What's new

"Green Lantern" B&M Stand Up for SFGAdv

GASM has old parking spaces under it on the right-hand side. If that doesn't make it a car park/parking lot coaster...

The whole of California Adventure and Islands of Adventure is built on parking lots, at least they covered them over lol.

Tbh for me any part of a coaster that goes over parking bays is a car park coaster, but I can see everyone has different views.

At least Scream is actually on a DISUSED car park.

Wheras this...

6d30011nbl16538dca8gte.jpg

http://rcdb.com/4331.htm?p=27412

I don't think this is that bad. There's a difference between being able to see a ride from the parking lot (I don't understand this argument because at most parks you can photograph rides without paying to enter) and it actually being ON the parking lot. Hell, you can see all the major rides at Thorpe from the car park.

^ I think that looks much cooler than Scream, as it kinda interacts with cars and such... it looks like its done on purpose.

^It's fab that's what it is <3

And I still think the worst offender B&M have built is...

kmfoeeb0pli1c60008obdu.jpg

Which Green Lantern doesn't do, does it? No. It does not.

^That sort of works with the theme, though. It is still themed around race cars, right?

Also, if Silver Star had been built within the confines of the park, it would have DESTROYED the beautiful theming wherever it went.

I hope they at least lay some grass down.. but I can see the layout as SFKK didn't have much in terms of things around the track.

I would be happy with anything but a plain concrete slab. I'm not sure what they would/could do for theming, but just some nice landscaping would do...

A friend of mine who works at Six Flags Great Adventure did me a huge favor & took some great photos & video footage of the construction.
Check it out:
glantern1.jpg

Lifthill, drop & loop are complete.
glantern3.jpg

Train storage building surrounded by supports.
glantern4.jpg

B&M goodness everywhere. Yep, that's Nitro off in the distance.
glantern6.jpg

glantern5.jpg

Monster supports.
glantern8.jpg

glantern7.jpg

glantern15.jpg

glantern9.jpg

Loopage!
glantern10.jpg

With all that done...
glantern11.jpg

...what's next?
glantern16.jpg

Looks like it could be...
glantern12.jpg

,,,a dive loop!
glantern17.jpg

Putting the pieces together.
glantern13.jpg

One last look.
glantern19.jpg

I spy a wild bull!
glantern2.jpg

There's still plenty more to go...
glantern14.jpg

... and a few more supports as well.
glantern20.jpg

glantern21.jpg

glantern23.jpg

Ka is still king!
glantern22.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAsetwkJBqE[/youtube]

^ Uh, what?? It doesn't have one...

Looks good though. Wonder when if/when they will get a DM and a Wing Walker so that they can collect the complete B&M catalogue...