What's new

Hansa Park | Kärnan | Gerstlauer Hyper Coaster

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Hansa Park | Kärnan | Unknown hyper coaster

Gerstlauer Hyper though, imagine the teething problems <//3

Personally I'm thinking S&S or Maurer. Hopefully, if the budget is €25million Hansa will do what they do best and spend a large portion of that budget on theming the **** out of it, I can't imagine them doing anything otherwise actually.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Hansa Park | Kärnan | Unknown hyper coaster

According to the latest park newsletter it's designed by Werner Stengel Engineering in Munich and being built by Gerstlauer! The coaster has been in the design process since 2010 and will have a unique layout to fit in the area available. TÜV Süd in Munich will be in charge of all inspections and the Kärnan website has been online since the start of December.
o Der Hypercoaster erhält ein besonderes, individuelles Layout. Es ist speziell auf HANSA-PARK zugeschnitten.
o Gerechnet wird die neue Fahrattraktion von der Firma Werner Stengel in München, die über besonders große Erfahrung in der Planung von außergewöhnlichen Hypercoastern verfügt.
o Gebaut wird die Attraktion von Firma Gerstlauer in Münsterhausen, die unser volles Vertrauen hat, unsere Vorgaben und Ideen umsetzen zu können.
o Der TÜV Süd in München ist in die Neuentwicklung eingebunden und wird den Hypercoaster abnehmen.
Seit Anfang Dezember ist nun auch die Website http://www.kärnan.de erreichbar.

EthC

Mega Poster
That is fantastic! As Lofty said, Gerst's airtime is top notch and only second to Intamin so I feel this will be a cracker of a ride, It will probably have teething problems obviously, but I think Hansa is onto a winner with this one if it all goes to plan. Looking forward to seeing plans of this thing now.

GeForce

Roller Poster
So this will be the first 200+ coaster for Gerstlauer let´s see if they can get the job done.
When the designers working behind the coaster are Stengel Engineering I expect the layout to be really good which is pretty neat and I really hope the "Eurofighter rattle problems" won´t be present on Kärnan.

Hutch

Strata Poster
This will be very interesting!

TBH I would've liked to see a new B&M or Intamin, but I'm glad Gerstlauer is trying it out. Can't wait till 2015 to see how this turns out.

EthC

Mega Poster
Does anybody think this will come under the Infinity Model like Karacho and The Smiler? Judging for the 4 row trains on the concept art i'd guess so but i might be looking at that art a tad too indepth.

GeForce

Roller Poster
^ Yes, judging from the description of the Infinity on Gerstlauers website it is pretty likely that it will be an Infinty coaster. I could imagine that the coaster gets Smiler trains just longer and with lap bars instead of the OTSR. Something like 24-32 people per train, as long as the coaster does not have a vertical lift , which I doubt it will.

Ethan

Strata Poster
In the concept art, there is the huge watchtower that the track is coming out of. Is that just for show? Because surely the park can't build a tower 200ft tall?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It's all speculation at the moment, but I think they will do something like that. It would need to have some theming to the castle in Helsingborg due to the name, otherwise what's the point in calling it Kaernan and releasing a concept photo including the structure itself?

Lofty

CF Legend
Ethan said:
In the concept art, there is the huge watchtower that the track is coming out of. Is that just for show? Because surely the park can't build a tower 200ft tall?
Why not? Mystery Castle at Phantasialand is 215ft tall. They can easily do it, from the rumours on the coasters 'official' website, it'll have an elevator lift, now THAT, I don't see as happening.

Ben

CF Legend
Lofty said:
Ethan said:
Why not? Mystery Castle at Phantasialand is 215ft tall. They can easily do it, from the rumours on the coasters 'official' website, it'll have an elevator lift, now THAT, I don't see as happening.

Why not?

Might actually be cheaper if you think about it, something like Divertical.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Certainly agreed on that front. Isn't Hansa pressed for space too? Could Hansa realistically pack in a 200ft lift hill without spoiling certain aspects of the park - that would make an elevator lift even more plausible. Either that or a launch, with is not impossible, but unlikely.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Lofty said:
Ethan said:

I did think of Mystery Castle, but for some reason I thought it was an exception? Don't ask why haha.
So don't Hansa have height restrictions? Or is it in the middle of nowhere?

Lofty

CF Legend
Ben said:
Lofty said:
Ethan said:

Why not?

Might actually be cheaper if you think about it, something like Divertical.
Very true, Divertical and Giraffica didn't even cross my mind. Divertical is only around 10ft shorter than this would be too, so it's very possible actually.

ignace

Mega Poster
Ethan said:
I did think of Mystery Castle, but for some reason I thought it was an exception? Don't ask why haha.
So don't Hansa have height restrictions? Or is it in the middle of nowhere?

Hansapark has a Starflyer. So no :).

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The park already has a giant Tower for Fluch's vertical lift...

The park is surprisingly large as well, so some good placement would allow a Hyper to blend in quite well...

andrus

Giga Poster
It's time to update this topic I think :wink:

Some pictures of the Kärnan tower foundation that have poped up at the building blog over the summer:
37_IMG_6779.jpg

78_IMG_0458.jpg

90_IMG_0558.jpg

92_IMG_0577.jpg

Some new facts:
-The ride will have a vertical lift and a vertical drop
-The ride will start of with a dark ride section and end with a dark ride section
-The height of the coaster track will be 73m, the Kärnan tower will be 79m
-The official name will be: "DER SCHWUR DES KÄRNAN – Hüte Dich vor seinem Bann!" (or translated into english: "KÄRNAN'S OATH – Beware of its Spell!")

Source:http://www.kärnan.de/de/

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
This is gonna either be absolutely great or absolutely ****. I am really excited to see the final layout because I reckon gerstlauer could pull off a very interesting layout at least.