What's new

"Green Lantern" B&M Stand Up for SFGAdv

Yeah. I spoke to someone I know who works at the park & they said that everything is on schedule for the planned opening date, but they wouldn't tell me the date. :lol:

Today was Opening Day & so I went early to get some fab photos & film a little something for all you lovelies.

I arrived before anyone else, including the staff.
IMG_2425.jpg

Click to enlarge:
IMG_2417.jpg

Track's complete.
IMG_2427.jpg

Looks kinda square from this angle...
IMG_2416.jpg

...but it's not.
IMG_2410.jpg

Loopage.
IMG_2411.jpg

Inversions.
IMG_2413.jpg

A slightly closer look.
IMG_2412.jpg

Dive loop.
IMG_2404.jpg

Is that yellow?
IMG_2408.jpg

With a some green on top?
IMG_2409.jpg

What's that building back there?
IMG_2385.jpg

Massive supports.
IMG_2406.jpg

It's a long way to the top.
IMG_2402.jpg

Station...
IMG_2405.jpg

...has a way to go yet.
IMG_2401.jpg

Up, around & down.
IMG_2386.jpg

Sorta symmetrical.
IMG_2387.jpg

That yellow is not staying.
IMG_2384.jpg

The train storage building also has a way to go.
IMG_2380.jpg

Obligatory porta-potty photo. :p
IMG_2388.jpg

More inversions.
IMG_2383.jpg

Click to enlarge.
IMG_2390.jpg

Close up.
IMG_2392.jpg

Not so close up.
IMG_2393.jpg

Another close up.
IMG_2379.jpg

MCBR & turn around.
IMG_2396.jpg

Click to enlarge.
IMG_2381.jpg

That's all folks!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4s2oLSf8P4[/youtube]

The green is gorgeous, it looks great where it is as well, it's going to look awesome when you pull up to park.

I really hope this does well, I still really like Stand-Ups <3

It is. I was joking about the yellow crane in that photo. :wink:

After work this morning I headed back to Great Adventure to see the progress made on Green Lantern to share with all you lovely peeps.

I was first to arrive at the park because who in their right mind would go this early on Easter Sunday?
IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

They've started laying asphalt at the base of the coaster.
IMAG0002.jpg

I was hoping for some nice shrubbery & landscaping, but this is Six Flags so... :roll:
IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

They painted the top bit of the corkscrew white.
IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

Doesn't the station seems a bit small for such a huge coaster? :?
IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

No real changes to the storage building.
IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

Everything back here still looks much like it did on Opening Day a couple of weeks ago,
IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

Here's some photos from where the entrance tp GASM was taken through cutouts & holes in the wooden fence.
IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

I'm thinking that building will be a snack bar for the queue line.
IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

They've removed the wooden fence that blocked the view from the Superman queue.
IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

Should be quite a view of the coaster if I'm correct about that building.
IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

The exit ramp only makes the station look a little bigger from this side.
IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

It will be cool if the timing is right & Superman is dropping from the lift hill at the same time as Green Lantern does the loop.

IMAG0047.jpg

The lamas will have a nice view of the coaster, but I will miss the horny tortoises. :lol:
IMAG0048.jpg

I decided to take a ride on the wild bull before leaving, but the path from Kinga Ka was blocked now that they've moved the tigers to the safari & removed the kiddie playground.
IMAG0049.jpg

So I had to go the long way around & I noticed that they've closed the 3-D theater ride...
IMAG0022.jpg

...and Eruption is gone, but will be replaced by a standard Slingshot ride later this year.
IMAG0023.jpg

The tiger cages are now the Safari Discoveries walk-thru area where you can view sea lions, a parakeet aviary, a Wild Safari nursery featuring exotic animal babies & other critters like skunks, rabbits, hedgehogs & snakes.
IMAG0050.jpg

On to El Toro!
IMAG0051.jpg

I was only going to ride it once, but since it was walk on...
IMAG0052.jpg

... & so empty that I got in 9 rides without getting off the train before heading home for some much needed sleep.
IMAG0053.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiLfySWYKQM[/youtube]

Sorry for the quality of the photos & video, but I wasn't planning on doing this today & didn't have my cameras with me so all these are taken with my phone.

It does look very sexy. That green track and those black supports look awesome. Do we know what the colours are going to be on that corkscrew yet? I also see what you mean about the station, but then again, Nitro's station is hardly huge is it? It does look funny with such a small building.

Looks great. I'm jealous of you getting on El Toro (again!) though! :p

Looks great, but I'm in concurrence with you about the station; that's small. Like, Batman: The Dark Knight small. And I hate that station. :roll:

Jealous of your walk-ons with the bull, too. I have not gone to Great Adventure a damn day when it's not crowded (and don't ask me about the day I went when there was a concert...)

Re:

This ride just looks so great! :--D I'm not sure of this but aperently it'll cost 25 dollars for the sling shot ride.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk so sorry if there's any spelling errors.

I'm willing to bet that the white is actually primer and they're going to paint it the same shade of yellow that the rest of the corkscrew pieces are painted. I'm still interested in finding out why it's painted yellow.

The ride looks great! They just need to finish.

I just wish the yellow was blended. It looks quite cool, but, I wish that it was like, blended, so that it looked natural rather than just BAM yellow BAM back to green.

Hello Yellow piece of track. How are you doing lately?

Are they actually going to get rid of that?!