What's new

Krake - B&M dive machine for Heide Park

andrus

Giga Poster
Screamscape said:
A picture link sent in by a reader shows off an assortment of brown B&M coaster parts (supports, track, etc) sitting on site at Heide Park.
That's the source of NI's picture. So the track is definitely for Heide Park and not Garda Land.

Casio

Mega Poster
A launch doesn't need that it will be fast like Desert Race, maybe more like a Launch Lift just like BSG, Maverick, Hulk, etc...

Yeah, you're right, I don't think B&M will stoop to making the launch the centre piece of a ride. (And sorry i couldn't work out how to put your name in the quote, I'm still pretty new to the forums :D)

And wasn't there talk of an aquatrax about 5 years ago? I'm hoping you were joking, but maybe...

Jools

Giga Poster
Anyone else expecting Heides next major coaster to be a flyer or is that just me, although most probably not an Oblivion clone, they seem to be working up on the similarities, let's just take in mind it's a dive machine, and Desert Race. :lol: Not that it would be a bad thing, there aren't enough B&Ms in Europe!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Wasn't Heide Park supposed to get another of whatever is being built at Gardaland, or am I just crazy?

Martyn B

CF Legend
The first thing I thought of when saw them 2 bits of curved track was the entering/exiting of a dual loading station.

Aren't fliers the only B&M's with dual loading....?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^I don't believe there is any other type that has a duel loading station, I don't see why other coaster types can't have it. The reason is probably because of the length it takes to load a flyer compared to another type. If they are for duel loading, maybe these trains will take longer to load?

Nic

Strata Poster
Well, as someone who doesn't really keep all that up to date with park rumours, this is a lovely surprise. A new B&M, in Europe, at a park on my "to visit" list? Yes please! :)

Has anyone considered that the word "dive" on the teaser posters could just refer to a watery theme rather than the actual action of descending at speed?

That said, I'm thinking DM with smaller trains? Although, if a flyer is a possibility from that track (I'm not that much of a goon) it's not too much of a stretch of the imagination to think they could end up with some kind of mini-Manta? An Air clone with water theming and splashes and stuff like Manta's?

I don't really want a flyer though because the seating position makes me feel sick these days. That said, if it had a prezel loop, it'd be worth it. But yes, a DM through a hole in the lake, please :D

Gazza

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
The first thing I thought of when saw them 2 bits of curved track was the entering/exiting of a dual loading station.

Aren't fliers the only B&M's with dual loading....?
Hollywood Dream at USJ has a dual station, and that's a hyper.

Gazza

Giga Poster
^I don't think it points to anything really....Remember all B&Ms pretty much use the same track, so I'd imagine any of their coaster types could be fitted with dual stations if a customer requested it.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Agreed.

As enthusiasts maybe it's not the most exciting addition, especially since all of them since Sheikra have been basically the same thing. However, the vast majority of Heide's customer base would not have ridden one before; it's a solid addition to the coaster line up they already have.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Their uniqueness is dead? There's six in the world: one is in England, two are in the U.S., and three are in Asia. Out of all of Heide Park's customers, I'm sure only a small handful have heard of Oblivion. For almost everybody, it would be a completely new and unique experience.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
And this is the GP we are talking about here too. They can't tell the difference between a Mack Spinner and Maurer Sohne Spinner. What Losers!

andrus

Giga Poster
Jools said:
Anyone else expecting Heides next major coaster to be a flyer
I thought of this to. Earlier before any track was spotted I was certain that it was going to be a DM. But now I do believe more in a flyer. Both will be great additions to the park though since there are no "real" flyers or DM's in europe (sry AIR and Oblivion).

Hyper, looper/floorless or invert would make no sense since the park already have Colossos, Big Loop and Limit. The only other possibility to me than a DM/flyer would be if it's another version of the new prototype built at gardaland, or maybe B&M's rumored launch coaster...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
An idea for the fins:

It's a bit tricky to explain, so bear with me. B&M has pretty much a long skinny 'block' under each car that doubles as a brake fin and a pad for tire drives. Could they be mounting magnets to the sides of this 'block', which would pass inbetween the fins, or would that not work?

Dave

CF Legend
p22246.jpg

Those are the magnets, they are only used to slow the train down. They can't stop the train, which is why the magnet brake run is angled.

A

Anonymous

^^ That wouldn't be a good idea since the friction brakes work on the same surface, as the wheels are running on at the current design. and adding magnets to it will make it harder to design a brake system that will last.

I still think it would be a LSM system integrated in the ride.