What's new

Hansa Park | Kärnan | Gerstlauer Hyper Coaster

EthC

Mega Poster
Even though the layout looks very twisty on the concept, I wouldn't take it as this is what its going to be although the concepts look really good, I'd assume though that there will be some form of airtime as Gerstlauer seem to do very well in the ejector airtime stakes.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ But considering the front pieces are custom, and they've added detailed textures, I'd say it's what we'll see in the end.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Lap bars on the Smiler would only improve it. The main problem I have with the ride is that the otsr's tighten a lot over my shoulders making me trapped at the mercy of the Smiler :). Lap bars would mean I would actually be able to enjoy the airtime hills.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
^The general public would hate it with lap bars, though. Can you just imagine? 'Yo, I gonna fal owt o dis it got loadz o loopz an aint no harnisssss.'

But, yeah I agree with you on the shoulder thing. The 13th inversion is HORRIBLE.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
elephant58 said:
^The general public would hate it with lap bars, though. Can you just imagine? 'Yo, I gonna fal owt o dis it got loadz o loopz an aint no harnisssss.'

But, yeah I agree with you on the shoulder thing. The 13th inversion is HORRIBLE.

The GP aren't that retarded! Lap bars would only improve the ride by removing the head banging and adding the excitement of perceived danger. It would make it go from good to great.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ If people can ride things like Zodiac and Enterprise that have no restraints, I think they can cope with lapbars.

Besides, S&S Screamin Swings have lapbars are people love them!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
elephant58 said:
^The GP don't think like that. They feel safe in OTSRs, not lapbars.

Its true that OTSR's feel more secure than lap bars, but you only have to watch a ride and observe how nobody falls out to know that its safe. Lap bars allow upper body freedom and eliminate head banging.

The GP are more than happy to queue up for G Force at Drayton Manor which slowly lifts riders up side down with lap bars. Every RMC except New Texas Giant has inversions with lap bars and they are a hit with both the GP and enthusiasts.

Lap bars are the future. The only coasters I wouldn't want to ride with lap bars are B&M flyers.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The lapbars on Karacho aren't particularly comfortable when going through inversions...

Combine that with tight transitions, and it's probably quite clear why Smiler has OTSRs... Regardless of whether people hate them or not, I doubt it would be any more enjoyable with lap bars...

elephant58

Hyper Poster
cjbrandy said:
elephant58 said:
^The GP don't think like that. They feel safe in OTSRs, not lapbars.

Its true that OTSR's feel more secure than lap bars, but you only have to watch a ride and observe how nobody falls out to know that its safe. Lap bars allow upper body freedom and eliminate head banging.

The GP are more than happy to queue up for G Force at Drayton Manor which slowly lifts riders up side down with lap bars. Every RMC except New Texas Giant has inversions with lap bars and they are a hit with both the GP and enthusiasts.

Lap bars are the future. The only coasters I wouldn't want to ride with lap bars are B&M flyers.

You do make a very good point there. What I was trying to get at though, is that the British public do (Alton have apparently done research into this) not like lap bars on looping rides. Whilst G-Force does have a weird lap bar-type thing, if Alton Towers (most visited park in the UK) put lap bars on there brand new, huge coaster, which is practically designed to be the loopiest coaster ever, I don't think it'd be the best move from Alton. But, hey, that's my opinion. :)

Oh, for the record, I think that this will have lap bars, because most hypers do.

Ethan

Strata Poster
CaYSuNc.jpg

:shock:

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
It says on the park's official website that it will have lap bars. (Or 'lap straps' as Google Translate like to call them)

10622987_10152640066155081_7823637288799424466_n.jpg

I'm so excited about this coaster, doubt I have enough patience to wait until 2016 for it to be themed...

Darren B

Giga Poster
Radaxian said:
It says on the park's official website that it will have lap bars. (Or 'lap straps' as Google Translate like to call them)

10622987_10152640066155081_7823637288799424466_n.jpg

I'm so excited about this coaster, doubt I have enough patience to wait until 2016 for it to be themed...

Same. I'll go next year, and again when it's themed.