What's new

Music Recommendations

Lain

Giga Poster
Today I dow... um, obtained Jason Becker's "Perpetual Burn".

PerpeturalBurnFront.jpg

It's an instrumental guitar album, so most will probably hate it, but it's the most amazing instrumental album I've ever heard, not just non-stop shred like you expect from the likes of Malmsteen et al, but stuff that's tastefully done, and played with amazing precision.

The best track on the album is "Air". I think even non-guitarry types will like that one.

Get it now!

kir

Hyper Poster
ZOMG HUGE NEW CHOON!

NINA SKY FEAT. DAYTONA - CLOTHES OFF

MAINLY FOR RICHIE WHO IS PROBABLY THE ONLY PERSON WHO WILL APPRECIATE IT <3

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhad4IuJ6DA[/youtube]

Richie

Hyper Poster
kir said:
ZOMG HUGE NEW CHOON!

NINA SKY FEAT. DAYTONA - CLOTHES OFF

MAINLY FOR RICHIE WHO IS PROBABLY THE ONLY PERSON WHO WILL APPRECIATE IT <3
OMG NINA SKY!

I've just listened to it now and I love it! Send it me next time we're both online :p

Also the Chris Brown Umbrella sounds a bit weird! I can't wait to hear the version without Rihanna.

kir

Hyper Poster
Enrique Iglesias - Do You Know? (The Ping Pong Song)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pci3zK48cXU[/youtube]

I've never been a fan of Enrique's music, and the only song of his I've ever half taken into account has been Not In Love, simply because it featured Kelis! :lol: But this song is great, it's really light hearted (despite being about love troubles) and the beat is awesome. Music is getting stranger every month - a beat recycled from a recording of a ping pong ball bouncing is something... different I guess!

Secondly,

Robin Thicke - Lost Without U

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3_gIi4ECok[/youtube]

Incredibly sexy song. Robin Thicke is a better version of Justin Timberloser. I'm glad he's finally starting to get recognition in the UK. He sings Lost Without U in falsetto which is fab because it's not his norm, and it makes a nice change. His regular voice is just so sexy too. He knows how to make his audience feel good! :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ormerod said:
I been listening to ''She sells sanctuary'' quite a lot recently , by The Cult.
Its some classic rock

It's a shame that everything else The Cult did sounds like a Queen Tribute Band! :D

kir

Hyper Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2h-LzkhDSw[/youtube]

Awesome video, crap song.

kir

Hyper Poster
Double post, because my last one was totally last month!

Brandy is back everyone! Her 90's music reminds me of everything childhood for me. Not to sound like an old man, but I listen to her old stuff and I just get a sweeping sense of nostalgia.

www.foreverbrandy.com

What really excites me is that the instrumental playing on the website is HHOOTT. I can't wait!

Jer

Strata Poster
Mongrel, The New Number 12 looks like you Cd is very sexy. The CD is very powerful! it's slightly more melodic than Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear. and does'nt change tempos (as much). Songs like Grandfatherm and Sleeping With the Fishes, See? are increadably powerful and fun to lsiten to. You have to pick up a copy of Mongrel, even if you hate them :p

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Ozzy Osbourne - Black rain (Awesome riffs from Zakk Wylde)

Rage Against The Machine - Self titled

Blur - Parklife

Michael Jackson - Thriller

robbeal

Hyper Poster
My god the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs song is good! Now the YYYs are a band I find very hard to like, there's just that je ne sais quois about them that really doesn't appeal to me. Every now and then they come up with a real gem, and this is a 'now', or one day in the future, a 'then'... New track's called 'Down Boy', and its a bit of a mix between general rocky choruses and a really sexy laid back verse, that almost makes me accept Karen O, the lead singer, as a member of the music industry. Only once before have this band actually made me sit up and listen, and that was 2 years ago, when they brought us 'Gold Lion'. 'Down Boy' is the same principle, but done much better, and a little darker.

Video, seemingly shot at a live concert, and purely in night vision:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJNNeI03POc

It seems rude to do just one review at once, economy's the future. Or is that garlic bread, oh well...

If you've not heard the current single by Jack Penate (pronounced "Pen-yarr-tay" but I can't put the little squiggle above the 'n'), then you clearly have no ears. If you've heard it and didn't realise it was the most catchy song of the year, by a mile, then you have no taste. Its such a great little tune! Its really nice, unassuming singer-songwriterish stuff that you can very easily sit and listen to and not notice, usually. That's until the new track 'Torn On The Platform' came around, and within your first ever listen to the track, you're singing along faultlessly to the chorus by the end. Make no mistake, this will be the most catchy song to hit radios this year.

Vid-yo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3X9ILXNYp4

peep

CF Legend
Jack Penate I find boring, but this song is ok I suppose, it keeps playing on Xfm atm which seems a tad boring to me. Each to their own.

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
Editors - Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors, apparently their new album is rubbish though, but I'm in love with this song.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^If not known? Its that ubiquitous that its as if its been implanted into all of our heads in an attempt to drive us all insane...

Emmmerrrrr, definitely agree with you on the Editors track there, its better than anything on their first album, which is saying something, because that was good. Tom Smith is turning into Chris Martin from Coldplay though. Sitting at a piano, funny curly haircut going on, going from a bit boring and uninteresting to ever so slightly odd? How uncanny.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
The Chemical Brothers - We Are The Night

Just thought I'd check out their new stuff after seeing their mind blowing Glastonbury set, and yes, it's brilliant! It flows brilliantly and is great fun with some interesting collaborations with The Klaxons and Willy Mason. I'm not really sure what else to say, its just a great new album, check it out.