. I'd always heard quotes and things from it, even small clips, but had never seen it all the way through. Definitely a good movie.

9/10

Watched Hook:Again today. Didn't get to the end as I had to go to a lesson. But I've seen it before a couple of times years back. It's still a pretty good film. The sets are great and Dustin Hoffman makes a great Captain Hook. :)

I always wanted to see It's a Wonderful Life, I've never seen it in HMV or anything so I've never been able to =[ Anybody seen Choke yet? It's a film adaptation of a Chuck Palanhuik book, I'm seeing it tonight, wondered what people thought of it.

The first 20 minutes of that movie are the only 20 minutes of that movie worth watching...
Are you kidding? The last war scene is AMAZING!

But even so, I agree here...
kimahri referring to Saving Private Ryan said:
I like the whole movie.

Saw IV

It's really not that bad, and the twist was pretty good as well. Some of the traps were pretty cool. The opening trap was alright at first, but it wasn't that good. The rest were great though :).

7½/10.

Now I rank them Saw I - III - IV - II

Saw Quarentine at the weekend.

Think Dawn of the Dead meets Cloverfield.

Absolutley brilliant, I loved every second of it. People trapped in hotel style appartments, noone can enter or exit, and slowly people are getting 'infected' in a cliche sort of manner. On paper, it just sounds like another zombie movie. But the hand-held camera factor really does make this film awe-inspiring. The director plays with this feature a hell of a lot, and really gets the audience deeply involved with the action.

10/10, without a doubt.

Just watched Transformers on blu-ray with the parents.

I think for one of the first times ever they both turned round at the end and said they really enjoyed it. I do love this film, the special effects are seamless, so realistic (as realistic as transforming robots get anyways). The acting is great and watching it again just gets me more excited about the sequel coming out next year (I think its next year :? )

Rating: 4.5/5

bezzzzzer said:

Absolutley brilliant, I loved every second of it. People trapped in hotel style appartments, noone can enter or exit, and slowly people are getting 'infected' in a cliche sort of manner. On paper, it just sounds like another zombie movie. But the hand-held camera factor really does make this film awe-inspiring. The director plays with this feature a hell of a lot, and really gets the audience deeply involved with the action.

10/10, without a doubt.
*COUGH*

Excuse me. But Quarantine is an awful American remake of one of THE best horror films ever made. The original Spanish film REC is a million times better. Everyone that's seen it will agree with me.
The Americans copied it scene by scene except in English and with worse acting.

Please. If you thought Quarantine was good. Then watch the original one REC.
You'll see the difference in quality. :)

bezzzzzer said:

10/10, without a doubt.

I agree with Ollie.

Rec.

Go watch.

Then, commence in eating your words.