What's new

Last Cred Review

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Troublesome Trucks Runaway Coaster
Edaville, Massachusetts, USA

Gather your courage for this ride that contains helices and what is almost a drop. At least it’s a big enough kiddie coaster that I didn’t feel silly riding it and even put my hands in the air.

Beware, however, if you ride in the front car, which, when it crests the top of the lift hill, spasms like a startled kangaroo for some reason.

Ben

CF Legend
I think the Pandora ride is better than any Potter ride and yes I’m a threat to myself but not others. That boat ride is trash though hopefully everyone agrees on that

Seriously... how?

The Potter rides are fully immersive experiences from start to end combining ride hardware, physical sets and 3D.

Flight of Passage is a video.

Last edited:

vaugc002

Mega Poster
So Olympia Looping is back in London and obviously I had to reride.
It's a magnificent piece of design, and has some great vertical gs.
But also terrible restraints that mar the ride, not many laterals, and it's £9 a go.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Dæmonen - Tivoli Gardens
It's not very impressive to look at but the floorless trains are great, and the inversions are old-school B&M intense.
Personally, this ride's Zero-G was my favourite of any coaster so far. It's a really fun ride.

Snoo

The Legend
Dæmonen - Tivoli Gardens
It's not very impressive to look at but the floorless trains are great, and the inversions are old-school B&M intense.
Personally, this ride's Zero-G was my favourite of any coaster so far. It's a really fun ride.

I enjoyed this ride. I mean I loved the park too but it may also be because I'm used to concrete everywhere.. lol

Ethan

Strata Poster
Mentioned this in the ' Biggest Disappointment' thread, but my most recent cred was Olympia Looping at WW. I was so miserable after getting off because a lot of people on here hype it to be really special and intense, improved by the fact it used to be a pain to get the cred before it came to London for winter.

I wasn't really impressed with anything about this coaster if I'm honest. The layout is nice and compact but the corners that are known for being intense weren't, the loops felt pretty tame, even slow? I'm not sure if it was because I was on the back row, or if it's because of the time of year... But it really wasn't special for me at all. I rode it at about 2 or 3pm too so it wasn't early in the day before it had a chance to warm up. What do others think of Olympia Looping?

Makes me nervous about returning to Phantasialand to ride Taron for the first time, because that coaster is even more hyped and I'm worried I won't find that intense at all :( It's been a while since I've ridden a coaster that felt truly intense for me.

Matt N

CF Legend
@Ethan I don't think you're the only one who was left a little underwhelmed by Olympia Looping. While there are many positive reviews online, I've also seen others that weren't overly impressed with it. In fact, I've seen others on this forum who weren't overly impressed with it. I can't say I've ridden Olympia Looping, but I'd say the reception of it seems to be mixed to positive on the whole.

Taron, on the other hand; I think it is almost (not quite, but almost) up there with Steel Vengeance as far as levels of unanimous praise go. I've seen a couple of people who don't rate it quite as highly, but the average enthusiast's opinion of Taron seems to be nothing less than overwhelmingly positive from my perspective! Besides, Taron is a completely different style of ride to Olympia Looping built in a completely different era!

Anyway, I can't really contribute anything new to this topic as I haven't ridden any creds since September, but the next time I'll likely give a review is when I'm in Florida visiting WDW in April!

Hutch

Strata Poster
I didn’t even know there was hype around Olympia Looping. It seems like a fun Schwarzkopf but can’t be anything more than that right? Obviously it’s a famous ride but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The thing with Olympia Looping is more the history behind it all I think. Oldest travelling coaster, used to be a journey for most to get it, very much a classic rough and ready coaster too.

Personally I didn't like the ciaster, but that was because I found it uncomfortable and almost too intense. But still, I enjoyed it for the sheer aura and spectacle that it is.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ I get that it's the history of it, but I just don't get this thing about it being intense? I found it pretty sluggish, even my non-enthusiast mates thought the same.

jayjay

Giga Poster
^ I get that it's the history of it, but I just don't get this thing about it being intense? I found it pretty sluggish, even my non-enthusiast mates thought the same.

It's less wild and brutal, and more pure force. In and out of the loops, you're getting properly forced into the seat.

I think it's decent, but hampered by the restraints. I was enjoying myself but as it closes down, I roll into the station going "ow, my shoulders"

Ethan

Strata Poster
Again, I'd like to agree with you and your experience but I can't on this one. Going into every element I was consciously thinking about forces and I just never felt like I was being forced into the seat. And surprisingly, I actually found the restraints to be completely fine, neither the lap bar nor the shoulder restraints lowered during my ride. Weird because being 6'1, restraints are often an issue for me.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I think it definitely feels forceful on the loops. The rest of it isn't too intense but those loops are some of the highest-G-puling out there statistically and it really hauls through them especially in the back row.