What's new

NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated DECEMBER 31th 2013!!!)

Xpress said:
SC, you're just an **** to everyone.

Oh don't get involved, this has nothing to do with you. Well, apart from the fact that you bum lick CCJared, there was no need for you to step in. Learn your place and I will treat you with respect.

Anyways -

Nolimits 2 looks wicked but not so good.

I reckon it'll only be what RCT2 was to RCT1; an upgrade of coaster types, with some extra features. Nothing substantially extra that will really make the game much better than it is now.

Any planned release dates yet? I know it won't be for a while.

2010, like summer time zone seems to be the rumor spreading around.

Screaming Coasters said:
Well, apart from the fact that you bum lick CCJared,

There you go again.. :roll:

^ Oh don't be a pedal.

I half agree with you Ash however it's more like what RCT3 is to RCT1. Except this will look a bit better, but from what I see so far, not that much. Only time will tell I guess.

Yeah but the difference between RCT 1+2 was Chris Sawyer left the game and hence why it ****ed up.

Oli is still doing this so its all good :p

^CF's resident toddler.

Has Ole not told you, he's getting Ollie to help him with some the 3ds options inside NL2. I thought he'd have told you seeing as you're his best mate. :lol:

NEW STUFF!!

The NL core team (Tom, Kevin and I) will be lingering around on the IAAPA Attraction Expo trade show in Las Vegas this year. We will be in town for a couple of days and will try to meet our professional customers. I am quite excited about that because it is my first stay in Vegas and my first IAAPA visit ever. We might have our own booth there some day.

I made some good progress on NL2 meanwhile. The integrated Force Vector Design tool is finished and works perfectly. Right now the FVD tool uses the old NL1 physics engine but will later use the same physics engine that the simulator in NL2 will use as soon it is finished. The FVD tool is very simple to use and allows even the not so far experienced track builders to create decent results. I am also almost done with the switching track code. NL2 will have switch and storage tracks that are highly customizable. At least 3 types of switch tracks will be available, e.g. there will be switches for dual stations, normal switches for storage tracks and transfer tracks. Also there will be different kind of modes for the switches, e.g. shifting or rotating switches. Depending on the coaster-style, even horizontally and vertically switching tracks can be chosen. [ol]

YAY Switches!!

Source

Sounds cool. So this means we'll be able to have duel loading stations like Air and have working transfer track that slide along to put trains in storage?
Awesome. :D

That third option sounds like Gravity Max tilt track, Expredition Everest switch track and SW6-style drop track!

!Muy excelente!

Tools built in! Also Muy excelente!

I like the idea of switch tracks, and it will be cool, but there's not much use for them, apart from cosmetics.

Unless they have a feature where the trains can get damaged and you can get it repaired in a maintenence shed and you can use a spare train or something.

Cosmetics is fine, but won't we be able to use them mid ride aswell?

Even if we can't will add to the ride-op side of the game.

Yes, you can create entire theme parks (without guests or animated attractions (sofar) :( ) if you want.