What's new

Guangzhou Wanda Theme Park | Guangzhou | Theme Park

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think you might be right, but I think they may be the same as the new ones on California Screamin'.
I think they only went for the LIMs again as most of the hardware supporting those was already in place. How much of the trains remained the same during the change? LIM > LSM would affect the trains, launch fins, control systems, supporting electrical infrastructure, etc. Sounds like a lot of stuff to change if you can just re-use a good chunk of it.

In terms of NEW coasters, I think LSM LIM is pretty much dead.

Edit: Typo fixed.

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
I'm assuming it's the same setup as the sitdown

47319844_1955441544491011_5354117578497196032_n.jpg

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Are there any other examples of a coaster merging intamins new gen & old gen track. It's very curious and I don't think I've seen it before; I didn't even think they were the same gauge.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I wonder how well this thing will duel, what with a triple rocking launch and everything. The invert is gunna be the faster one, as the loop is much bigger, so it’s gunna be interesting to see how they sync it up, or ev. if they’ll sync it up at all.

I’m not sure how, or why, that paint scheme was ever approved. It had such potential to be an awesome looking ride, but they’ve just made it look horrendous. Not only do the two colours they’ve chosen clash, the janky way the supports are coloured just looks stupid.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Hopefully they turn the dial up another click or two. Luckily, the ride from the 0-g roll onward looks solid.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
It's so strange to see a zero g roll on a sit down Intamin coaster. Is this the first one? Other than Shockwave, which I don't really count, I can't think of any other sit down that has a camelback zero g like this.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I wonder if the hang time on the vertical loop is for visual reasons, so that the inverted train travels round at the same time (assuming they're launched at the same time which should be the point realllllyyy...)? Or if it's just because of it being in a testing phase

Pear

Strata Poster
It's so strange to see a zero g roll on a sit down Intamin coaster. Is this the first one? Other than Shockwave, which I don't really count, I can't think of any other sit down that has a camelback zero g like this.
Yeah this is the only actual zero-g roll on any Intamin sitdown coaster.