What's new

MARCH 15th- UPDATE!

Taylor, Its a great start.

Now you just need to fill out that waterpark area, fill it out again. (I know you said that you've not done it yet...)
But it looks Okay. Yep.
Nice start!

Cant wait to see more, keep it up.

I'm not gonna get a chance to work on it for the next couple of days but Brian gave me some pictures of waterslide towers which I'm gonna use, so I'm gonna delete some of the slides I already have and replace them with actual stair towers.

Its looking really good Tay.

And yeah staircases would look more realistic, I'm sure you can pull it off and make them look good.

Okay, not exactly a huge update, but I deleted everything I had in my waterpark except for the entrance and started over. It took me forever to get the staircases just right, and the whole thing has just been constant trial and error, but enjoy!

It's not done obviously, but here:

SCR6-4.jpg

SCR5-5.jpg

The buildings in front of the entrance are changing rooms / lockers.

Love the architecture. I'm not even saying that for the sake of it either, I'm really impressed!
Water slides? I'm not too keen on them to be honest, they just seem far too big and garish - they ruin the surroundings. The colours are nice and the idea, but that's about it

I'm quite interested in your coaster design - I know it'll be a few more updates until you start proper construction, but the improvements you've made with your arc'y I'm sure you'll pull something off quite nicely.

I wish I had something constructive to say but so far you don't seem to need any.......(from me at least)

Coaster_Monkey

Its an improvement on the other screens for sure!

The stairs to the slides are really great, but the purple slide just hit me as being a bit long, and "bulky". The yellow ones better because it has larger sections for drops.

The buildings are also very nice, and the folliage makes the whole place look amaze.

Great work!

Thanks a lot for the comments guys!

CoasterMonkey- I'm surprised you like my architecture. I think it's probably more realistic then the last park I made, if you remember that, but I think I could still use a bit more realism in there. Maybe I'll try harder when I start on the actual amusement park.

Deano- Thanks, but as for the slides, I think I'm gonna keep them as they are. It was hard for me to support them, and get them to fit within a close proximity of one another while still having a somewhat realistic layout. For the slides I mostly just tried to find pictures of real slides and then just tried to make them similar in layout and length.

Thanks again!

I've just noticed that the stairs don't reach the top floor on the staircase to the slides. Plus it will look better if you can support the staircases with either blocks or a frame as it looks strange just hovering off the floor.
Also slides don't usually have supports like that. Look up some pictures on google and try and go by that.
I like the buildings and the landscaping though. :D

Okay, so I made an adult area which includes a swim up bar, and I did a bit more landscaping here and there. I also added another slide complex which I'm not finished yet!

SCR8-3.jpg

Oh and Ollie, my slide things aren't floating. They have supports on all four corners.

Enjoy.

Working on your foliage could increase this appeal by a huge margin.

And I know the rain is a big factor, but your area feels kind of dark.. I think your flower choices and a few other things like choosing a different fencing could really liven up the area.

It's looking much better then earlier, however. It seems like it's always improving!

Thanks Brian!

As for it being dark, yeah I know. I need to try and use different fencing in different areas but I get really obsessive over staying consistent with the fencing (even the brick around the adult area was a big step, haha). I'll definitely try to brighten it up though, but I thought the neutral colours of the Earth and the bright waterslides were pretty cool because they clased. I'll see what I can do though!

Oh you can definitely make it work with earthen colors. In my opinion, I think Firefly looks pretty good and it consists of mainly brown, haha. I'm trying to think of how best to explain what I'm thinking of, but I'm not sure right now. I think it might all come back to foliage, actually. I'd keep doing what you're doing with fences and work on the foliage.

Taylor, I love it.
The slides look awesome, the only thing I can suggest is making the Yellow and Purple ones slightly shorter, so they are no so close together and blahhh - crap suggestion, I know. :wink:

The stairs and supports looks good, makes the area look so much better now, and I like the idea of the Adults bit, good thinking.

Nice work, Tay. As CM said, cant wait to see your coaster design.
Keep it up!

Looks amazing, Like CP6 said, that type of fence make it look a little dull. Also, on that huge big green slide, in the pool for it, there is no stairs for the people to get out :p

The use of scenery (Tree's, plants, flowers) Are really good. And the scattered around areas of dirt and stuff makes it look niiice.

And how did you get those awsome waterfalls??

I get what you're saying Brian, but do you have any suggestion as to what I can do with the foliage?

Thanks Lauz, but I don't think I'm gonna shorten the slides. I was pretty happy with the slide designs because like, although they look pretty long they're actually not when you compare them to slides in real life. Most slides even like, intertwine and such and my goal was to get them really close (Brian actually suggested them being close to one another), but thanks for the comment!

Deano, thanks for pointing out that there aren't stairs; I didn't even notice that. I got the waterfalls in the workbench that Brian sent me.

Just another small update. I changed the fences to brick fences to try and brighten it up, but I need your opinion. Around the pools, should I also use brick fences, or should I keep them as the black ones? I also have an overview picture:

SCR13-1.jpg

Overview

SCR12-3.jpg

Fences

Looks in nice, but I don't like your choice of slide colours as they don't blend together nicely. Also try to keep the area more like a waterpark other than a theme park with slides.

Looks good though, keep it up. :p