What's new

Gardaland | Oblivion: The Black Hole | B&M Dive Coaster

Re: B&M Dive Machine for Gardaland in 2015 (?)

elephant58 said:
A white Merlin coaster, WITH an intimidating logo. I'm think I'm going to faint.

As am I - but then it wasn't going to be red or blue was it? It's like after Flug they finally realised black was becoming repetitive. Let's just hope the supports aren't white too...

Next thing you'll be telling me is that they're actually adding some flat between coasters! They must be moving vaguely in the right direction, but they've still got copious more milestones to achieve. It would be nice if Alton and Gardaland actually received flat rides rather than having gimmicks and dismantling flats. Honestly, with the Condor removed and Space Vertigo closed, the topspin will be the only flat ride. Alton have solely Ripsaw, blade and Enterprise.

Actually, statistically, Merlin has failed to add a single thrilling flat ride since 2007 when they bought out Tussauds. Oh sorry, they added a waveswinger to Heide in 2009 and Kobra to Chessington (to be fair, that was quite a good addition and could be classed as thrilling). Excellent. Frankly, that's pathetic.

Woop good to tick one off the list.

14510040625_d483b5a1f4_c.jpg

Well now we know where the white and the yellow is going.... Wheres the Red, Blue and turquoise track going? :)

/\ It could be going to Carrowinds for the giga coaster.

roomraider said:
Woop good to tick one off the list.

14510040625_d483b5a1f4_c.jpg

Well now we know where the white and the yellow is going.... Wheres the Red, Blue and turquoise track going? :)

Where is the yellow one going? (I suspect I've missed an obvious post in the forums somewhere, unless its going to China).

That would leave Efteling, Carowinds Giga and Holiday World. Red for Efteling, Blue for Holiday World and Turquoise for Carowinds?

^ I haven't been keeping up with various colours, but there's a flyer confirmed for China.

Yellow is the flyer for China.

People think the Red/Orange is for Holiday World, with Teal for Carowinds and the Blue as a possible Efteling.

Let's face it, we know **** all about which coaster track is going where until construction starts at the parks mentioned.

No, we don't know anything yet but I bet money on the red not being for Efteling. Eurgh the thought!

I think this one will be white track or merlin grey.

^White track has arrived on site...so I expect it to be white?? Read the previous page... :wink:

Ok, press release from the park.... (I put the important bits in bold.)

Works begin at Gardaland for the amazing 2015 novelty: the ultimate rollercoaster

The investment also beats all the records: the most grandiose ever made at Gardaland!

The construction works for the new exceptional 2015 attraction have officially begun: a newsworthy rollercoaster in terms of its technical and scenographic characteristics, and also for the considerable economic investment.

For the important stage of its 40 years anniversary, the first Amusement Park built in Italy wished to treat itself and offer to all its fans, something truly unforgettable!

The 2015 season will be in fact characterised by the inauguration of the most grandiose and breath-taking rollercoasters, absolutely unparalleled in Italy, built by the top and most qualified producer of roller coasters worldwide: the Swiss company Bollinger & Mabillard Inc. (B&M).

B&M is one of the most prestigious firms that builds rollercoasters, counting a vast production of coasters worldwide. The rides that they design and build are considered the best on the international market: there are no two identical B&M rollercoasters in the world; each is based on an exclusive design, since the company does not produce standard models but studies each project in collaboration with the client, in order to fully satisfy their requests.

Gardaland - B&M collaboration already proved to be a totally winning one in 2011: “Raptor, un volo da brivido” is in fact a true gem signed B&M that still continues to astonish today, and thrill hundreds of thousands of people.

The extraordinary character of the 2015 construction is already stirring great interest and rumours among fans, but not only….While the first dismantling and excavations works are being carried out at the Park, an inexplicable phenomenon, of nature still unknown today, hit Gardaland Resort’s website (http://www.gardaland.it); something very similar to an uncontrolled shower of meteorites hit the website homepage, visited by over 4.5 million users every year.

This is not a random event, as when this phenomenon occurred, a linked website - gardaland2015.it featured an image dating back to the ‘70s, showing Gardaland site under construction and hit by strange rays of light coming from the sky. They sound the soil at first and immediately after, hit the ground that cracks, and a sort of incandescent magma of orange colour comes out...

In that specific area of the Park – as it is fairly clear by now- the most incredible and mysterious adventure began 40 years ago, that seems nowadays related to the development of the new rollercoaster…

There are images of the site clearance which I'll upload soon. The "2015" logo looks like Oblivion's logo (orange with a downwards arrow).

Image son CF FB page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... uploaded=3

My money is a on a dive machine with perhaps a launch. This is a 40th Anniversary right, a signature ride, it has to be something special!

I read it as record breaking for the park rather than anything else. That wouldn't be hard given that they don't have anything particularly tall.

No two B&Ms the same? Have they been taking marketing advice from Blackpool?

If they are saying breaking all the records could that mean potentially length as well, which would be great seeming most dive machines apart from a few, dont last more then like 20 seconds after the drop, if it is the case where it beats Raptor in length that would be great, I definitely think height and speed well be broken though :p

Can't express how excited I am about this really coming to life!

there are no two identical B&M rollercoasters in the world

Obviously they haven't met Six Flags yet.

This is a 40th Anniversary right, a signature ride, it has to be something special!

Their 30th Anniversary ride was Sequoia Adventure, so something special or unique doesn't necessarily mean that it will turn out to be good. However, if B&M is contracted in this project, I don't doubt that the ride won't be something truly extraordinary.

Serious question, are there any clones of B&M's in Europe? I haven't seen a marketing department make **** up like this outside of China...or Aquatica.

^There's the Batman clone at Warner and Oblivion's been cloned. A coaster in the same chain, amazing.

I hope this is fab, I secretly wish it was a Flyer though, there needs to be more of those along the lines of Starry Sky Ripper.

Ian said:
My money is a on a dive machine with perhaps a launch. This is a 40th Anniversary right, a signature ride, it has to be something special!

Special for the park? Yes. But internationally? I doubt it. I don't believe we'll see anything as pioneering (by B&M standards at least) as Raptor, despite our wishes and as for a launch - there's simply not enough space for a lift and a launch without trimming to death.

Also, Gardaland has never been a stand-alone attraction due to the tourist industry from which it plucks, I expect, the majority of its guests. Gardaland is just simply one of the many attractions of the lake, and very few people will come from outside the area, or even the country. Therefore, they don't need as much of a major international draw for ingenuity, as their numbers will remain relatively constant. Therefore, they just need to create rides unique to Italy, hence Raptor and the Dive Machine, but also a woodie...

So my predictions are:

-A relatively compact layout with a few inversions
-Maybe a tunnel? Ispeed is 'only' 75 mph, with Oblivion clocking 68 and Griffon 71, so it wouldn't be impossible to make it the fastest coaster in Italy. They'd probably have to make it 130+ feet though, and it should have been commenced already. Also, if there was a tunnel, there probably wouldn't be much else. Maybe just a small tunnel then.
-The theme will probably be on the original lines of 'Aliens which landed in the 1970's are unearthed at Gardaland (by accident?)', which is albeit very similar to Raptor's...

At least that's what I would do...

Well at least now it's pretty much confirmed that this isn't a clone of Krake! (As amazing as that ride looks) Should prove interesting, especially as they seem to be creating a decent back story to the ride.

Not sure if this has been posted but it seems there's more track on site.

White supports? Interesting choice.

ob_9f044f_10520472-10204169111458486-121419121-n.jpg

The colours go so well with the theme I love it! So simple <3