What's new

Holiday World | Thunderbird | Launched B&M Wing Coaster

Re: Bye-Bye Giraffica aka Pilgrims Plunge

Todays clue though boggles me. It states "10 times 4 days" as today is the 40th clue; however, a friend of mine thinks it could refer to the trains. I dont think it would be possible as it either means a 10 car long train with 4 across seating (doubtful), or 10 trains that house 4 across seating (which would be a wild mouse of the largest size imagineable). So yeah, Im at a loss for todays clue as it clearly wont be either of those, but it could allude to maybe a Dive Machine with 4 cars per train at 10 seats across (which B&M offers).

As for my theories, they have stuck pretty much the same throughout, but seem a bit more outrageous as I still have a feeling that they could still tap into Intamin if they recieved a deal with Plunge (as it was a prototype). If we refer to Jarrets posted clue, then it could easily be a Wing Coaster as Skyrushs zero car looks far more plow like than anything I know (beyond B&M), plus they have the seagull from earlier on (which lends some credit to this theory), plus the barrels posted (which is a stretch at this point, but Furius Baco is a barrel themed train?). I doubt it will be Intamin, but the idea still sits with me for reasons I honestly just dont understand myself.

While Ive kept B&M out of the equation so far, todays clue has made me think of a Dive Machine of new layout design. I am still holding onto the first clue ever presented: the text message screenshot. I still think the ride will come from overseas from that alone (totes, which coukd refer to a shipping container).

A mack launcher sounds very plausible as well for this, and while this sounds more logical to me, it still sits behind my intamin theory.

I honestly just dont know which way to go with this, as reading anywhere Paula responds at (Raven Maven for those not in the know), she will drop hints if the site is getting closer, or add in deliberate bs just to stir the pot some more (which she admitted to doing).

Worlds Tallest Dive Machine anyone? :)
In reality a Mack launcher, Intamin Skyrush-esqe coaster, and the drive machine all sound plausible. I personally have no problem with any of them because I want to ride Skyrush and a Mack launcher and I love the dive machines.

2012Jarrett said:
And this:

211A.gif

totally looks like this:

5b94416c288c07f8-helix_121009_train_vit_35.jpg

(Okay, not TOTALLY, but you can draw some resemblence. :p)

Is it just me that can't see an ounce of resemblance? I think you're clutching at straws...

^I feel like if you extrapolated the Mack train past the point where it had been cut off, you woul get a pointed, plow-shaped nose. It is a tad farfetched, but if it's not hinting at a Mack train, then it's probably discussing a themed train.

Edit: Also wanted to throw this out, if they got a Mack they wouldn't necessarily need to theme the trains. They offer the lightning print on Storm and Alpina Blitz, perfect for a coaster with this theme.

There's little to no clues of this being a Mack launch coaster, there's a much higher chance of it being RMC than there is of a Mack launch coaster.

Ive been reading around and I guess what footers CAN be seen from Hyena Falls are a rough 6-10ft wide.

A friend of mine is thinking the clues are sounding more of a B&M in nature than anything else.

Fun tidbit: Paula has confirmed that the most recent posts involving Children were directed towards Enthusiasts :p

There is so much straw clutching in the past page it's laughable.

Calling enthusiast children? Great analogy though.

Togo tilt coaster totally.

^And it would be painted Molly orange.

My thinkin here is that it has a pre-launch portion, multiple launches, inversions, and a dark ride portion. What else that isn't Mack would do that? The plow and barrel comments just add some support to this claim.

Intricks said:
Todays clue though boggles me. It states "10 times 4 days" as today is the 40th clue; however, a friend of mine thinks it could refer to the trains. I dont think it would be possible as it either means a 10 car long train with 4 across seating (doubtful), or 10 trains that house 4 across seating (which would be a wild mouse of the largest size imagineable).
Two trains with five cars per train and four riders per car like (almost) every Mack Mega Coaster out there?

Lofty said:
^ Zierer? Intamin?
I don't think they'll ever work with Intamin again after Giraffica, and while I like the Zierer idea (I'd love for it to be another VD coaster and it very well could be) Verbolten was $54 million and I think the product is aimed more at families. The VD coaster uses their elevated seating hardware, which was designed for high-end family coasters, not white-knuckle thrill rides with inversions.

BBH said:
Intricks said:
Todays clue though boggles me. It states "10 times 4 days" as today is the 40th clue; however, a friend of mine thinks it could refer to the trains. I dont think it would be possible as it either means a 10 car long train with 4 across seating (doubtful), or 10 trains that house 4 across seating (which would be a wild mouse of the largest size imagineable).
Two trains with five cars per train and four riders per car like (almost) every Mack Mega Coaster out there?
Love your thinking with this! Hoping you're right about it!

Today's clue states that the children have to stay below deck. Based on recent entries, it sounds like you're coming out of an MCBR and diving into an underground tunnel, and there's a trench dug somewhere on site, which would potentially line up with this clue.

I don't think we can expect an RMC for a few reasons. First, there are pictures of footers being poured and I read that RMC uses prefab footers that they just plop into the ground and the ones on site don't look like RMC (or even any kind of wooden coaster) footers. I stated that I don't think Zierer's elevated seating coasters can do inversions (and the repeated nature of "times we cannot stay upright" practically seals the deal that this has inversions). A lot of people are wanting a B&M but I feel like Holiday World feels a tad small to get one and none of their products match these clues very well. This narrows it down to pretty much a Mack LSM and a Gersrlauer Infinity, and considering the problems The Smiler had, a park that just had to rip out a flagship ride because it was such a pain in the neck to maintain probably won't take any chances.

I had thought to put that, but it doesnt fit with the wording of the journal entry.

In other news, I am clearly not going to look it up, but at one point didnt we have a compiled list of what B&M used as their shorthand list for their products?

Im only asking because folks have reported that the footers are similar to Banshees (almond shaped with 6 or so bolts sticking around it), and yellow B&M track has been seen at the Plant with the code "LC", which, to my knowledge, has yet to be used before.

I honestly dont want to jump to a conclusion, so I shall kindly wait before posting again.

Looking at Jarretts idea in more depth I now think it could be a gerstauler but thinking they are rough and maintenance of The Smiler isn't all that. Thinking more of a mega coaster could be a mix of blue fire as helix together.

Intricks can you tell what kind of coaster matches the design of track?

Edit: The track was confirmed as part of a flying coaster which unless Carowinds is getting a flyer this could be our coaster at holiday world!

I was doing some searching and found out that there are 5 different colored tracks chilling at the B&M Plant in Batavia currently. White, Yellow, Orange, Blue and Teal.

White is mostly decided to be one of the European Dive Coaster, with the yellow for the wanda flyer (so that means LC = Laying Coaster. I swear we had this all meshed out somewhere on here). So that leaves the Teal, Orange/Red and Blue unaccounted for. Some speculate that the Teal could possibly be for Carowinds, but thats just speculation currently.

Also, a bit off topic for this, but what the hell is up with the orange/red track piece circled?

14510040625_d483b5a1f4_c.jpg

P.s. This was all grabbed from TPR as most other pages directed back to their forum.

Edit: Actually, has B&M ever used the ties seen on that orange track before?

I must admit, I think it's still far too early for a 4D coaster from B&M, and as far as I am concerned I doubt Holiday World would have the money for a 4D coaster. I would expect Six Flags, Cedar Fair or at a push Merlin, to build the first 4D coaster.

If I had to place a wild bet on what the new styled orange track is, would be the first B&M launched coaster. It's been rumoured for some time, and I swear I remember them saying they were at the stage where they'd be able to build it. I could see that fitting in well at Holiday World.

Though then again, it's just as likely they've redesigned the track for Carowinds giga.

Just thought I'd throw this out, but this is what we think each of the four? coasters being fabricated are:

White- European Dive Machine (Eftling/Gardaland)
Yellow- Flyer of Sorts for China
Orange- Unknown
Teal- Unknown

Projects without Track:
Carowinds Giga (Fury 325?)
European Dive Machine (Other Gardaland/Eftling)

I honestly don't think it'll be a B&M, at least none of the ones outside the factory right now, for a few reasons. First off, I think the teal track is going to Carowinds. If they want to give their entrance the GateKeeper treatment, they could do pretty much the same thing with the keyholes and have the train speed hill through the eyes of the keyholes at blazing speeds, have it perform a gargantuan hammerhead turn over the entrance midway, and dive back down under the bridge, and it would look extremely similar to GateKeeper's keyholes into dive loop, color and all. I think the orange track is definitely for the other Eftling/Gardaland dive coaster and that funky piece is probably for the drop. It'll probably attach to a spine that extends to the ground a la Leviathan and that's probably just a piece on the separation from the spine.

Second off is cost. The Voyage was 8.5 million, Mammoth was 9 million. Looking at Oziris, which I believe to be a pretty low end B&M, cost 16 million when run through Google's currency converter. As much as I'd like it to be a B&M, I don't think it's happening.

However, I was just in RCT3 building a coaster for the New England section of my Great American Road Trip park and I ended up making a pretty awesome Morgan Hyper GTX. Looking at the numerous Lightning Run pictures I used for reference to get the supports right, I noticed some similarities. Similar footers, the way the train runs the course could easily be described as a ship on choppy seas. And the plow clue?

thumb_001_201.jpg

A big, awesome, terrain GTX would be great and it's definitely in price range and the footers on the paper could easily be for an element like Lightning Run's overbanks, but there are a few doubts I have. First off, Lightning Run is a stone's throw away. The Voyage has easily enough airtime and twistiness to be seen as a competitor. Second is the story. It seems that the ride starts out calm, gets intense, hits some kind of break, and gets intense again and hits an MCBR. I don't see how you would split the type of ride on a GTX up into something like that without slowing it down, doing a dark ride portion, and having it hit another lift hill, which sounds pretty out of the question.

No new clue today as of this post but I missed the two pictures from yesterday because I viewed it on my phone. They look like just sketched woodgrain but I did notice something that looks like a tubular steel support on the right side of one of them.