What's new

Krake - B&M dive machine for Heide Park

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well I know this has been discussed in the Gardaland topic and the B&M launch topic but I think it should have a topic of it's own. Even though it's still a rumour it sounds pretty likely.

Why all the changes around the park in 2010? Popular rumors claim that a massive new coaster is set to arrive later this year for the 2011 season. The usual suspects are being talked about, though a B&M Dive Machine is a favored rumor at the moment.
http://screamscape.com/html/heide-park.htm

http://trips-n-pics.com/?id=02

And construction fences and banners have gone up in the park about a new 2011 attraction as well as pictures of the new additions for this season:
http://onride.de/viewtopic.php?t=55720& ... &start=150

One of the teaser banners says something like "you want to dive into another world? Then come back in 2011"

You can also see construction on the parks new splash battle which is nicely themed as well as what appears to be Corkscrews trains on Big Loop.

A B&M Dive Machine would be a fantastic addition to the park and would give the park a pretty solid line-up! I was supposed to go to the park just over a week ago but was unable to, but I will definitely go there next year.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Some German bloke on the onride forums said:
Dive Mashine by Sea Life?

Oh please let that be true... Whoever said that the Germans don't have a sense of humour :lol:

Sounds good if true... Really need to go there sooner rather than later... A Dive Machine would be a very good tempter...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Good to see Corky's trains with a new lease of life! Must try and make the effort to get to this place next year, seems fab as it is, let alone getting a Dive Machine!

Kebab

Giga Poster
It'll be nice to see another Dive Machine for Europe; even if it'll be a SheiKra clone, it's something the whole continent is in need of. Other than that, it could may well be a Euro-Fighter... :?

andrus

Giga Poster
^^But wasn't Merlin suposed to have bought three B&Ms altogether? One for Gardaland, one for Thorpe (in 2012) and one for Heide? I'm pretty sure that's the case (or at least the current rumors).

Anyway, a guy over at onride.de took the time to copy and paste the footprints of SheiKra and Oblivion next to the supposed coaster location at Heide (the old dolphinarium where they've also drained a bit of the lake and put up the "2011 coaster" signs).

Unfortunately the footprint of SheiKra is twice the size of the supposed area for the new coaster meanwhile Oblivions footprint takes up roughly the same space as that area. If they clear up some of the footpaths in the surrounding areas and use the lake for the splashdown area they might could force in a SheiKra clone. Otherwise they'll have to use a more compact custom layout, or they could go with an Oblivion clone (hope not though).

Kebab

Giga Poster
I only suggested it could possibly be a Euro-Fighter because of the GP's knowledge of rollercoasters. The majority of the GP wouldn't know Oblivion is the worlds first "B&M Dive Machine", to them B&M means hardly anything, what they do know is that Oblivion is the worlds first "vertical drop rollercoaster".

What I'm trying to say is Heide Park would be aiming towards the GP over us enthusiasts, so if they mention the word "dive" to promote the new ride, it wouldn't instantly mean "Dive Machine". Today, the element of "diving" is used in quite a few rollercoaster designs, and with Thorpe's recent installment of Saw, when we were all hoping for a Dive Machine, became a Euro-Fighter.

But that's Thorpe, this is Heide Park, we should be aiming for a lot bigger here. Just don't keep your hopes too high, avoid disappointment! :)

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I feel like an Oblivion clone would be difficult to do with all the landscaping involved. As simple as it is, Oblivion's a pretty unique ride.

Possibly we'll see an all-new design?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Maybe we'll see the fruitation of these plans. I think they emerged during SheiKra's planning.

Divemachine3.jpg

Divemachine1.jpg

It's just Oblivion without the landscaping issues and a water-brake. =) I think a dive machine really needs that corner before the drop though.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^You're aware those aren't plans, but patent drawings, right?

I wasn't actually!

Is the the patent for the splash?

I always thought it was a possible layout idea for parks. Ah well, learn something new. etc.
------

And UC, I hope you're ok, you seem awfully angry and sarcastic today. Yunno, more than usual.

andrus

Giga Poster
Kebab said:
I only suggested it could possibly be a Euro-Fighter because of the GP's knowledge of rollercoasters. The majority of the GP wouldn't know Oblivion is the worlds first "B&M Dive Machine", to them B&M means hardly anything, what they do know is that Oblivion is the worlds first "vertical drop rollercoaster".

But that's Thorpe, this is Heide Park, we should be aiming for a lot bigger here. Just don't keep your hopes too high, avoid disappointment! :)

I was referring to that it "has to be" a dive machine since Heide (from what I read) is supposed to get a B&M. I almost **** my pants though when you wrote eurofighter :p Since Heides last (coaster) addition Desert Race just simply was a clone from another Merlin park (Rita/Alton) this could be (although highly unlikely) a clone of SAW just with other theming.. And I'm already too excited so it'll be hard to keep my hopes down :wink: Heide is after all the closest big park I have!!

madhjsp said:
I feel like an Oblivion clone would be difficult to do with all the landscaping involved. As simple as it is, Oblivion's a pretty unique ride.

Possibly we'll see an all-new design?
Well they don't necessarily need to dig a big hole to make an Oblivion clone. They could just do as with Dive Machine G5 in Taiwan and put it above ground!

Regarding that Heide wouldn't go with a simple solution like eg a SheiKra/Oblivion clone: three of the parks four major coasters are clones. (Desert Race-Rita, Limit-standard SLC, Big Loop-standard Vekoma looper).

marc

CF Legend
Well if it is to be believed they were meant to get a Eurofighter that was going to dive into a hole in the lake, but the problems with Saw happened and it was cancelled.

A Dive Machine to take its place would make a lot of sense and it's the better option.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Well they don't necessarily need to dig a big hole to make an Oblivion clone. They could just do as with Dive Machine G5 in Taiwan and put it above ground!

Oops, I completely forgot about that.

nealbie

CF Legend
UC said:
Given Heide Park's size, and the design of other roller coasters in it, I doubt they'd go for something so simple. Let's use a little common sense in our wildly rampant speculation

What do you mean my friend from across the pond?

An SLC, a loopscrew, an out-and-back airtime machine, a cloned launched coaster? The only one I can see with originality is the Bobsled ;)