What's new

Most Disappointing Ride

^ Oh come on, Volares aren't THAT bad.. They're not the best and most comfortable experiences ever, but they're definitely better than a lot of other things I have been on. The headbanging wasn't too bad either.. It's just, the ride wasn't that good, including the layout and everything.

But Ben, obviously Tatsu is better than a Volare... Anyone who says otherwise is clearly delusional :p .

Emmett

Giga Poster
^They are but maybe the model I done at Särkänniemi is worse than the rest of them but I wouldn't really want to find out. You probably got the good one.

The only coaster I've done which was worse than it was Tornado at M&D's.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
The first Volare I rode was the one in Malaysia, and it was fun and smooth.

Then I rode the one at Canada's Wonderland, and now I understand why people hate them.

Go figure. A production model from an Italian company with variations in quality.
;)

^ I've actually onlyy ridden the one at Wonderland, and I didn't think it was bad at all.. A bit of headbanging here or there, but nothing too insane.

Jake

Strata Poster
The one at Wonderland was AWFUL!

Playland's I didn't find too bad, although Ben thinks it was worse...

However, the one at Wiener Prater, oh, my god. Never again.

A

Anonymous

SnooSnoo said:
Disappointed?

Well.. probably Mummy at USF. I heard SO much hype.. and it was the lamest POS I've ever been on. So very meh it blew my mind.

Obviously not, mummy is class and so is the hulk. Irn Bru at Blackpool isn't great

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Shivering Timbers (since it's hasn't been mentioned for 4-5 pages). :p

Blaze

Hyper Poster
^,^^
Thank God.
That was not my most disapointing ride because I was expecting it to be ****, and it turned out to be ****.

Kebab

Giga Poster
^^Actually I was the complete opposite. I was expecting Corky to be unbarably rough and down-right diabolical; but what I received was some great ejector airtime, more so than the pile of poo that was next door it. Corkscrew took me by surprise, I actually thought it was still potentially one of the greatest coasters at the park!

It seemed to suit Ug Land so much..

Oh well SW6 FTW!!! :p

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I've got the ones that were completely disapointing because they're crap, then the ones that wI don't think are crap, but were disapoiting because I set my standards too high.

Just Crap
Air
Collosus
Deja Vou
Tomb Raider (Canada's Wonderland)
Top Gun (Canada's Wonderland)
Mean Streak
Magnum XL 200
TraumaTIZER
Avalanche
Whirlwind
Knightmare
Velocity
Kumali
Shockwave (Drayton Manor)
G Force
Stealth
Kraken
Millenium Coaster
Jubilee Odyssey
Jungle Coaster

Expected Too Much
Tastu
Ghostrider
Mumbo Jumbo
Millenium Force
Revenge of the Mummy (USH- Most anticlimatic ending to a coaster in the world)

God I sound like a right whinging git! I can't think of anymore but I swear there's more for the second category.

Tjex1

Roller Poster
I have to say, I was slightly dissapointed with SAW, at Thorpe Park. I mean, it's supposed to be scary!!!

A

Anonymous

nemesis inferno, it was so disapointing, this might be because i was expecting nemesis 2. Nemesis holds a special place in my heart, being the first rollercoaster i ever rode 13 years ago, but i was expecting there to be so much more g's i could of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all the way round.

A

Anonymous

Loch Ness Monster, worst arrow I've been on. I thought this was supposed to be one of the best. I didn't enjoy anything except the small queue theming.

Another let down was Apollo. Yes it's my #2 but it was no where near what it was made out to be.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
SAW. As a huge fan of the films I was expecting an amazing roller coaster (maybe even 'scary', as it's billed to be....) with awesome theming. I got completely the opposite.

But then again, I should never expect too much from Thorpe.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just been thinking back to the Denmark/Germany trip. Big disappointment there was Nessie Superrollercoaster, the Schwarzkopf looper at Hansa Park.

I don't think anybody really wanted to say it at the time, in reverence to the general brilliance of Schwarzkopf loopers, but apart from one decent moment of airtime, it was a load of crap.

A

Anonymous

Personally I can't get over how many people are saying Saw. That was an epic ride and MUCH better than I thought it would be.