What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Re: Kings Island 2014 Roller Coaster

I would like to point out that engineers iterate - they constantly update and change and improve their designs. The footers in the center of this turn could all be connected:

1uq3b03d8mc4fv08on000h.jpg

The footers in the center of the helix could very easily be connected:

gtlc5akg2po00013r03d8m.jpg

Daemon's footers for the helix could be centralized:

kecqhco258g4sh00029606.jpg

Same with Manta's helix:

fbjabdc85t0002am06qhcq.jpg

You can clearly see that Phaethon, Scream!, Raging Bull, SheiKra, and Diving Coaster all have shared footers as well:

n9jg1mkb6hh0s1tfo008j1.jpg

kcnqhcq81t847j0002c606.jpg

9sa45o0049eo0ra5j00eog.jpg

564004hc0dl2pg6340aco0.jpg

ltu3d8md4rn4440g00h4r0.jpg

Ok, these aren't all triangular footers, but most of these rides I've posted could easily have a triangular footer. It's possible that sometime within the past few years, B&M gathered some new data on footer strength and discovered that even though it'll cost a tad more in cement and rebar, the footer strength is greatly increased. It's possible that those triangular footers could be for curving drops or climbs, helices, overbanked turns...actually any type of turn, even some inversions could be placed there.

Just like everything else, this is just speculation.

I think this will be built by cranes and people. Speculating though.

Hey, new here

I have a source, unknown reliability and ex KI employee, who says that if I go to the city of Mason's public records office I will find all the information on the new construction, including layout, height specifics, etc.. again, I have not confirmed it as of yet

^ Not necessarily. Ride specs can be considered "trade secret", as they are designs that give insight to yet-to-be-announced products for Cedar Fair, making them confidential information. Such information would be withheld from public record.

For instance, with Dorney Park, we were able to learn that the height limit of building had been raised, but were not able to discover any roller coaster descriptions from the permit records. The addition of VooDoo (Now Possessed) was a trade secret that, by law, did not have publicly available information.

Considering the amount of space Kings Island has, I don't think that they're going to focus on a compact coaster.

If they plan to expand beyond where the coaster sits, they could consider it.

Look at Nitro's lift supports. They converge into one large footer too. This could mean that there's a possiblity of a B&M Giga using this same method of supporting on the lift. Maybe that's what that large triangle footer is for on the KI site. Just a guess.
wwwwww.jpg

B&M have stopped building their lift supports that way.
It was common for them in the 90's and early 2000's, but not anymore.

Aren't footers some of the most expensive parts of a coaster to build? I think it would make a lot more sense to share footers where possible to really cut down on costs, like in the pictures posted earlier.

^ Footers are still just ground up rock paste poured into the ground. It is the manufacturing and transportation of massive steel track that carries the cost of a ride budget.

Well, obviously not the concrete itself, but more the process of constructing them to keep all that steel track in place. :p But it makes sense that the track would cost more than anything else.

Nick P said:
Look at Nitro's lift supports. They converge into one large footer too. This could mean that there's a possiblity of a B&M Giga using this same method of supporting on the lift. Maybe that's what that large triangle footer is for on the KI site. Just a guess.
wwwwww.jpg
I stared at this picturefor about 1 minute, looking for Batman's lift hill.

Bastille said:
Aren't footers some of the most expensive parts of a coaster to build? I think it would make a lot more sense to share footers where possible to really cut down on costs, like in the pictures posted earlier.

Yes, they are the most expensive aspect.

Tri-footers were used on Intimidator as well, along with those rectangle footers. I'm really starting to think this will be a Giga. That's just me though.

2s63974.png

33zbpug.png

EDIT: I also cant find triangle footers being used on an invert anywhere. Anyone else seen them?

That's going to be one mean Premier. :wink:

Well, that's a bit of a hint. As long as WI stands for Wing Coasters, (which isn't that what all pieces of track have read for wing riders?) there is your answer.

I think we may be looking at the first 4D B&M though, mainly because I want a B&M 4D.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKXcCFov1x0[/youtube]
If you look at the track at around 2:30 here you can see that it has the same job number as in that pic written on it so I think that the tweet was just to throw people off, and that track piece is actually for Heide Park.

They were tweeting the serial number of said piece, which is specific per piece. Plus, that track was green....not white...

Tom brings up a good point. We've been hearing this rumored 4D from B&M for a while now. This could possibly be the prototype.