What's new

Nürburgring | Ring°Racer | S&S Compressed Air Launch

That's what i mean though. I mean, the only acceleratory rides i've been on are Rita and Stealth, and they wouldn't be worth it if they just stopped after they accelerated. They just seem to be selling the ride on the fact it's fast :/

Fair enough, i'm not meaning to diss it, it just doesn't appeal to much to me personally.

How exactly does it launch? If it's not in RCT or No-limits i might throw it in Project: Roller Coaster.

^^Compressed air.

There's really not much else they could do with the ride. What are they going to do if they didn't brake the train right after the launch? This is one of those rides where space really is an issue.

Yes but thats not what they wanted the ride to do. The only reason there are turns in the ride like that is due to S&S. The original idea was just for an oval.

If you go onto some F1 sites you will see what they wanted this ride to do.

Sort of getting a bit fed up now of repeating myself :)

Please read the information before asking why it has no top hat and why does it break at the end of the launch.

I am not having a go at anyone here btw. Now I better find the link read it ages ago so this could be hard :(

Its all been spoken about before anyway. Micheal S will be opening the ride as well.

Are they going to open it for the German Grand Prix next week?

It does look fast, and I see what it is meant to do as they want to show how quickly F1 cars can decelerate. The turn looks fun aswell and it bombs it into that building.

There are a number of Stigs, he was there as a one off to drive his own Ferrari round the track.

That was not him at the end, that was a piss take.

Stig = Character.
Doesn't matter who plays him.

This ride = Bizzare but fitting. I don't know of many F1 cars that go flying up and down drops ECT. Except when they crash and I don't think people want to experience that.

It looks like they are still testing and finishing off the ride before its opening as this article points out.

Hopefully if it does open they will show a bit of it on the BBC this weekend at the Grand Prix.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... -Prix.html

The 134.8mph "Ring Racer", which features a pneumatic launch and reaches its top speed in just 2.5sec, is the main feature of a controversial new €250 million (£215 million) development that has sprung up in the two years since this undulating track nestling in the Eifel mountains last hosted a grand prix.

Frankly, it is hard to believe it will be ready on time. On Thursday, as grey skies that seemed to sum up the foreboding atmosphere swirling around this sport cast a long shadow over the paddock, diggers and cranes were still hard at work and the ride was being tested with crash test dummies instead of punters.

I just say the track whilst watching the practise session.

It looks so exposed and due to the grandstand you will get a good scense of speed.

marc said:
Its about the speed and breaking, its not about turns etc.

Yeah, but the whole point in the Nurburgring is to see how fast cars go round the track and also how well they turn the corners.

so surly they would have designed the rollercoaster to be similar? It just feels to me abit, plain. They need to do more, apart from the launch its abit pointless.