What's new

Milestones in Your Counts

I am at 167 and I am in a place in the United States with not that many coasters (Massachusetts) and where I am in Mass is 2 hours from Six Flags New England. I am one person who relies on kiddie creds, traveling creds, and alpine coasters to help boost my count and when I go on road trips I get any plus ones I can and if I pass a place and its open I go to it. On trips to Holiday World, Kings Island, Busch Williamsburg, Cedar Point, and Six Flags Great Adventure I managed to tack on multiple random coasters along the way that weren't planned to really add to my coaster count.

Do you drive though? If I were in the US and I drove I think I'd have all the creds by now just from going on road trips.

And FYI, I'm a waitress at TGI Friday's, so yno, it's more about saving and working hard to pay for the trips you want to go on as opposed to having a well paying job ;]

nadroJ said:
so yno, it's more about saving and woking hard

This is why you're a waitress xxx.

A US road trip is a great way to massively boost a coaster count. There are so many parks with 10+ coasters in them. European parks, with a couple of very rare exceptions, really don't come close when it comes to numbers. Back in 2010 I must've added around 200 coasters in the space of a few weeks thanks to a couple of back-to-back USA road trips.

gavin said:
nadroJ said:
so yno, it's more about saving and woking hard

This is why you're a waitress xxx.

**** off ;D xx

But yh, anyone in the US with a car wondering how we all get such high coaster counts, literally get in your car and drive within a 3 hour radius. Unless you're in a crap state like Idaho or Wyoming or something where there are no creds you're literally always going be be within a reasonable drive from a good cluster, especially if you're living on the East Coast. No excuses ;]

Gonna update my list as I'll be topping 1000 in less than a month.

100 - Megafobia, Oakwood, UK, 2005
200 - Balder, Liseberg, Sweden, 2006
300 - The Bat, Canada's Wonderland, Canada, 2007
400 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Cedar Point, USA, 2007
500 - Mad Mouse, Fuji-Q, Japan, 2007
600 - Crazy Chase, A pikey fun fair in Wythenshawe Park, UK, 2010
700 - Ukko, Linanmaki, Finland, 2013
800 - Hollenblitz, Oktoberfest, Germany, 2014
900 - King, Foire Du Trone, France, 2015

1000th will probably at Six Flags New England or Canada's Wonderland.

^^^^^ for the time being I'm stuck in Devon with a weekend job and in full time education, would love to do a US park trip at some point though.
At least if all goes to plan I should be driving at the end of the summer :)
Anyway, back to the topic. I'm not sure of my actual coaster count but I think I must have done my 50th at Blackpool. Revolution maybe? I need to sort out my count really....

Well, I've also exhausted most of the creds within the 4 hour radius of me. Love the parks within a short drive of me, but in terms of new I have to wait for new coasters or expand my journeys.
That said I have been lucky to live in the Northeast where I can get quantity and quality...no need to ride boomerangs, SLCs and kiddies just to rack up creds. Which is wonderful btw, I've spared myself the brain trauma and can be an online snob who ribs those who has to ride them all LOL

But yeah, next milestone will be 125, can't see getting to any others this year.

I do go on a good amount of road trips but everything is a haul. I live in Massachusetts and the closest park is Canobie and its a hour and a half. I have all of the coasters within 3 hours of me so now I am starting to branch out and get New Jersey and New York. I was doing a good job of that until my car tried to kill itself from Blackbeard's Cave to Bowcraft. I plan on doing as much in those two states as I can this year. I will definitely try and get Playland Park and Great Escape but I don't know how much more in New York. My car dying in Jersey screwed me out of 2 more in Jersey and 3 I was going to do in New York. I still manage to get a lot for being in a area where the closest parks are 2 hours away.

To get a little back on topic my next milestone is 200 which I can't wait for I am pretty lost as to where it will be since I have plans in June and August and none in July so hopefully I will hit in before I go to Dollywood and Over Texas in August

I don't get Americans' refusal to get on planes. Domestic fights there really don't cost much.

^ They're certainly not Easyjet or Ryanair cheap though. That being said, there's not really an excuse to not travel domestically in North America despite flights not being quite as cheap as overseas. It's a lot harder to do like, longer trips with shorter vacation times as well (I'm lucky with my current job, but a lot of full time jobs give 1-2 weeks a year with a lot of factories forcing that time to be over their shutdown weeks or places making you take it over Christmas). I definitely wouldn't be doing weekend trips anywhere over here really, because you're still looking at $300-400 flights and then hotels (which can't be split as easily as you guys in the UK can because we don't travel together much) instead of cheap hostels. Hostels exist, obviously, but fewer for sure. After this summer I'll barely have anything major left to get from the midwest to the east coast. I guess I'll have to hit up Cali again and then do a big coaster trip in Europe to get what I didn't get before (which is a lot).

Also, 125 is not a milestone :p

I'll be getting my 400th in Texas.

gavin said:
I don't get Americans' refusal to get on planes. Domestic fights there really don't cost much.

I have no issue with it, just I personally really enjoy driving, especially on a city to city type thing. I can't vouch for some of you guys but I also try not to go just for a park, I like to make it part of a trip. Like when I went to CA 2 years ago, SFMM was one day out of the 10 I was there. Or even a park road trip, I plan to couple each park with time in the city/area.

Oh, apparently 125 is not a milestone. Guess it's only 50 and 100s? Well darn!

I log every 25th coaster in my list, but that's mainly because I see it as a kind of chronology of my coaster experiences. I enjoy seeing which park I was at when I was at certain places in my coaster count etc.

However, the only 'milestones' where I make an effort to get the best coaster possible, are for my 100's and sometimes my 50's.

Still a noob here ;) And since I don't rack up vekomas, kiddies and etc I can't really pad my count heh
Anyway, the milestone I'm more looking forward to this year is finally doing an RMC : D

gavin said:

<3 lumping ones with alls <3

Clearly, most of us 'here' have no issue getting on planes heading anywhere :p

Canobie"making $8 an hour but I have 6 flights booked for this year"Fan?

CanobieFan said:
gavin said:

<3 lumping ones with alls <3

Clearly, most of us 'here' have no issue getting on planes heading anywhere :p

Canobie"making $8 an hour but I have 6 flights booked for this year"Fan?

Well said!

Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, may knock off the Cyclone @ Coney Island soon which is gunna be a personal milestone for me given its fame, and I guess that other new ride there which apparently gives you brain trauma. The things we do for this hobby!