What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

D1993

Hyper Poster
Re: "Skyrush" - Intamin Hyper - Hersheypark

I'm really hoping for vertical construction soon and footers being placed more. The combination will look great. About the OSTR's, I dont really think its going to matter whether or not its lap bar or otsr. IMO, its not really going to effect the ride experience. To have the restraints though that I305 has now on this, would be silly. Very few intamins actually need that and I think people are way to sissy and complaining when it comes to those restraints. Ive never had a problem with it, even on maverick, storm runner etc
I305 though is better with the straps, but I think skyrush will just get the standard restraints.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

We've seen Intamin change restraints from what is seen in renders on more than one occasion. I wouldn't place a lot of stock on what is seen in that video.

Ethan

Strata Poster

They should swap the restraints on Rita. :( That hurts too

Josh73

Giga Poster

D1993 said:
I'm really hoping for vertical construction soon and footers being placed more. The combination will look great. About the OSTR's, I dont really think its going to matter whether or not its lap bar or otsr.

Yeah, the lap bar is not going to happen.

Your right, the combination will look great. Alot of people don't ike the blue or the yellow, but I love both. It's very... different.

Intricks said:
A group of people were involved with a meet and greet with those behind the Project 2012 game. They said that Skyrush will have the same restraints as I305, but with a wee bit more slack.

Intricks said:
It is the answer. Hersheys Park Manager even said thats the restraints to be used.

Intricks said all this back on page 14. I wonder where he got that information.

Thom25 said:
I am sure the Q&A video that Hershey is suppose to release Monday or Tuesday of this upcoming week will answer than and many other questions.

I never heard about this Q&A video. I hope they will make it. That would probably answer so many questions of ours...

Edit: Keystone thrills posted a new update on Wednesday. Not very big, but I am worried about that Huricane.
http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/20 ... -38-82411/

Josh73

Giga Poster

Geat video. I didn't really get what he was saying about the loading sttion though...

Thom25

Roller Poster

It appears we're going to load and unload the train on the same side of the station. Before you ask, we do not have a blueprint of the station or any more details on how Hershey is going to handle the process along with valuables that can't be brought onto the train, or seat selection. Hopefully Hershey has figured out how to avoid the potential delays and problems.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Thom25 said:
Before you ask, we do not have a blueprint of the station or any more details on how Hershey is going to handle the process along with valuables that can't be brought onto the train, or seat selection. Hopefully Hershey has figured out how to avoid the potential delays and problems.

I wasn't going to ask anyway...

Ethan

Strata Poster

^^ Win.

Wow, can't wait for this coaster to open. I don't like the name much but I like the track colour!

Ethan

Strata Poster

Josh73 said:
If you ask me, I like the name.

I wasn't going to ask anyway...

:p

To me it sound slightly cliche, it sounds like some kind of Sonic The Hedgehog level :)

Josh73

Giga Poster

Touche.

Ethan said:
To me it sound slightly cliche, it sounds like some kind of Sonic The Hedgehog level

Kinda, I guess. Just less cheesey. I don't find really that much. I like the name and I find it suits Hersheypark.

Thom25

Roller Poster

I agree the name takes a bit getting used too, but between the world's fastest cable lift at 18 MPH and the edge seating, it works imho.

I couldn't be any more psyched as well as an Intamin fan boy and Jr. Researcher, opening day can't come fast enough.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Ok....if you all want the most up to date info, then follow the Project 2012 via Facebook if you have one. We get the most up to date info possible as the guys at Keystone Thrills are part of that group, and Hershey Parks PR Rep is on there as well. Im guessing Thom is part of that group, but seriously, any info that I have posted since the announcement has been 100% true, so the point of saying otherwise (continually bringing up info about possible lap restraints is busted, deal with it) is beginning to get annoying.

To the other arguments, you arent sitting directly above the track, so no matter what, you are on a wingrider. Dive machines arent a wingrider due to the fact that the seating area extends over the edge of the track (stating this so nobody can bring up a **** useless argument). Intamin has made two versions of the wing rider, Furius Baco (with the horrid vibration issue) and their Zac Spin (which has no vibrating issue and is a variant of a 4D). Skyrush is just making a variant of a hyper train with OTSR using the softer style. The **** video showcases a Raptor esque OTSR.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Josh73

Giga Poster

Thom25 said:
I couldn't be any more psyched as well as an Intamin fan boy and Jr. Researcher, opening day can't come fast enough.

SAME
And its going to be the fastest cable lift hill? I am behind on news.

Intricks said:
The **** video showcases a Raptor esque OTSR.

The Rush the Hollow video?

Intricks

Strata Poster

^ Not that one, but the No Limits video.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Which is that, Intricks?

I wish they would release the NL pov without the crap off-ride. Just on-ride the whole time. I wonder if they will ever do renderings...

Intricks

Strata Poster

That video is the best rendering we will ever get for the ride unless someone decides to take up the challenge to make one. Plus, they want that first drop to not be seen at all, so only seeing a proper, fan made render is going to give you anything to work with.

Thom25

Roller Poster

You've always been spot on Intricks, and yes, I am part of the facebook group, which has over 330 members and very dynamic discussions. With so many members, we also get picture updates very frequently as well. :angel:

I'm curious about your comment Intricks about Hershey not wanting the first drop to be seen at all? Since we know the angles of the hill, I would think it would build even more "buzz", showing it off. With all the work in addition to Skyrush Hershey is doing this year (new walkway, Comet paining, and SDL paint, brakes, trains, and chain lift), I just assumed Hershey was spending money on the more important items. Let's be honest, they didn't even use the correct colors (free) on the NL (No Limits) video.

One final question Intricks since you mentioned Baco's vibration issues. Since we know Baco (Intamin) and X2 (S&S) have the same issue, do you think B&M solved the problem? With the rumored rides at DW and SFGAm, it will be interesting to see if the rides come to fruition.

And for the record, it's Tom :--D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Thom25 said:
One final question Intricks since you mentioned Baco's vibration issues. Since we know Baco (Intamin) and X2 (S&S) have the same issue, do you think B&M solved the problem? With the rumored rides at DW and SFGAm, it will be interesting to see if the rides come to fruition.
As far as I know the B&M ones do still have some shaking. Someone who's ridden Raptor will have to confirm, but I remember the guys from the CF-Live saying that the B&M versions do have the shake/rattle/vibration, however it's not as bad as the Intamin ones.