Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
They're red. so they have to be Intamin! :p

The thing is Erol, nobody has seen these style tracks before, so they haven't been shown by anybody at IAAPA. So not being shown doesn't prove or disprove anything :)

However, there have been reports that Intamin have improved their track for Mega/Mega-Lite and have moved away from quad track to a cheaper, stronger design...

2+2 looks like 4 here... ;)

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Doesn't one of the coasters being built at Ferrari park have two spines? Who's building that one? I assume that they are different manufacturers with the same idea. Cheaper it may be, but I don't think it's as attractive as quad rail, which is a shame.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I really hope it isn't new Intamin track as Intamin track at the moment looks fantastic and I don't think that looks as good.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Inverse said:
Doesn't one of the coasters being built at Ferrari park have two spines? Who's building that one? I assume that they are different manufacturers with the same idea. Cheaper it may be, but I don't think it's as attractive as quad rail, which is a shame.

The Ferrari coaster is Intamin too - hence the conviction it's Intamin this time.

Brookes said:
I really hope it isn't new Intamin track as Intamin track at the moment looks fantastic and I don't think that looks as good.

QUICK! Stop production! We don't care if it's better, stronger, cheaper and allows for a better coaster to be built! AN ENTHUSIAST SOMEWHERE DOESN'T LIKE HOW IT LOOKS!!!

;)

Jools

Giga Poster
I thought the track was Maurer Sohne at the Ferrari Park, but who knows, I don't know why, something is telling me it's Vekoma, but it's more likely to be Intamin with the evidence given.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hey

I believe First Drop has confirmed the Ferrari Coaster is an Intamin design and has the layout in the new issue (I'm yet to see it).

I think its safe to assume it is indeed an Intamin at KD.

However i wonder what sort it is :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
furie said:
Inverse said:

The Ferrari coaster is Intamin too - hence the conviction it's Intamin this time.

Brookes said:

QUICK! Stop production! We don't care if it's better, stronger, cheaper and allows for a better coaster to be built! AN ENTHUSIAST SOMEWHERE DOESN'T LIKE HOW IT LOOKS!!!

;)

I do sincerely apologise for having an opinion, I'll remember to not say anything next time. :roll:

Ben

CF Legend
What that park needs is to be bulldozed, with Dominator and Drop Zone taken to a park that deserves them.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
At first, I thought the track looked quite ugly, but this was before I saw the picture that Loefet posted. Now, I think the track looks pretty neat. I'm now wondering just how big this coaster really is going to be.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
KD is a very nice park, in my opinion. Volcano and Avalanche were my two favorites, although I haven't been there since Dominator came along. Drop Zone is a fantastic flat as well. This will be a pretty good addition, I would expect... that track makes me expect big things.. and it seems like something odd from the normal Cedar Fair additions... all a big mystery now.

(also hope Carowinds gets the same things!)

A

Anonymous

W00t another Giga coaster going up, hopefully this means that the Giga rumored for Heide Park might be a step closer if everything goes well with this one...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hooray!

Intamin + new concept (OK, just new track, but whatever) + Gigacoaster...

*drool*

And loefet, here's hoping as well!
I'm just surprised that KD had the ceiling, money and neighbours to get this through. How large it will be will hopefully be clear soon. Length record breaker? New chainlift height record? New trains? Onboard audio? And colours?
This will be exciting...

Status
Not open for further replies.