What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I was just thinking that it was a fairly large Intamin coaster that opened in the last 12-14 months.

I didn't think it was anything but a non-launched SpeedMonster, myself.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Thinking about this further, with the construction of Diamondback (and other B&M coasters), Screamscape always receives a photo report from the manufacturing plant here in Ohio.

With this coaster, there have been no reports from that plant.

Therefore, I'd put more money on this not being a B&M.

wash

Mega Poster
I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about this until now, but it looks like it should be pretty interesting to follow. Seems a little soon for KD to being adding another big ride though.
This may be a little bit premature, but I'm gonna go ahead and say this is going to be the best coaster ever (Well, it was only a matter of time until someone else did...)

A

Anonymous

yeah it is too soon. didn't KD just get Dominator? And if this a hyper it may just put Apollo's Chariot to shame.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Here's an up-close video of the supports.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLOhLKCxFWE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
So they've removed all the track they laid out? Why? Because the track for Carowinds new coaster was delivered to the wrong park? This is some strange
icon_censored.gif
Well at least we know Cedar Fair is going to be building a new coaster for 2010 at some point somewhere. :lol:

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Ah! Here it is.

I was looking for something that said 2010, and I guess that's what threw the search off.

Theory: Intamin hyper, NASCAR themed and named Intimidator?

Of course, if it's got a NASCAR theme, it can only make left turns.
:wink:

vermilionguy

Roller Poster
Cedar Fair had it delivered to the wrong park? Then KD just had a crew of guys with a crane looking for something to do say, "**** it, unload now ask questions later." Even the retard receptionist at my office checks a packing slip before she accepts anything. There has to be a better reason. Maybe they put the shipment there because the area where they wanted to put it was not ready yet.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Exactly.

They need to put the track and supports somewhere, and their ideal location was not available yet.

Maverick's track was first deposited by the Breakers Express hotel outside of the park, but was then relocated on site once there was room enough for the track.

Snoo

The Legend
^But, it was to the right park.

To be honest.. I don't think it was delivered to the wrong park. It would seem both parks are getting a coaster..

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Of course it wasn't. These are multi-million dollar coasters, not backyard science experiments. Of course they are being delivered to the right parks. :razz:

It is good to see these Paramount Parks receiving the coaster love they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.