What's new

Last Cred Review

Snoo

The Legend
NEW CREDS! Stopped by SeaWorld Orlando and got a +2 from the park as I haven't been since 2010 and one of the rides was closed (JTA):

Mako was an good but not great Hyper. It didn't do anything overtly special. The airtime was there and strong but it didn't blow me away by any stretch. Solid 7.5-8/10

Journey To Atlantis exists? Yeah. It exists. 5/10

Fun Spots are next up in the coming days.

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
NEW CREDS! Stopped by SeaWorld Orlando and got a +2 from the park as I haven't been since 2010 and one of the rides was closed (JTA):

Mako was an good but not great Hyper. It didn't do anything overtly special. The airtime was there and strong but it didn't blow me away by any stretch. Solid 7.5-8/10

Journey To Atlantis exists? Yeah. It exists. 5/10

Fun Spots are next up in the coming days.
Mako or Apollo's?

Matt N

CF Legend
I have two questions for you, if you wouldn't mind answering them:
  • Where does Mako rank among your B&M hypers?
  • Mako or Manta?

jayjay

Giga Poster
Walibi Holland - Goliath: Usually, it's a coaster that looks much better than it rides. Like a more sluggish version of Expedition GeForce (which I also find a tad overrated). That said, the last ride I had, a night ride during Fright Nights, was blistering! Fast, lots of strong airtime and I didn't even mind the old Intamin restraints that much (but I'm a shortarse, so I don't get the worst of them)

Snoo

The Legend
I have two questions for you, if you wouldn't mind answering them:
  • Where does Mako rank among your B&M hypers?
  • Mako or Manta?

I'd say.. 4th or 5th? It's middle of the pack. Not bad but not good. Didn't blow me away, and I aimed very low tbh as I always try to. The airtime was around what I felt on Diamondback earlier this fall. And I'd pick Manta. Kraken is probably my favorite ride at SWO though.

Adding two more lovely coasters:

White Lightning at Fun Spot Orlando was pretty good! Not a mind blower but not bad by any stretch. I'd say 7/10 at best.

Mine Blower at Fun Spot Kissemme is BY FAR the best coaster in Florida. This ride is relentless and delicious. I loved this ride from beginning to end and it is definitely one of my favorites not only in Florida but the world. The airtime was sexy as hell and I loved giving this sweet love over and over. It has a new ranking as #10.

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh OK. Thanks for the opinion @Snoo; I must admit I was initially a little surprised that Mako is your least favourite out of SeaWorld's 3 B&M's, but didn't you once say something about not rating B&M hypers as highly as some others do because you're more into insane, ejector-based rides? Or did I imagine that?

I guess it all depends on what you're into, really! For me, on the other hand, Mako still sits as my overall number 1 coaster out of 56, and it was my personal favourite ride at SeaWorld (Mako sits at #1 in my overall ranking, whereas Kraken is #9 and Manta is #19, although I admittedly didn't rate Manta as highly as some others do.).

I would go off on a random tangent and rate all of the SeaWorld creds in this thread, but I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to, as the title of the thread is "Last Cred Review", and I haven't ridden any of SeaWorld's creds since 2016!

Snoo

The Legend
Oh OK. Thanks for the opinion @Snoo; I must admit I was initially a little surprised that Mako is your least favourite out of SeaWorld's 3 B&M's, but didn't you once say something about not rating B&M hypers as highly as some others do because you're more into insane, ejector-based rides? Or did I imagine that?

I guess it all depends on what you're into, really! For me, on the other hand, Mako still sits as my overall number 1 coaster out of 56, and it was my personal favourite ride at SeaWorld (Mako sits at #1 in my overall ranking, whereas Kraken is #9 and Manta is #19, although I admittedly didn't rate Manta as highly as some others do.).

I would go off on a random tangent and rate all of the SeaWorld creds in this thread, but I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to, as the title of the thread is "Last Cred Review", and I haven't ridden any of SeaWorld's creds since 2016!

Well to be fair, It's not that I hate the ride. I'd gladly ride it over and over. I'd say it would be somewhere in my top 50. But yes you're correct, I'm an ejector man so floater, unless it's really phenomenal, isn't my pure cup of tea. My favorite B&M Hyper is Behemoth at CW which has all of that and more.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm an ejector man so floater, unless it's really phenomenal, isn't my pure cup of tea. My favorite B&M Hyper is Behemoth at CW which has all of that and more.

Amen to that, bruv. Behemoth is awesome, the floatiest of the floaties. My favourite B&M hyper too.

Matt N

CF Legend
Well to be fair, It's not that I hate the ride. I'd gladly ride it over and over. I'd say it would be somewhere in my top 50. But yes you're correct, I'm an ejector man so floater, unless it's really phenomenal, isn't my pure cup of tea. My favorite B&M Hyper is Behemoth at CW which has all of that and more.
I guess it's all down to personal preference, really, because Mako is my personal favourite coaster in Florida as well as my number 1 overall!

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Primeval Whirl (7/10): I actually quite enjoyed my first spinning coaster! It was a bit rough around the edges, but I thought the spinning was fun and I would ride it again, but...
Flight of Passage (I know this isn't really a cred but I'm including it in here) is in the same fricking park! Who the :emoji_zipper_mouth: would ride Primeval Whirl when this technological wonder of an experience is only a 1/2 mile away! This ride is so insane, so-- I can't even think of what to say about it. There's a part of the ride where it feels like you're going upside down, it looks like you're going upside down, but you're not actually going upside down! All of the effects are fantastic, all of the motions are as incredibly fluid, and the ride is just so incredibly life-like, it truly feels like you could actually be riding a Banshee through Pandora! I can't even give it a score it's so good.

EDIT: Crap, I forgot Barnstormer!

Second worst Vekoma I've ridden (idk if it's my 2nd worst overall), there's virtually no padding! 3/10, +1.

Last edited:

Ben

CF Legend
Flight of Passage (I know this isn't really a cred but I'm including it in here) is in the same fricking park! Who the :emoji_zipper_mouth: would ride Primeval Whirl when this technological wonder of an experience is only a 1/2 mile away! This ride is so insane, so-- I can't even think of what to say about it. There's a part of the ride where it feels like you're going upside down, it looks like you're going upside down, but you're not actually going upside down! All of the effects are fantastic, all of the motions are as incredibly fluid, and the ride is just so incredibly life-like, it truly feels like you could actually be riding a Banshee through Pandora! I can't even give it a score it's so good.

I mean Flight of Passage is actually ****.

It's Soarin' with Banshees?

Oh the seat moves! Oh wow great, best ride ever.

Matt N

CF Legend
The reviews I've heard of Flight of Passage have been nothing but overwhelmingly positive, so I'm going in with very high expectations and trying to avoid spoilers where possible before I ride it for the first time in April 2019!

I'm perfectly open to surprises, but Flight of Passage is currently one of the WDW rides I am most excited about alongside Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Rollercoaster (I know RnRC might seem like a slightly strange one to get excited about, but my family who rode the one in Paris say it's really good, so I'm optimistic!).

Ben

CF Legend
What's immersive about it? The long, drawn out preshow? The fact you can see all the other people?

Literally the only thing it has over Soarin is the seat moves in and out. Oh wow.

I legitimately don't understand it. The only thing I can think of is it was so long since Disney in Florida actually built a big E Ticket that everyone just decided to bum it despite the fact it's a rehash of a ride they've had for years and years.

And people have a go at Universal for using screens and then jizz over a ride that is literally a screen.

Matt N

CF Legend
Well, I'm personally pumped for Pandora next April, and Florida as a whole! I've heard people say that Pandora and the rides within it make Universal's Harry Potter efforts look terrible by comparison, so I'm excited, as I absolutely adore Universal's two Potter areas! Admittedly, I am a huge Harry Potter fan and have never watched Avatar, so I'm unsure whether my lack of Avatar knowledge would inhibit my enjoyment of Pandora at all, but I'm still pumped!

Flight of Passage is probably my most anticipated ride of 2019, and April 2019 is likely when I will next post in this topic, with reviews of some of the WDW creds! I don't actually mind Universal using screens, so I'm excited!

Ben

CF Legend
Those people who think the Pandora rides have a patch on the Potter rides should be stopped immediately, they're a threat to others and themselves.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Those people who think the Pandora rides have a patch on the Potter rides should be stopped immediately, they're a threat to others and themselves.

I think the Pandora ride is better than any Potter ride and yes I’m a threat to myself but not others. That boat ride is trash though hopefully everyone agrees on that