What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Josh73

Giga Poster
Re: "Skyrush" - Intamin Hyper - Hersheypark

This is my 100th post!!! Yay!

I think that it would be cool to have th first drop kinda hidden. That way when you start to go down you will hear everybody go: Oh, ****! But the new Sunken Gardens walkway thing will be able to see the first drop. I don't have Facebook so I can't join the project 2012 group. :(

Thom25

Roller Poster

I saw trip and ride reports saying the same thing that Raptor has some vibration issues too. I'm also not surprised to hear it isn't as bad as Baco because Raptor is a slower less forceful ride. It will be an interesting year seeing how these new rumored B&M wing-riders fair, since they appear at this point to provide forces closer to Baco.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Yeah, I don't think that Skyrush will have much of a vibration issue because the winged seats will be closer to the main car and track. Do you know what I mean?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Well I think to an extent these are just like the 'new' B&M 4-across seats, except the outside rows have no floor. I don't think vibration will be much of an issue with this type of train at all really. Most of the weight of the train is pretty close to the rails, which should inscrease the stability of the train.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: "Skyrush" - Intamin Hyper - Hersheypark

Thom25 said:
You've always been spot on Intricks, and yes, I am part of the facebook group, which has over 330 members and very dynamic discussions. With so many members, we also get picture updates very frequently as well. :angel:

Hahaha, that we do :3

I'm curious about your comment Intricks about Hershey not wanting the first drop to be seen at all? Since we know the angles of the hill, I would think it would build even more "buzz", showing it off. With all the work in addition to Skyrush Hershey is doing this year (new walkway, Comet painting, and SDL paint, brakes, trains, and chain lift), I just assumed Hershey was spending money on the more important items. Let's be honest, they didn't even use the correct colors (free) on the NL (No Limits) video.

Wasn't Comets station getting a rehab as well due to one of the supports being near/going through the station? While it would be more buzz, I have a VERY odd feeling (which Im going to think is true) that they decided to just go with a scaled model in the No Limits video for 2 reasons:
1) The render went WAY to slow for a greater part of the ride
2) The brake run was completely wrong and sitting on the ground (when the entire layout poster/pic shows two, downhill brakes and a MF turnaround into the holding brakes)
So based off of that, the whole first drop being shown on the POV portion would have given it away entirely for a scaled version. I could very well be wrong though

One final question Intricks since you mentioned Baco's vibration issues. Since we know Baco (Intamin) and X2 (S&S) have the same issue, do you think B&M solved the problem? With the rumored rides at DW and SFGAm, it will be interesting to see if the rides come to fruition.

As already has been mentioned, Raptor still vibrates, but apparently not Baco bad. The Swarm and Wild Eagle are probably going to use the year old data from Raptor and have the seats properly made to help reduce the vibration further since B&M tends to do things smart and in a timely (slow ass) manner.

And for the record, it's Tom :--D

:3 Tis Joe. Im going to guess Grady. :D

Switching between the hideouts'...

Josh73

Giga Poster

I hope the brake area/run will look like it does in this video:
Starts at 0:58

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs7URWKU_8k&feature=related[/youtube]

Video courtesy of youtube.com and BandMcoaster.

If it had a final turn similar to Millenium Force, that would be so cool!

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

Intricks, can you give a link to the Project 2012 Facebook page please, as I have FB and would like to keep tabs on it.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Josh73 said:
I hope the brake area/run will look like it does in this video:
Starts at 0:52

If it had a final turn similar to Millenium Force, that would be so cool!

Yea, the last part of the ride is supposed to go into an heavily banked turn upwards, a slope downward for the brake run, into the turn around found on MF right before the block brake before the station.

At least, this is from what I remember. I'm gonna have to go and find the image to post on here that shows the entire layout of the ride.

Josh73

Giga Poster

:--D Yes! Do you know if it will be over the Comet Station?

Cannot wait for vertical construction.
BTW, http://www.aceonline.org/AceNewsNow/?article=296 NO WORD ON THE RESTRAINT SYSTEM YET.

I was hoping for the coaster to be a little like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pucikC-Dymw&feature=related[/youtube]

D1993

Hyper Poster

Im quickly forgetting about Skyrush. Not because i dont think its going to be good, but because there are so many other really exciting things going on in 2012

Josh73

Giga Poster

Yeah. It kinda sucks that there haven't been any updates, in like forever! And Irene probably set them back alot. I think after all the hype of the new rides is over and done, Skyrush will start coming back to minds of other members. Even if those rides are being annouced, I still check everyday for updates.

Ben

CF Legend

I forgot about this, then I got all excited to check it out again.

Then I got upset again cause it looks a bit crap...

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ yes the animation with the white track coaster did not look very appealing. Well just not as much as what we were all expecting.

However I think once vertical construction starts, and the track is finished and testing starts that its gonna look quite amazing. Plus the animation doesnt show how Skyrush will amazingly interact with Comet etc
The animation was a total dud, so really im waiting for testing as the next big thing

Josh73

Giga Poster

^The animation was a total dud. Is it really so hard to color the track. Testing will be HUGE, but vertical construction will be very cool as well. Minus the Hurricane Irene thing, I would think vertical construstion will start very soon.

D1993 said:
Well just not as much as what we were all expecting.

Were just stuck up enthusiasts. :wink: The GP won't really care about minor details like that.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ yeah exactly. Once it opens, everyone will be all over it.
I wish Skyrush has a website like Leviathan did.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster

^ I confirmed my plans to go to Hershey in 2012..........what do you think the first ride I will go to will be?