What's new

Most Disappointing Ride

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Thekingin64 said:
The buffalo coaster at DMP had a huge queue when I went on it and I got on it wih big expectations from this very site that it was going to be good but in fact it was ****. Slow, Short, Boring.

Lol. Yeah Coasterforce, damn you and your misleading recommendations!

Think of the amount of disappointed kids went home crying after riding that turtle ride (or whatever the hell is was) that was rated 10 on here for months!

(P.S. I can't be the only one who thinks "Your mum" whenever this topic title appears in the most recent posts list on the home page, can I?)

Xpress

Strata Poster
Inverse said:
(P.S. I can't be the only one who thinks "Your mum" whenever this topic title appears in the most recent posts list on the home page, can I?)

That goes without saying :lol:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
SnooSnoo said:
I'd throw Hydra out there too.. as it is a bit rough and too short when I expect so much more. Of course.. it is a floorless. Kraken as well if we are throwing those out.. as that was complete and utter
icon_censored.gif
I agree 100% with Hydra, but Kraken isn't anywhere near as bad. Sure, it isn't as great as I expected but still a good ride & I definitely wasn't disappointed.
And going by furie's post, Shivering Timbers still remains as my only disappointing ride. I just expected so much more & it didn't come close, but then nothing at MA is worth mentioning.

Snoo

The Legend
^From all the things I've heard about the ride.. it was a pure shame how boring, rough, and just lame the ride was.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
LOL, big expectations from the Buffalo *powered kiddie* Coaster?

gavin said:
^Why would you ever get the impression that it was going to be good?

You can see how crap it is before you get on the bloody thing.

Well, I Just thought it was going to be a lot better than it was and also considering that due to a disability pass, I got up the exit so didn't really have a good look at the coaster first.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Thekingin64 said:
The buffalo coaster at DMP had a huge queue when I went on it...

Not that that bothered you...

Thekingin64 said:
...due to a disability pass, I got up the exit so didn't really have a good look at the coaster first.

Can I suggest if the coaster is small enough that it's hard to see, it's not great?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^ Well I like to try and have a look at the course before I go on a coaster and I didn't get a good look at this coaster and when I said about the huge queue, it was at the exit as loads of other disabled people wanted to try and get on aswell. Also, The exit queue was hardly moving so I probably spent more in that than I would have in the Normal queue, and that was pretty big aswell.

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Come on folks you can all see the elephant in the room!

Shockwave at Drayton Manor, it looks like a good crack but after riding it i felt cheated i mean the thing is criminally awfull! :--D

I know this one i will proceed to mention has the coaster community divided: Collosuss at thorpe park.

I can't stand it!

Although i would say that the most consistantly underrated coaster is the "Bat coaster" made by pinfari! you get a lot of bang for your buck, and you don't always come off with a fatal injury.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Lightning Racer at Hershey Park, it wasn't a BAD ride, but people made it seem like it was this amazing wood coaster, but i thought it wasn't nearly as fun as Comet and The Wildcat

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Th13teen at Alton Towers!

It's not bad as a family coaster, but the marketing suggested that Th13teen was going to be the world's scariest roller coaster.

I went on it with the wrong expectations, and as a result, found it mediocre :doubt:

Lofty

CF Legend
You're not the only one, a lot of people on this website will agree with you on that count, although, I enjoy it every time I ride. This is proof that marketing and promotion can be done 'Too well', in a way. Good on Morwenna, she got it publicity and got a LOT of people going to the park to ride it, although, not so good on her because she dug her own grave and forced herself out of Alton Towers.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
-lofty- said:
Good on Morwenna, she got it publicity and got a LOT of people going to the park to ride it, although, not so good on her because she dug her own grave and forced herself out of Alton Towers.
Without wanting to change the subject too much, but did the mis-marketing of Thirteen actually play a part in her leaving?

Lofty

CF Legend
^ From what I've heard it did. Apparently, because of the bad representation she was getting from this and also the Scarefest Clown Protest, she had no choice but to end it. There was several reasonings, this being one of them, also the fact she got offered a better (higher up in the company) job at a different attraction in Manchester (Chill Factor-e). This is what I was informed of anyway, not from an Enthusiast, but rather someone from The Towers themselves.

chessychase

Roller Poster
The Incredible Hulk at IOA... neck breaking! I personally don't like corkscrew elements by B&M's that I've been on.

Jools

Giga Poster
For me Dragon Khan, I enjoyed Furios Baco a hell of a lot more, but crikey, from reading this topic I'm not looking forward to returning to Florida again :lol: