What's new

New Roller Coaster Concepts

dominoes

Mega Poster
Oh I remember that! I thought it would be pretty good! I like the idea of Inverted Dive coasters. Shaikra, just inverted

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I'd like to see Gordon Rides LLC make an inverted woodie like they said on their website but maybe if it becomes succesful they might make a launched woodie?

It doesn't have to be launched at first, it could have a fairly large lift hill and a few airtime hills and turns before stopping and being launched in pitch black (like th13teen) :--D

This brings me to another idea. Some water rides like stormforce 10 and the late skull mountain have turntables...why can't we do this with coasters?

andrus

Giga Poster
^Thirteen sort of has a turntable, or at least a backwards section. I think it's an interesting idea that could be used on more coasters!

Titan

Mega Poster
A few years ago I can across these old ride patents. The space rings on track thing has been thought of before. My guess is it never happened for some practicality reasons. A coaster car like that would have to be very very heavy. That could create stress fractures in the car, the track, or the coaster wouldnt be able to do much. I think the original 4D is a testament to some of the issues created by heavy cars.

Attachments

• FIG2.JPG
    FIG2.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 154
  • FIG7.JPG
    FIG7.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 154

Xpress

Strata Poster
Titan said:
A coaster car like that would have to be very very heavy.

Makes me wonder if manufacturers have put thought into substituting carbon fiber to replace the heavier steel components- at least those that can be replaced with carbon fiber. I know they already use fiberglass bodies...

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Titan said:
few years ago I can across these old ride patents. The space rings on track thing has been thought of before. My guess is it never happened for some practicality reasons. A coaster car like that would have to be very very heavy. That could create stress fractures in the car, the track, or the coaster wouldnt be able to do much. I think the original 4D is a testament to some of the issues created by heavy cars.

Is this what you have in mind? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eDOtz1CRU

I doubt the cars would be too heavy since all they are are seats with a large ring around them and several mechanisms attatched, if they're too heavy then why can't you make the track out of a stronger material?

I'd like to see this done but the only problems that I can see are nausea!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I feel that mirrors are underrated when indoor rides are concerned. Imagine what you could do with a wild mouse in a mirror maze, with some fake track, mist and glass panes to make the ride really disorienting...

...wait. They would have to call the coaster "Puke Machine" or similiar.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Another idea I have is a splashdown on a flying coaster similar to when birds fly close to the water and dip their feet in the water creating a splash. On the coaster. I think the coaster car should lower down (back near the sitting position) so there is a splash created by it.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Thekingin64 said:
Another idea I have is a splashdown on a flying coaster similar to when birds fly close to the water and dip their feet in the water creating a splash. On the coaster. I think the coaster car should lower down (back near the sitting position) so there is a splash created by it.

OR, and just follow me on this one here for a second, It could have the fins be differently shaped and longer, to replicate a birds claws so that they wouldn't have to worry about something going wrong with lowering down the last car a bit for the fins to hit. Plus, if you go over a walkway, it could look like it is swooping down and attacking them.

Rankle07

Roller Poster
mouse said:
What is your idea for a new roller coaster type/element?
I always thought of a drop that goes right the way round, like this:
00000000000000000000000.jpg

I know it would be very uncomfortable, but if it could be done in a safe way, wouldn't it be awesome?

(I wasn't sure if this should be in CP+O, so please move it if it should)

Sorry to bring up a really old post BUT i did also think of this a while ago. did a bit of testing on no limits coaster.

check out the video. if you cant see the detail, the max negative vertical G's you hit is -6.8, and that was from a very slow speed of 15 mph. imagine the forces if you started at say 30mph....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgCxiiiFVJM

Rankle07

Roller Poster
and it has already been done in no limits and posted on this thread. I do apologize lol.

That is what you get for not reading through ALL the pages of a thread. :/

tomahawk

Strata Poster
This isn't a "new" concept entirely, but I think it would be quite interesting.

wingwalker/4D style trains that only rotate once, and that is from forward, normal riding position, to flying position. Clearly it would require flying restraints, but the combination of elements that one coaster could have would be amazing. Said coaster could have a Norweigen loop and a Pretzel loop, basically the same thing, but it would cause completely different forces.

This is probably a realistic thing IMO.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
i think a cool idea would to have the seats on the train facing outward with your back towards the track its would make inline twists feel completely different