What's new

Most Painful Rollercoasters & Flat rides

Coasterfiend

Roller Poster
uck, i hate rough rides.

wooden- thunderhawk, dorney park
steel- never went on a rough steel coaster
flatride- DINOSAUR- walt disney world

got SUCH a huge headache on thunderhawk that i only rode it once. i went on the others four times and up. i got stuck thinking about flatrides, so i chose DINOSAUR even though it is intentionally rough. as for steel, i never really went on a rough one.

Treeis

Mega Poster
Infusion was increadibly painful when I rode it. Also, big dipper and wild mouse from blackpool.

I also find Colossus gives me a headache every now and then.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
This comment may very well render me unpopular, but I'm going to have to say I find Rita at Alton Towers very uncomfortable. I'm not sure what it is about the ride, but it always makes my neck sore and gives me a headache :?

Kebab

Giga Poster
^Don't worry, Rita is rough as! The neck-chopper is quite unbarable, especially towards the back it can detract from the experience greatly! It's not as bad as Corkscrew was, that was like watching the Twilight saga over and over again or something. :cry:

Steel: As said above, has to be Corkscrew at Alton Towers, that was one awful coaster! Easy contendors are Infusion, Baco and Indiana Jones.

Wood: Probably Big Dipper, I couldn't bare it at all on opening weekend this year, it was like being slowly stabbed in the ass cheek, because it was tame but absolutely destroyed me!

Flat: Not sure about this one. Superbowl at fairgrounds is quite painful, well, any fairground flat can be deemed as painful. So yeah!

Treeis

Mega Poster
FaceYourNemesis said:
This comment may very well render me unpopular, but I'm going to have to say I find Rita at Alton Towers very uncomfortable. I'm not sure what it is about the ride, but it always makes my neck sore and gives me a headache :?
I completely agree with you! Its the over the shoulder restraints, they are not very good at side-to-side action

wabbit42

Mega Poster
I am going to add to my list with the Big One. Not as bad as Goudarix, but bumpy pain, especially side-to-side :shock:

wakey1512

Roller Poster
Wood: The 1958 wooden wild mouse at BPB. It's not a bad ride, but its incredibly voilent
Smaller Steel: Boomerang at pleasure island, utterly atrocious ride quality due to under maintanence and of course being vekoma..
Big steel: Jubilee Odyssey at ingoldmells. The cobra roll sure hurts

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Wood - Hurler @ Kings Dominion. It jerks around A LOT, at least a lot more than any coaster I've ever ridden.

Steel - Probably the Intimidator 305 @ Kings Dominion. I rode it before it had the new strap harnesses, so (you probably have heard of this before) my neck jabbed into its original OTSR which was rather painful.

Flat Ride - Can't think of any at the moment.

As a side note, many people giving Mean Streak a bad reputation of being "unbearably rough" - I don't know what they're talking about. It does shake you around a little bit, but I didn't think it was THAT bad, based on riding it 2 different times (once in 2003 then again in 2007).

pebs34

Roller Poster
Steel - Colossus @ Thorpe park. Being only 5' 4" i find it beats the crap out of my head.

Wood - Gwazi Lion @ Busch Gardens Last ride on a cold November evening. Ouch.

Lofty

CF Legend
How on earth did I forget this bad boy:
move2.jpg

Mr. X

Roller Poster
Wood - Gwazi. It was worse than Mean Streak and the Boss put together. There wasn't a single enjoyable moment in the entire crappy ride. I actually skipped out on the lion side because one ride on the tiger side was enough to never make me want to ride it again.

Steel (and overall) - Iron Wolf. No ride has induced more pain than Iron Wolf. It's the only coaster that's made me swear in pain the entire ride. I didn't ride anything for the next hour afterwords because my head ached so bad. I don't care if it's historically significant as the first B&M, tear it down and toss the pieces into the landfill.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Steel - Probably the Intimidator 305 @ Kings Dominion. I rode it before it had the new strap harnesses, so (you probably have heard of this before) my neck jabbed into its original OTSR which was rather painful.

WOW! Really? Did you ride Anaconda? Flight of Fear? Shockwave? Those are all much more painful then I-305 on a regular basis. Sounds like you just had a bad experience. :?