What's new

New Roller Coaster Concepts

mouse

Giga Poster
What is your idea for a new roller coaster type/element?
I always thought of a drop that goes right the way round, like this:
00000000000000000000000.jpg

I know it would be very uncomfortable, but if it could be done in a safe way, wouldn't it be awesome?

(I wasn't sure if this should be in CP+O, so please move it if it should)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Well, I have a few.

All coaster

Allcoasterconcept.jpg

This is a concept where all the coaster types are in one. The layout I have drawn badly depicts the design with the normal sitdown, wing-rider and inverted coaster in one. You change to whatever the park wants with possible designs being: Sit down, inverted and wingrider on left or right, Sit-down and wingrider on both sides or inverted and wingrider on both sides.

Another design of 4D coaster

4Dconcept.jpg

This is a design of a 4D coaster based on the design of the Space rings ride on RCT3.

mouse

Giga Poster
Thekingin64 said:
Well, I have a couple.
Fixed. :wink:
I like the 4D Design, not sure where the track goes, but nice.
Not to sure about the All coaster, perhaps you can explain it more?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
The track for the 4D is circled in Red in this picture:
4Dconceptcircledtrack.jpg

The All coaster is for parks which don't have space for a sit down, an inverted and a wingwalker so they can get all-in-one. It is more of a Gimmick though. Merlin will like it :p. This picture with the station platforms drawn on might help you thinking of the design of the station:
Allcoasterconceptwithstations.jpg

Hope that helped a bit. Thats the max I can explain it really.

Also, a design I forgot about:

Steam Coaster

This is an average sit-down coaster just with the gimmick of a rack and pinion steam engine pushing the cars up the first hill. A bit like this:
880.jpg

The Engine would then go back through the station, wait for the train to arrive at the brakes, couple up to the train, pull it in to the station and uncouple again. Using transfer track, the engine would then run around the station to get back behind the train. It would then do it all again.

I know this will never get built but as I love coasters and steam railways, I want it to happen. :--D

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'd like to see more variation on the Launched Inverted coaster. The only true coaster like that is Volanco, then there's the Impulse coasters, but I'd like to see an inverted version of something like the Rock'n'rollercoaster.

Unless I'm being really thick and there is more of them out there?

Joober

Roller Poster
mouse said:
What is your idea for a new roller coaster type/element?
I always thought of a drop that goes right the way round, like this:
00000000000000000000000.jpg

I know it would be very uncomfortable, but if it could be done in a safe way, wouldn't it be awesome?

(I wasn't sure if this should be in CP+O, so please move it if it should)

The force at the bottom of the drop would probably cause all the blood vessels in your brain to explode.

Ben

CF Legend
Joober said:
The force at the bottom of the drop would probably cause all the blood vessels in your brain to explode.

fqu0q981dv000b25fp03ku.jpg

?

You could basically do a Screaming Squirrel thing with a half-inline twist to right yourself, don't see why not. It would be pointless and probably suck, but, it's POSSIBLE.

Joober

Roller Poster
Ben said:
Joober said:

fqu0q981dv000b25fp03ku.jpg

?

You could basically do a Screaming Squirrel thing with a half-inline twist to right yourself, don't see why not. It would be pointless and probably suck, but, it's POSSIBLE.

Those aren't drops, the g-force going round that would be significantly less than it would for a huge drop.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
mouse said:

As long as it is a drawn out inversion, it is possible to do. For instance, the forces that you would experience are very similar to that on a B&M Flyer Pretzel Loop, which too are drawn out and entered slowly to reduce forces.

1568.htm

The real issue is rider comfort, and having a restraint system that wouldn't cut into the riders, such as OTSRs.

Ben

CF Legend
Hyde244 said:
mouse said:

As long as it is a drawn out inversion, it is possible to do. For instance, the forces that you would experience are very similar to that on a B&M Flyer Pretzel Loop, which too are drawn out and entered slowly to reduce forces

Um... Hyde? Have you misplaced your frontal lobes or something?

Being pressed onto your back and being pressed onto your head are two VERY different things. One makes all the blood rush to your head and kills you, the other is fun. I'll let you figure out which does which.

PS, inb4 multi-coaster.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Eh, on second thought, yeah. :razz:

However, it does still stand that a drawn out inversion would work. The twist would have to happen sooner, but it could still work.

Ben

CF Legend
How can something be drawn out, but, also end sooner :p

You would need to get it over and done with VERY fast, so it'd have to be quite small... Say, like a Screamin' Squirrel...

ssdavidw

Roller Poster
If I could do a new coaster it would be an indoor dark coaster, but the cars would be turned around backwards and the last car in the coaster train would be a lighted animatronic monster that would chase you around the track in the dark.

Offtrack elements could add to the excitement. For example if it was a dragon chasing you it could simulate having it shoot fire and have things off track catch on fire or collapse.

A sci-fi themed version could be fun too.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Those are interesting, but also seem kinda boring to me :/

As for a concept, why not something like swinging seats for either a steel or wooden coaster (think suspended kind of swinging, not am extended kind of drift). That way, for a wooden you could go a bit beyond 90* during a turn due to the car swaying, and for a steel all elements would be fun lol!

I have a concept car drawn out, but will have to upload it when i get home unfortunately :(

Intricks

Strata Poster
No, it isnt suspended. The car itself would sit on curved railings somewhat hidden underneath, so it would sway back and forth like a suspended coaster does.