What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

Re: Heide Park 2014

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Okay, I see that it could sound a bit arrogant and pretentious.
But I really can't tell the souce.

So why say it in the first place if you can't back it up?

When it comes to stuff like this, people do sometimes get told things in confidence. You need to look at the person posting it and make a judgment call on whether they're the sort of person who would spout s**t just for the sake of it.

I'm all for reliable sources, but in TheCoasterCruiser's case, I don't think for a second that he's stupid enough to listen to a rumour from someone selling popcorn and post it as fact. He's also not stupid enough to say more at this point and potentially lose someone their job.

I'd rather see this than one of those godawful "I know but I can't say" posts. I'd also rather see this than a "I think they should get _______" posts. They're way more pointless and irritating than reporting an actual rumour.

If you don't choose to believe that he's been told something, or that he has but it might not be from someone who actually knows, then fine. Going on about it and badgering to give someone's name when it could lose them their job isn't the way to go about things. Take it on board, or don't, and carry on the conversation as normal until more information becomes available.

Ooo, I wonder what sort of horror/destruction/apocalyptic theme variation Candy Holland will use on this one?

I really just wanted to confirm the almost obvious rumor, that is a wing coaster.
I would hate it myself if someone said "it's gonna be a giga, because this guy I know say so", but I can't tell the source, and you just gotta trust me on this one.

And thank you Gavin, for taking your time sorting things out.

Don't they already have Kraken though?

I mean actually, I never understood in the first place why B&M invented the wing trains when they already have the dive machine trains.
Sure the wing trains are more flat and can go through narrower keyholes, but I can't think of any other point than this. IMO it's almost as pointless as the floorless sitdown.

The only potential the wing trains may have, over the dive machine,
is to be modified further into flying/4d, as far as i can see..

^This! The outside seats of the dive machine will be the same, or at least very similar, experience to a wing coaster. Krake does not have a very long layout though that take advantage of the winged seats. But it's still rather pointless. Would have been much more exciting with another, completely different, type of coaster!

...but Krake only has 4 in a row? As if the GP would notice similarities between a big dive machine and a wing coaster, anyway.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Joey said:
...but Krake only has 4 in a row? As if the GP would notice similarities between a big dive machine and a wing coaster, anyway.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

6 to a row, and it look adorably cute as it is <3

Wing Riders and Dive Machines are completely different kettles of fish as well, give enough of a different layout to the Wing Rider at Heide, and no-one will notice any similarity between them...

That similarity never even occurred to me haha! Yh, not similar enough to be an issue.

These dark green supports were spotted recenty at the B&M plant in Ohio.
Could it be for this one?

Screen+shot+2013-05-30+at+9.04.30+PM.

I thought the track for the European B&M rides were manufactured here in Europe (the old Giovanola plant)?

^I thought they moved all construction of B&M coasters to north america a couple of years ago?

andrus said:
^I thought they moved all construction of B&M coasters to north america a couple of years ago?

Could very well be, I know that they made track in that Giovanola plant a few years ago, but I don't know if it still is that way.

So it is another dark coloured Merlin coaster...I'm guessing the track will be grey/black too.

You'd think they could be a bit more colourful considering it is about the 6th coaster they've done in grey/black in just four years. :roll: Anyway, rant over, i'm still quite interested in what it'll be.

If its a wing rider I hope they don't have the back rows going backwards as its ruined The Swarm for me.