What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

Re: Heide Park 2014

I think wing coaster is more likely than flyer based on the recent surge. That said, supposedly Swarm hasn't been that well received, whilst I'm sure a flyer would be, especially seen as there isn't one in mainland Europe. But that kind of logic rarely flows.

Giga I think is really unlikely. I think Thorpe will go for Europe's tallest, with B&M and under 300ft.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

I was kind of hoping for the park to get a flying coaster as i slightly prefer them to winged but that is mainly because of the pretzel loop. If its between a winged coaster and a flying coaster with no pretzel loop then i don't really mind. If it is a Wing Coaster i hope its not going to be a clone of Raptor or Swarm, they are both great, but i like new coasters to have a unique layout and not just a cloned layout of another coaster.

^To be fair with Merlin, while they might put some similar ride types into their various parks (not really all that many when you look at, say, Six Flags though), they haven't actually cloned anything, have they?

^Rita -> Desert Race. While not techincally identical since they smoothed out some of the transitions (and added an airtime hill), but as close to a clone as you can get!

andrus said:
^Rita -> Desert Race. While not techincally identical since they smoothed out some of the transitions (and added an airtime hill), but as close to a clone as you can get!

Tussauds (under the DIC group as well) is defo not Merlin...

As long as it has The Swarm/Gatekeeper kind of first drop, instead of that boring looking thing on Raptor, I'm really happy with a wing rider!

_koppen said:
As long as it has The Swarm/Gatekeeper kind of first drop, instead of that boring looking thing on Raptor, I'm really happy with a wing rider!

Nothing that wrong with Raptor's first drop, indeed, you get a lot of airtime on it...

Don't want to see every single Wingrider having that drop, would be boring...

Nemesis Inferno said:
_koppen said:

Nothing that wrong with Raptor's first drop, indeed, you get a lot of airtime on it...

Don't want to see every single Wingrider having that drop, would be boring...

I agree. I think that some Wingriders should have just have a normal first drop. I actually think Raptors first drop is great as you great airtime in the back and a cool hanging feeling in the front. It would be pretty cool to have a Wingrider have a vertical drop, then again i guess you get a similar feeling on the sitting on the side of the dive machines, but it would be pretty cool being at the back and getting pulled over the drop.

Also, I actually prefer Raptor to Swarm, does anyone else agree?

^I prefer Raptor to Swarm too. Not to discount Swarm, it's a really solid coaster but I just feel it doesn't make the most of the wing rider gimmick, whereas I felt Raptor executed it perfectly whilst also giving a great ride.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a wing ride at Heide Park, I'd definitely prefer it over a flyer, especially one with a pretzel loop </3

Nemesis Inferno said:
andrus said:

Tussauds (under the DIC group as well) is defo not Merlin...
Yeah, but it is. Because I bet most of the people in charge of such decisions have remained the same.

The attractions which were Merlin are more prone to the C&P attitude than Tussauds ever were, too. Every SeaLife is EXACTLYTHESAMEEEEE.

^ Not so much Joey.

When the 'merger' (as it was billed back then) happened, quite a lot of the previous Tussauds Group employees were actually laid off with Merlin employees counterparts replacing them/taking the position. It was a very small percentage of Tussauds upper management levels that were retained.

The park has started to promote that something is heading to the Transsilvanien area of the park

894657_10151330386491611_716812538_o.jpg

Source: Coasterfriends.de facebook page