What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Re: Heide Park 2014

Ben said:
I don't see why you'd promote THIS early, it just encourages people not to bother in 2013.!

TP Rich said:
^ I completely agree with you. People who see this in the park in 2012 are probably less likely to visit in 2013, and the profits made by the park will drop. I believe that they should wait until, at the very earliest, the beginning of the 2013 season before choosing to promote their 2014 attraction.

I really don't think that the general public will 'skip' their 2013 visit in Heide Park, as i'm sure many people like the park just as it is, and are appreciating the already amazing coaster line-up.

You're telling me that people would skip both 2013 and 2014 in Thorpe Park if their 2015 coaster was promoted now?

TP Rich said:
In some ways, it kind of lowers my hopes of seeing much investment for next year.

Did you think that they would invest much for the 2013 season anyways with a major attraction opened in
2011?

marc said:
They don't need a hyper they have a great airtime coaster already.

Exactly, and they don't need a huge thrill ride either.
To be honest, what they need is a huge family coaster with nice capacity.
Imagine a S&S Free Fly terrain coaster with heavy theming and a exciting layout.
That would also fit to the 'bat' hint on the sign.

Inverse

Hyper Poster

The board says it'll be Germany's first. I think that is telling. Likely it's something we already have in Europe, or they would have said Europe's first. Potential Wingrider?

I'm sure someone can think of another big and fast coaster type that already exists Europe but not in Germany, but Wingrider is all I can conjure up.

Ben

CF Legend

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Ben said:
I don't see why you'd promote THIS early, it just encourages people not to bother in 2013.!

TP Rich said:
^ I completely agree with you. People who see this in the park in 2012 are probably less likely to visit in 2013, and the profits made by the park will drop. I believe that they should wait until, at the very earliest, the beginning of the 2013 season before choosing to promote their 2014 attraction.

I really don't think that the general public will 'skip' their 2013 visit in Heide Park, as i'm sure many people like the park just as it is, and are appreciating the already amazing coaster line-up.

You're telling me that people would skip both 2013 and 2014 in Thorpe Park if their 2015 coaster was promoted now?

Some people would, yes (although two years is different to one year, btw).

If people find it a struggle to go to a park, (it's far or they're poor), then, yes, I do think that could be a deciding factor for some peopel to skip a year.

I'm not saying everyone will skip 2013 and the park will be empty next year, but, I would say it would have been better to promote this in park starting next year and then hit the people who didn't go that year with other forms of marketing, to remind them they haven't been in a while and should go. You know, like every other park in the World.

Also, I agree, they don't need a hyper type ride. They've got one - it's just made of wood. I would bet on a Wingrider. This is Merlin.

Rach

Giga Poster

These signs were up when I went over in September last year.

They were all around the Wildwasserbahn II site and with that having closed some time before I went, it'll likely be around there and from looking at it, it looks a pretty damn big site!

I loved Heide, for me was one of the best Merlin parks out there. I'm very excited to see what they do! A wing coaster in that space for me would be epic.

andrus

Giga Poster

I say it's going to be a hyper. Because I want one! :p

And Wildwasserbahn II has closed?? :eek: That's some bad news :( WII was the best flume ride I've been to! Amazing drop, very wet and nice theming! This new ride better be good to compensate for WII...

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

Lofty said:
I just remembered the rumours and layout of an Intamin Hyper/Giga?

Does anyone remember these? I'll try and dig them out, but I hope it is!

heide_tera.jpg

It just sucks that Desert Race is there now <///3

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Ben said:
Some people would, yes (although two years is different to one year, btw).

So unnecessary.

Ben said:
If people find it a struggle to go to a park, (it's far or they're poor), then, yes, I do think that could be a deciding factor for some peopel to skip a year.

I'm not saying everyone will skip 2013 and the park will be empty next year, but, I would say it would have been better to promote this in park starting next year and then hit the people who didn't go that year with other forms of marketing, to remind them they haven't been in a while and should go. You know, like every other park in the World.

I'm sure some would skip the visit to Heide Park, but not the majority (which is what counts here)

It's amazing that every move that's being made in the theme park industry recieves critisism.
Every single action a park makes, we are able to find something negative about.

marc

CF Legend
Heide Park 2014

I want to go back there but I am one of the people who will wait until 2014 now.

I did not think it was a great park like everyone said it was when I went I few years back anyway.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

marc said:
I want to go back there but I am one of the people who will wait until 2014 now.

I did not think it was a great park like everyone said it was when I went I few years back anyway.

But you can't really count that as an example as they got Krake since your last visit.

This picture gives you a pretty good idea of how big the area is.
You have to imagine that the flume, and station for the flume is gone.

Attachments

• dsc_1194.jpg
    dsc_1194.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 159

marc

CF Legend
Heide Park 2014

Krake is no reason to rush back though, and what is the point going this year for that when they are getting another coaster in 2014?

There are just 2 coasters in the park that interest me hence why I've not rushed back.

When we went the park was bad. People queue 30 mins for a drink and an hour for food!

nadroJ

CF Legend

TheCoasterCruiser said:
marc said:

But you can't really count that as an example as they got Krake since your last visit.

One ride doesn't change the overall effect of a WHOLE park. Yes it might add to somebody's experience, but if Marc says he didn't like the park when he went then he didn't like the park when he went.

I'm sure Krake is great but for me it wouldn't make a massive lot of difference. I liked the park and the atmosphere and Colossos <3<3 and I'm sure Krake would probably add to my enjoyment of the park as a whole, but don't dismiss somebody's opinion like that, silly.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

nadroJ said:
Yes it might add to somebody's experience, but if Marc says he didn't like the park when he went then he didn't like the park when he went.

I never said anything against that.

marc said:
Krake is no reason to rush back though, and what is the point going this year for that when they are getting another coaster in 2014?

There are just 2 coasters in the park that interest me hence why I've not rushed back.

When we went the park was bad. People queue 30 mins for a drink and an hour for food!

That's your opinion, and it doesn't really count when looking big at things.
I'm sure that the general public think Krake is a reason to rush back.

But then again, us enthusiasts point of view doesn't really count when it comes to this sort of things.
Theres obviously a lot more GP than there is enthusiasts.

marc

CF Legend
Heide Park 2014

Don't get me wrong I like the look of it and have only read good things.

But after oblivion and Sheikra is krake a reason to spend a lot of money to travel all the way there when I can go when they get another coaster and make it more worth while.

Have to admit when we went I was tired and in a really bad mood so that probably did effect me.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^

Yes, it's your opinion and look of things.
But what i said was based upon the majority that visits the park.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your visit, it really is a great park, but i agree it has some minuses.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ Besides the existence of Wildwasserbahn I, i would guess that it's about getting more space, and maybe it's a maintenance nightmare.

nealbie

CF Legend

Best thing about Heide was Marc nearly getting splatted in the face by a rogue water balloon <3

oriolat2

Giga Poster

I don't know if this is a fake teaser but it has been posted on FB:

538455_10150769761577097_564972096_10044132_703803184_n.jpg

Could the new coaster be a B&M flyer? I so HOPE it is. One of these new generation flyers like Starry Night :) but with a darker theme would really make me come back to Heide!