What's new

Krake - B&M dive machine for Heide Park

LOL in your face splash deniers.

I think a lot of the people who said "No, no, it cant be a splash, it wont work, it will be simulated etc etc" were just saying it because they didn't like the idea of there being one at the start of the ride, and wishing it not to be true, rather than just looking at was actually built and accepting it.

Gazza said:
LOL in your face splash deniers.

I think a lot of the people who said "No, no, it cant be a splash, it wont work, it will be simulated etc etc" were just saying it because they didn't like the idea of there being one at the start of the ride, and wishing it not to be true, rather than just looking at was actually built and accepting it.

*looks at UC*

Yeah, we said this soon as the picture as posted of the train at the top of page 30 lol. Funny really..

I didn't realise they can turn the Holding Break off to be honest, you learn something new every day!

^Well all it is is like a reverse chain-lift. Instead it just lowers you over. Once the clutch releases you the train just falls as normal. All they'd have to do would be disable the clutch. I would've thought it wasn't surprising. ;)

^ Shush you.

Nah, just joking, thanks for that, to be honest, I knew it worked with the chain and what not, but I could never get into my head how it actually "Let's go". Ha. I know I'm stupid, but I don't really care! lol!

tks said:
And do we know if they originally had trims to simulate the effect of the water breaking?

No, they did not.

The trims are not there to simulate the water splash, but are there as a permanent feature of the ride. You see this with Jurassic River Adventure at Universal Studios Hollywood (I don't know about Orlando), the grande finale splash has trims on it as well to slow boats down, as there simply is not enough room to let them naturally brake via water.

In Krake's case, they are most likely fearful that the train will be going too fast for the immelmann, so they added the trims as precaution to slow the train down. Dumb, I know, but it lets them build the drop higher.

The braking force that the water splash have on the car have a more integral part of this ride compared to other B&M coasters with water splash. Since on all the other ones the splash happens at the end with either just a small hill or a helix before the final brake run. Krake however have a lot more stuff before the final brake, like an Immelmann, and not having the trims there would mean that the train will overspeed without the braking force from the water scoops, which in turn will change the forces the train/riders are put under when it goes faster than design in these more critical elements...

The trims are not there to simulate the water splash, but are there as a permanent feature of the ride

So its going to have the trims, and the water splash slowing it down? Thats going to feel awful after such an exhilirating drop.

^I think the trims are going to be used in the same way that they are on all their other coasters, if the train is overspeeding, they'll trim it.

They might not kick in on every run. Or at least I hope not.

They're going to have to theme this thing really well to make up for it otherwise! :p

preview_parkplan_.jpg

From the new park map, gives an idea of the intended theming.

And a view from the lift hill

188939_10150110434141629_120907856628_6254670_7105140_n.jpg

Hyde244 said:
You see this with Jurassic River Adventure at Universal Studios Hollywood (I don't know about Orlando), the grande finale splash has trims on it as well to slow boats down, as there simply is not enough room to let them naturally brake via water.

AFAIK, all of those ride styles have magnetic brakes submerged under water....

There's been a new photo released, just of the trains in the station, it's nothing new really, but here it goes:

197129_10150115300241629_120907856628_6290900_3508164_n.jpg

Also, they've released some of the Merchandise for the ride:

198285_10150112896036629_120907856628_6274875_4353175_n.jpg

The Keyring & Mug <3