What's new

MARCH 15th- UPDATE!

Tay, what sort of theme are you going for with the park. Is it going to have a kind of Six Flags style? As it seems to be in a commercial area. Or if you fade it into residential zones then a forest/natural style park would work well. :)

The Yellow & Red McD building looks good. Try experimenting with different, brighter colours.

Well as most people know I'm the queen of bright colours so I tried to tone it down.

Okay, since many people dislike the area, I'm gonna go with a few choices:

1) I've created a lake, so should I make the lake kind of go near the stores?

2) Make other buildings on the other side of the street to block out the massive amount of grey parking lot.

3) Leave it as it is and come back to it later.

Actually, I have a little update, and it's a rest area as well as a road leading up to the parking lot of my park. So you'll be seeing it soon.

I want to see what you have done with the park next.

I think if you get too hung up on the extras and forget to make a really good park then you could ruin this project.

I'd like to see a really nicely themed park, with the finishing touches going in all over the area at the end...

I guess you're probably right Hixee, however, before I read your post I started adding in a few patches of trees into the parking lot like this one:

SCR6-2.jpg

Just to break it up a bit.

Anyway, I have another small update consisting of a rest area, and a bridge which leads to the park. Right now I'm just working on rebuilding the Holiday Inn.

SCR1.jpg

SCR5-3.jpg

It certainly looks a lot better than before!

The trees in the first picture realy make all the difference from a boring concrete slab to a nicely constructed area. The rest area looks really good too.

And in the second picture the terrain and vegetation looks really realistic and naterual, as if it has grown. (If you know what i mean).

Not sure about the all Green bridge. But its ok, nothing major.

This looks amazing so far. Hope you saved it on a disk! ;)

Haha, thanks Deano, and yes I do have about ten copies saved, but not on a disc. So hopefully if one copy fails then the other ones will still work.

As for the green bridge, I tried to go for a somewhat neutral colour without using grey or brown because in my opinion there is too much of those two colours in my park so far.

I think I'm going to expand the lake I have around some more to like I said, break things up. We'll see.

That'd be kool, yea the bridge being green is better then grey anyday (For this park anyway).

Thats tonnes better Tay. Now it feels like it's being constructed on a plot of land rather than a giant slab of concrete. :p
Are you considering building a tram that takes you to the park or something?
Keep up the good work.

Are you considering building a tram that takes you to the park or something?
Keep up the good work.

Uhh, I never thought of a tram but a train system or something would be a neat idea. Right now I have the parking lot right across the green bridge, but who knows, I might use that idea!

Deano123321 said:
Or a car park coaster? :lol:

I love that Idea! Seriously, I think it'd look awesome! I rekon you should try it. Would certainly make the area look much more valuble.

Nice work with the tree's - It looks better now that you've broken it up a bit.

Keep it up.

Seriously try the carpark coaster thing. 8)

^Have you ever seen a coaster in a MacDonald's car park? ;)
Neither have I. :p

This should be the first. lol

Lmfao, I don't think I'm just gonna plop a random coaster into the parking lot of an area that isn't even that close to my park. I'll see though, like, maybe I'll put one in the parking lot of my ACTUAL park :p .

The rebuilt Holiday Inn looks pretty good so far I have to say. It's more or less exactly like the last one except I added a few trees around it.

Ohh, two updates in one day, how exciting.

I'll get a few more screens of it later, but I rebuilt the damn holiday Inn thing which was annoying and took me a longish time.

SCR7-1.jpg

SCR12-1.jpg

Deano123321 said:
Yay, my useless comment made disscusion! :lol: .

Savour the moment. It rarely happens. ;)

Holiday Inn looks fab Tay. Nothing else to comment on. :lol:

do you just prefer RCT 2 or is it just for this project that you are using this ?

Yeah, I prefer RCT2. I had RCT3 for a while but it ended up crashing this computer and costing about $250 to fix so I never installed it again. Two is just way better for pretty much everything.