What's new

Music Recommendations

If this doesn't effect you then you are made of steel.

Rubbish.

If you want an emotional song that is actually sung with EMOTION, then listen to something like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvDQ7eJ3vAI[/youtube]

I have a request.

Instead of just posting the name of a band and their song.

Try actually posting something about them. I don't want to waste my time looking for them in the hope that they are a rock band, if they turn out to be classical opera, just because you wanted to waste a post and up your count by telling people to look for this song.

That is all.

danielfitzgerald99 said:

Everyone should listen to Depeche Mode! Best. Band. Ever! :D

To gratify Smithy - they're an electro/pop/rock/goth/ballad/emo/synth band with a twat of a lead singer who has the most fantastic of voices.

After about 1987, they stopped fitting into any kind of category, and just mix a bit of everything. I've been listening to them for almost 25 years now as a fan, and never get bored. Whatever you do though, don't start with an album like Exciter or Playing the Angel, but one like Songs of Faith and Devotion, Violator, or Music for the Masses (which I dislike, but everyone else seems to think it's great :lol: ).

danielfitzgerald99 said:
NIN - Hurt

One of the most beautiful things I have ever heard. If this doesn't effect you then you are made of steel.

I like it, but it never really did much for me to be honest. I am made of steel though, I agree :D

Live however, it's pretty stunning, but I always find live performances utterly rapturous... :D

ÓMG We Got It - Todosantos
(With just a normal O... I hate that stupid omg crap)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eHX_UMola8[/youtube]
fiesta fiesta fiesta! (ps. there isn't a proper video for it)

danielfitzgerald99 said:
If this doesn't effect you then you are made of steel.

Did nothing for me or to me

I coulden't under stand him :lol:

alot of the people were arguing about which version was better the original (from what I know) or cash's version the latter was better imo since i could understand him. :wink:

kelihits.jpg

EVERY GOOD MAN/WOMAN OWNS ONE!

I've just re-discoved Jimmy Eat World.

If you don't know who they are or what sort of music they are then I feel sorry for you.

They're kinda Punk/Rock I suppose. They have a large variety of music and it can suit a number of different moods.

Just listen to them.

Guillemots -Get Over It

Cannot wait for Red, they're next album. Their first album is one of my all time favourite albums, but this change is style is fantastic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mUhpmvp4KY[/youtube]

Can't stop listening to this song at the moment.

Somebody at work told me to download it,so I did,and now I can't stop playing it.

I'm even singing it at work. :lol:

I believe it's due for release soon.

Gabriella Cilmi-Sweet About Me.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg0Redd5-00[/youtube]

NIN have out of the blue put a quadruple instrumental album on the website with 36 tracks.

You could trust Trent Reznor to do something like that. No advertising and then suddenly it just appears. Legendary.

danielfitzgerald99 said:
NIN have out of the blue put a quadruple instrumental album on the website with 36 tracks.

You could trust Trent Reznor to do something like that. No advertising and then suddenly it just appears. Legendary.

Yes, completely original. Radiohead didn't do that exact same thing this summer. And made a few million while letting people download it for whatever price they want.

Almost said:
danielfitzgerald99 said:

Yes, completely original. Radiohead didn't do that exact same thing this summer. And made a few million while letting people download it for whatever price they want.

Not exactly though was it.

Radiohead 'announced' their new album well in advance, took orders for it, then made it downloadable.

Trent Reznor just suddenly, out of the blue, gave his fans 36 tracks. The difference is, that Radiohead were marketing a new album. NIN are just giving away something unexpectedly. No pomp and circumstance. Also remember it's been less than a year since NIN released their last album, so to put out another 36 tracks is pretty good (even if they are likely to be old stuff he couldn't sell :lol: ).

furie said:
Almost said:
danielfitzgerald99 said:

Not exactly though was it.

Radiohead 'announced' their new album well in advance, took orders for it, then made it downloadable.

Trent Reznor just suddenly, out of the blue, gave his fans 36 tracks. The difference is, that Radiohead were marketing a new album. NIN are just giving away something unexpectedly. No pomp and circumstance. Also remember it's been less than a year since NIN released their last album, so to put out another 36 tracks is pretty good (even if they are likely to be old stuff he couldn't sell :lol: ).

Are they just B-Sides? Cause in reality almost any band can put out 36 B-Sides.

Me and my insanely bad music taste....
I think this covers most of the songs you should hear one day:
Soft Spoiler warning:
http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Songs_ ... ros._Brawl
I agree some are rubbish, but I've heard some of them and they were... wow. and they're all in one, single game...

Do not batter me down with your opinons of this. I like game music because it brings back memories, not necessarily because it's good music.