What's new

Most Painful Rollercoasters & Flat rides

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Saw on a bad run is up there with Mean Streak. Fu€king awful. They need get someone to reprofile the radius' of the first drop. They need each side of the air-hill and the dips of the dive loop sorted. Its basically a fu€k load of little straight sections at different angles that makes the car bounce along. I don't like brain shaking. Do the same to Speed too. Thats fu€king rough.

After 15 goes around Saw in a day my vision was all blurred and my neck was cracking. It can happen after a single go... not pleased.

They should learn from Rage, as thats smooth.

Magnum was kinda "fuking hell this hurts, but it feels sooo good" kinda awesome.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Saw seems so hit and miss. Sometimes it kills, other times it's fine. That's the problem, as you don't know how to prepare for the ride.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
jokerman said:
Saw seems so hit and miss. Sometimes it kills, other times it's fine. That's the problem, as you don't know how to prepare for the ride.
It's not that you don't know how to prepare yourself - it's that you can't prepare yourself. You can brace yourself all you want and it won't help. It's not head (or any other limb) bashing that's the problem - it's the way it shakes you around and gives you a splitting headache that's the problem.

Snoo

The Legend
Magnum is more good pain then **** my life pain. It is something which is hit or miss on top of the fact that you still get great airtime. Ejector row will kill you though.. but it is so magical.. especially when the trims aren't catching immensely.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The Villain. There's a reason it was turned into scrap metal.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Corkscrew at Flamingoland has to be the roughest I've been on coaster-wise and I haven't been on a bad Flat (out of what I can remember)

marc

CF Legend
Kumba for me now, as soon as we left the station I new it was going to be bad. It was like it has square wheels, and I left the coaster with tooth ache and a jaw that hurt for a day.

Its a shame as I loved that coaster but there is no way I could ride it like that again.

The Hulk is not far off now either.

It may have been the cold as someone pointed out.

tks

Strata Poster
Magnus Colossus.

My back jarred halfway down the first drop. You then have to endure 2 minutes of bouncing up and down in your seat. PAIN.

Snoo

The Legend
I think so.. as I rode it a mere few weeks before you and it was smooth as butter.. about 75-80 degrees.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
This thread never dies does it? Id have to give the good old Stuntman's FreeFall my vote now. I remembered how god awful that drop felt, mixed with the restraints, and the sudden jarring stop on your back at the end of the ride. Rough, painful, and awesome. This ride was amazing, and sucked at the same time.

Emmett

Giga Poster
The roughest coaster I've been on was Coaster Express at Parque Warner. It was so painful and the coaster felt like the brakes were constantly jammed on. Bandit at Movie Park Germany was also pretty bad.

The worst flat I've done was Alakazam at Pleasure Island. The worst restraints ever. Ended up stuffing my neck and back up for the rest of the day after it.

dragonkhanrider

Roller Poster
Wooden: Stampida - PortAventura, Spain (with kumbak trains)
Steel: Superwirbel - Holiday Park, Germany
Flat: Telesaurio (number 10 only) Parque de Atracciones de Madrid, Spain

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
steel: Viper @ Magic Mountain, I'm a little on the short side and had my ears removed by it.
wood: Thunder Road @ Carowinds, my neck was about to snap afterwards.
flat ride: any scrambler type centifuge after some lardo squashed me in one.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
I'll second Thunder Road! I'm 6'2" with incredibly long legs... ouch
Anaconda at KD is dreadfully painful!
Any Scrambler is bad for me...