What's new

Milestones in Your Counts

nadroJ

CF Legend
Do you not count kiddie coasters Slash or do you just not go on them? Looking at your coaster count there's a few of the smaller ones you've missed from the Orlando pakrs.

When you go in September be sure to ride Shamu Express, it's awesome. Also don't forget there's the Woody Woodpecker thing and Barnstormer in Magic Kingdom. They all add up =]

My 100th coaster was Dragon at Camelot.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I think I did 10, 20, 30 and 40 on another page but I will do it again seeing as I don't have many milestones and only starting bothering with them after around 40.

10: Scorpion, Busch Gardens Africa
20: Nemesis, Alton Towers
30: Oblivion, Alton Towers
40: G Force, Drayton Manor
50: Kraken, SeaWorld
60: Dueling Dragons (Ice), Universal's Islands of Adventure

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Updated

rollermonkey said:
#400 - White Cyclone, Nagashima SpaLand.
#500 - Dreamcatcher, Bobbejaanland (This was supposed to be Typhoon, but I messed up!)
#600 - Zaturn, Space World
#700 - SpongeBob Squarepants Rock Bottom Plunge, Nickelodeon Universe.
#800 - Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland
#900 - California Screamin', Diney's California Adventure

I think I want the moebius woodie in Mexico city for my #1000.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I want the kiddie coaster in Rotherham town park for my hundredth.

Off to Rotherham with coaster geeks this weekend, must have words! :lol:

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Well, i'm now on 49, so my 50th will be a choice of anything at Port Aventura... Dragon Khan methinks.

A

Anonymous

1: Barnstormer
25:Magnum XL- 200 or Gemini
50: Cant remember

100: The Beast!

A

Anonymous

How are you guys counting?
Are you counting each coaster ride, or each different coaster?
Regardless...can't remember back over 30 years as to how many rides or coasters. Sure some of them are closed by now anyway :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Most people use coastercounter.com

They just tick the boxes and go with it.

I count "ride layouts". So even if I've been on 20 Big Apple coasters, I just count it as one.

There are several reasons for this.

1. All Big Apples ride the same (same can be said for most coasters).
2. It can be difficult to follow coasters sometimes. Is it the same ride as was already somewhere, and should you then count it or not if it's just moved?
3. You can have the smug upper hand in an argument over counting coasters
4. This is because people take counting coasters too seriously, I pretend to by doing it this way - it's a very subtle joke.

;)

I got the Clifton Park kiddie coaster as my 100th unique layout coaster! Hurray! We celebrated with Burger and Ice Cream! Yum!

We didn't actually celebrate :(

marc

CF Legend
I did not even hear you say it was your 100th.

Well at least we were in suits for it, probably the smartist I have ever been riding a coaster lol.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Voyage was my 100th woodie.

In a different kind of milestone, I re-enlisted on Hades. I find the pictures of me riding in my dress uniform pretty funny looking.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
150th unique coaster was... Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens Williamsburg! Hurrah!

200th Coaster Count coaster was the same!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Great stuff furie. loefet & 10WaTT! I feel your pain Chris. It must be difficult as all get out once you get up to those kind of numbers. I can't wait until the Live to make some progress with my count again.

Fi

Mega Poster
My 100th was Gemini at Cedar Point. I was trying to make Top Thrill Dragster my 100th, but it was down and didn't want to risk missing credits forthe sake of a memorable 100th.

Ben

CF Legend
I worked out earlier my 400th should be the Giant Dipper at Belmont Park <3

And despite earlier denial, I stand a reasonable chance of hitting 450 this year <3

A

Anonymous

Well mine our milestone in a way.
Upsidedown: Double loop
Hybrid: Villian
200ft: Magnum
300ft: MF
400ft: Dragster
Launched: Wicked Twister
Inverted: Raptor
Stand up: Mantis