What's new

New attractions at Paultons Park

Thinking about it, I do reckon it's going to be a water ride + a coaster. The area from the Go-Karts to the Log Flume is probably too big for it not to be two rides. Pure guess, but I reckon the timescale might look like this:

May 2025 - With the opening of Ghostly Manor out of the way, we might have another Superfans event to focus on 2026 and 2027.

2026 - Water ride on the Go-Karts site (and south of it). That's where the construction is now. However, they're dismantling the Log Flume, which arguably suggests they have a more modern replacement planned very soon. Possibly one of those Mack LIM-launched Water Coasters (although that's probably a bit pricey if they do indeed have two big rides in the works).

2027 - New coaster on the Log Flume site with some type of barrel roll or inline twist. My money's on an Intamin Hot Racer or GCI Hybrid.

Last edited:
Thinking about it, I do reckon it's going to be a water ride + a coaster. The area from the Go-Karts to the Log Flume is probably too big for it not to be two rides. Pure guess, but I reckon the timescale might look like this:

May 2025 - With the opening of Ghostly Manor out of the way, we might have another Superfans event to focus on 2026 and 2027.

2026 - Water ride on the Go-Karts site (and south of it). That's where the construction is now. However, they're dismantling the Log Flume, which arguably suggests they have a more modern replacement planned very soon. Possibly one of those Mack LIM-launched Water Coasters (although that's probably a bit pricey if they do indeed have two big rides in the works).

2027 - New coaster on the Log Flume site with some type of barrel roll or inline twist. My money's on an Intamin Hot Racer or GCI Hybrid.
I think a Coaster and Water Ride combo does seem very realistic and likely. From what the park appears to have teased, the coaster and possibly the water ride seems to be in 2026. I'd say it would be intertwined together so they'd interact at different parts.

A 2027 expansion/phase 2 is realistic although I think it may be a slightly smaller investment i.e. a family ride or a thrilling flat ride. The old log flume was very compact as it was a travelling model which the site would be big enough for a flat ride of some form on its own - if combined with the nearby playground and water play area, it could be big enough for a compact coaster.

It does appear to be a massive area with very exciting potential. The teased coaster has the potential to be cover a very large area of the park.

I love hearing about the different ideas and thoughts about this project as it's very exciting and not knowing for sure what it is.