What's new

Most Comfy seats/Restraints?

scotlandrulz

Roller Poster
The comfiest (sp?) restraints I have ever been on is Oblivions. There is so much space and leg room, and I could literally fall asleep on it!

As a side note, Stampi-****'s restraints are the worst out there.

A

Anonymous

I love B&M seats and restraints. Intamin's are very very nice as well. Lightning Racer's seats are some of the nicest I've ever sat in as well.

A

Anonymous

Ok, out of all the rollercoasters I've ridden it's between a B&M Sit Down or Intamin Accelerator... its hard, when I'm on Oblivion its so comfortable cause the seats are really moulded for you ha, but Intamin pretty much have that too.. and I like the bendy restraints you get on accelerators that you can feel bend under the power of the launch. Intamin accelerators win for me, but only just.

BENjAMiN

Roller Poster
Favs-
B&M (hyper) clamshell
B&M (inverted, stand-up, floorless, sit-down) OTSR
Gerslauer (eurofighter) OTSR

Hate-
Vekoma (SLC) OTSR
Intamin (accelerator) OTSR

A

Anonymous

I'm going to have to go with the B&M hyper restraints also...I could have taken a nap in one of those seats.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Vekoma's suspended Family coasters have AWESOME seats and restraints.

First restraint system Vekoma have got right. They rock.

A

Anonymous

Out of the experiances I can remember, I only found the Eurofighter's restraints to be uncomfortable, but that may possibly have been because Rage is a rough ride and my head kept banging.

Intamin stand up (Shockwave) wasn't too uncomfortable, but certainly not the best.

Corkscrew lacked legroom, can't complain about the restraints, Oblivion Air and Nemesis were all really comfy :)

Emmett

Giga Poster
After riding Tsunmai at M&D's at the Live, I found it to be the most comfortable I've ever been on. There was a huge amout of padding and the seat was comfortable, that it really made the coaster so much more enjoyable than it looked.

A

Anonymous

I find older wooden coasters comfortable, Rollercoaster at Blackpool for example.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Any B&M's. They are so comfortable. I've never been on a B&m hyper before, but those sound very comfortable.

A

Anonymous

Tatsu at SFMM is really comfortable for a flying coaster Iwas really impressed :wink:

mewantcandy2

Mega Poster
B&M pretty much nails everything they try. I love the DM seats/restraints, but the Megas really are the best.

For wood coasters, the Coney Island Cyclone is riding a coaster in a gigantic couch. Also, GCIS MF trains rule.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
The Vekoma suspended trains for the Junior Coasters are brilliant, the trains are excellent and pretty damned comfy.

A

Anonymous

The most comfortable seats/restraints for me are definitely B&M's inverted, floorless and dive machines.

You can almost fall asleep in them, they feel so comfy.
B&M sit down coasters suck though. You have no idea how much better a ride is until you ride it without your feet being able to touch the floor.
Kumba, The Incredible Hulk Coaster, and Kraken all have the same style zero G roll in their layout. However, Kraken's was the best because my feet weren't able to push down on anything for stability, and I really floated.

The vekoma/arrow trains are just weird though. Depending on which side of the train you dit on, either your left or right foot will be higher than the other.

nealbie

CF Legend
B&M Flyers!

I find Air the most comfortable ride ever, and it's either down to it being unbelievably comfortable (or more likely because it's a very boring ride), that I have fallen asleep on it!

Seriously though it's very very comfortable, and it is the only coaster that I have been on for that sole reason, as opposed to the ride experience (which lets face it, is dreadful). :lol:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^But surely the ride experience covers comfort?

I think the thing with Air is that, even though it is a bit forceless, it is better for it. I don't think the ride experience would be anywhere near as good if it was super-forceful. The thing with Air is that it is smooth, comfortable and flowing. It's almost designed to be relaxing, not a massive thrill machine.

In my opinion it is brilliant. OK, it isn't in my top ten, but the reason I like it is that it works. AT could have made it forceful and intense, but then it wouldn't have worked. If it was intense then the comfortable seats would be there to stop the ride hurting, they're comfortable here to add to the ride experience and keep the feel of a gentle ride.

I'm not really describing this very well. Basically, the ride experience is great, it's just not forceful.