What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Re: Kings Island 2014 Roller Coaster

Intriguing proposal and layout.

The thing to always bear in mind is the topography of Kings Island's rolling hills. Remember: Diamondback traversed only one ravine w/ tree removal, and still cost $22 million.

As much as it would be a brilliant addition to the park, it seems oddly reminiscent of Leviathan's layout:

Leviathan%2BLayout%2B1.jpg

^ That's because it is. :wink:

I really want a woodie here, but it won't happen for 2 reasons:
1. Son of Beast! It failed! I just don't think Cedar Fair is going to get rid of the tallest wooden just to put a bigger one in it's place. They don't want the lawsuits and to take the chance. I would love an Intamin Pre-Fab or RMC here, but Cedar Fair won't go for it.
2. Beast. It is my favorite wooden so I don't see why to put in a new one. Also Cedar Fair only likes GCI so... Yeah.

I don't see an invert here because it wouldn't bring the crowds. Inverts are old now. It also wouldn't help the skyline which is something needs.

Giga is what I see here. B&M or Intamin. After the success of Leviathan, I see a B&M Giga here. I would also love a mix of Millennium Force and Intimidator 305.

I hope a B&M Giga because I would love to ride Leviathan without having to go ALL the way to Canada

And you can never go wrong with a B&M invert. :wink:

First footers has already appeared! - I hope this means that it's a big coaster!

399774_522490461146927_1633863599_n.jpg

I know what I want it to be <3

643921_10151282769978566_1002297297_n.jpg

I had the opportunity to visit Kings Island for Opening Day today, and have been sure to bring back photos of CF's latest, favorite footer siting.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

If this photo shows anything, its that we could be seeing a very sizeable coaster being installed.

920989_522453837817256_1410900968_o.jpg

I also enjoy the teaser poster they have put up. Could this be Beast related?

Re: Kings Island 2014 Roller Coaster - FOOTER PHOTOS ON 8

I really hope not. :lol:

Son of Beast was already a play on Beast. Surely there are other evil phenomena available. What about digging up the forsaken Banshee name from Cedar Point? :wink:

Re: RE: Kings Island 2014 Roller Coaster - FOOTER PHOTOS ON

Wow that's a massive area cleared. Hopefully more hints are given as time goes on and I really hope it's not beast related.

Unless it's called Beast Slayer or course. ;)

Well this is exciting! My guess is another B&M. Maybe it's KI's turn for a winged coaster? Lets just hope they don't do what they did with WindSeeker and build 50 of them...

But, I have to agree with Matt, why not bring up the old Banshee theories from back in the day. :p

I hope it is a B&M. It is really the only thing that roars ;-)

I forgot about the forsaken name tbh. What about something akin to a Swarm type storyline?

Looks like this thing has the potential to be MASSIVE. I will definitely keep my eye on this. Here's to it not being a giant dissapointment

Hi Justin, glad you're not dead :p

Let's hope for awesome.

I actually think that a new dive machine model would be cool. I would like it to be a bit longer than the current ones though. If not that then i would like to see a really big B&M invert and that is probably more likely.

I putting my money on a wingrider... Watch it turn out to be a giga now though.

I doubt that KI would build a wingrider, especially since there's a brand new one not too far away.

I'd like to see a big B&M Invert, but I also wouldn't mind any sort of terrain coaster.

^ They can still get a wing coaster. Cedar Point getting one doesnt matter in any entirity. Checking the size of the land, it could be an Invert or even a Wild Eagle type wing coaster.

Edit: Just realized that wasnt flat land there. My bad.

If they're already placing footers, and it doesn't come out till next year, then that probably means its gonna be a big ride! I think a giga is almost even confirmed at this point! Huge land, footers, the signs are everywhere! Literally! I think the question at this point, isn't what type of coaster is it. I think the real question is, what will it be called? It has to do with monstrous screams and wolf packs. I'm thinking an animal like the wolf things in the Hobbit. What are they called? Wargs? I dunno. Maybe it'll just be called 'Werewolf' or something like that.