What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Brilliant!!! As I always suspected though :-D Must see more test footage!!! I really wanna see the speed through that stengel dive! Okay...I need to calm down :p *breathes*

I so reckon this is going to get trimmed.
Did you all obviouisly see how dam slow it was going up the lift hill .... and despite that, how fast it went through the layout????
its freaking amazing ... imgaine what happens once they are running the cable lift faster ... this will be going so fast its gonna be insane. I hope they dont add trims anywhere, but I reckon they will.
Unless anyone thinks the speed of the lift hill will stay like that? (obviously not).
Because I think the way it is now is good enough (in terms of how fast it goes through the whole layout), but not the lift hill.

Maybe the lift could possibly decrease at the top, if you watch carefully, it spends up somewhat at one point just before it crests, looking at it, that's not that fast (as the 18mph proposed lift). So, I think it'll speed up, slow slightly before dropping. The same way in which Shambhala & Rock Bottom Plunge do.

^ Besides, this was only the second run, I'm sure this will speed up.
It'll maybe speed down when it then crests as you says, but it will still get faster than this, i'm sure.
And if it doesn't get faster (which it does) the coaster will still be epic. Awkward lift though.

There you go.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkIGfuaASMY[/youtube]

Still looks :shock:
And is it just me, or are those wheels making an odd noise?
I guess it's those special designed wheels to ensure that the coaster won't have any trims, that would be logic.

That ride is MUCH too short IMO to throw a trim in there. I bet it will run as is for a while.

But I like.

It's like no matter how slow it goes up that lift hill .... it still executes the rest of layout really well, notably the airtime hills!!
I mean in that last video, it literally came to a full stop at the very top of the lift hill and then barely just edged over the drop, and still flew over the airtime hills.
My god, I MUST ride this thing.

Re: Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

They arent running the lift at full speed. It will continue up the lift at 17.3mph and you will go from there. The wheels are designed to bleed speed throughout the ride as they dont want to have another I305 happening again. The stengel is taken at a nice speed, but it noticeably slows down (yes, I am recognizing the fact it is just a basic free fall and not with the lift speed) after that.

Those that work at the park have even said it will give you major ejector those first two hills, but after that it will be running around the 40s for the rest of the course. Intamin is playing it safe with this and it seriously shows.

No flat turns, no continuous high speeds...you get the picture.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Are we ever going to realise that pretty much every coaster, when testing, goes through little stages of stopping on the lift, and going really slow.... its the norm, all part of 'testing'.

Anyway, this is why its worth taking a gamble with Intamin <3

^I think in this case its a bit more of a case of "that's how fast it is now, what the hell is it going to be like at full speed" as apposed to our usual "looks so slow" comments.

I think it looks fantastic, those trains looks great and they do seem to be carrying quite a bit of speed through the layout. Here's to hoping it rides as well as it looks! :p

Still no good view of the stengel :-(

But yeah, I think Skyrush looks like its got a great pace to it. Wonder what the capacity will be like.

In regards to the lift hill convo, I agree with Lofty. I think it's likely they go with the fast lift that slows a bit toward the top. But if it just books it over that lift peak, you won't hear me complaining ;-)

Boomerang's SOUND smooth. If you're basing "smoothness" off of sound, that's not too factually correct. LOOKS smooth, yes ;)