What's new

Most Comfy seats/Restraints?

A

Anonymous

So out of all the train styles that we have what is the most comfy?

B&M:
Sitdown/Floorless
Standup
Flyer
Inverted
etc

Intamin:
Multi-looper
Accelerator
Strata
Giga Coaster
Mega Coaster
etc

Maurer Sohne:
X-car
Spinner
etc

Vekoma:
GIB
sitdown
Laydown
etc

Obviously there are more manufacturers but I don't want this post to be mahoosive!

Can also be for flat rides too?
Which seats look the best!
Also what coaster has the best looking trains, wether it be the paint scheme, or themeing?
Views?

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Millennium Flyers as number one. My friend likes it to Couch: The Ride.
B&M Hypers are next.

Edit: Taylor mentioned something I forgot... I really like T-bars. Minimalist at its finest.

Probably the clamshell ones, they're pretty awesome and they allowed for a lot of airtime. The seats are really comfortable too! The trains on B&M hypers are just all around nice, it seems.

I like Intamin trains as well, and I like the way that T-bars make you feel all vulnerable and out in the open. The OTSRs are nice too, but T-bars make me feel a bit more exposed.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Most comfortable for me was Hollywood Dream, so yeah, B&M hypers/megas I guess.

B&M flyers are really comfortable, too

For flats, I find Intamin Gyro Drops and Gyro Swings really comfortable (more so than th Huss Giant Frisbees).

A

Anonymous

I agree with LiveForTheLaunch in terms of the Intamin trains. They are so open, they make me feel like I'm flying, as if there was no train.

Also, has anyone seen the restraints on Phantom's Revenge? They aren't my favorite, but they give a lot of freedom and seem pretty unique.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I haven't ridden a B&M Hyper, but I would imagine they are very comfortable. The most comforable restraints I have been in are the B&M Flyer restains, although I think they are quite inclosed.

I really like the restraints on Furius Baco and Rita (the only examples I have ridden). They are very comforable, and give lots space.

Gazza

Giga Poster
B&M flyers for me, I just found them very pleasant to ride in. Despite holding you securely, you still felt free so you could concentrate on enjoying the ride.

Ultimate Coaster said:
3. Intamin Accelerator OTSR
Really? Granted they give a good amount of freedom, But for me they had some comfort issues, neck cutting for one (though the ride is fairly smooth so it doesn't happen that much), I thought the leg bar part could have been a bit more sculpted, but it was actually the seat aspect that was worse for me, the backrest angle and seat height made it feel like you were doing some kind of squat, you are seated a little too upright, and the sides of the seat tended to press into the backs of your upper arms when holding on to the handles.
Still, they are one of the better designs out there, but not without their flaws.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
All B&M's. Dive Machines are great as the seats are at an angle/tilted back. Flyers are my favorite. And Clamshells on inverts are great.

Also I find eurofighters have really comfy seats. And Intamin Accelerators (OTSR) are comfy too apart from the neck chopper effect like on Rita.

Lofty

CF Legend
From what I have ridden I would say that I find...

B&M Flyers very comfortable (thats the only good thing about ASir :p)

and...

Accelerators, Baco was so fucing comfortable it was unbeleivable :)

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I'd also go for Accelerators and flyer restraints but I also like the ones on Intamin woodies.

A

Anonymous

I love flyer’s restrains their incredibly comfy, I just love the way the make you feel so relaxed and not in pain.

I also love Inferno’s restrains, they are really comfy and don’t show any sign of being painful, (Like Colossus)

I feel all seats are comfy, and I have no problems with any of the seats on a ride. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Most restraints are comfy. Slammers are supprisingly comfortable seeing as it only holds the top of your shulders and your waist. The restraints on flyers are also very comfortable, but they feel to safe, and it spils the effect of flying. :(

Johnny

Hyper Poster
B&M Flyers, Arrow 4Ds and Intamin OTSR in particular are comfortable. GhostRider's seats, Xcelerator's lap bars and even Déjà Vu's restraints were quite comfortable for me too. Well they weren't uncomfortable.

But the worst are the Vekoma looper trains like on Corkscrew at Alton. I had to sit forward because if I leaned back, the backrest (or whatever it was) would dig into me somehow. It was awful.

Rach

Giga Poster
There are lots of coaster seats that I like.

Intamin accelerators are one of my favourites, I always find the seat to be very comfy and always fits my body shape fine and they don't kill me when sitting up straight.

Another one of my favourites in B&M flyers. Even though your mainly on the chest cover all the way round I still find them exceptionally comfy. On Air I love going into the fly to lie. Really are very comfy for me.

My ultimate favourite that I have been on is B&M dive seats. I like they way that they are angled and slope down backwards especially on Oblivion. I always say that I could stay sitting on them for a long time.

Beans

Hyper Poster
I find Intamin Accelerators very comfy, never felt uncomfortable on Stealth, but for people with long legs they could be a bit tight.

B&M inverts are good too, never felt uncomfortable on either Nemy's

Airs seats are quite comforable as well although if you get stuck in the break run it can be a bit uncomfortable hanging around.

I actually like Rush's seats as the tip you back slightly and good for back support.

Colossus's are the worst for comfort.