What's new

Gardaland | Oblivion: The Black Hole | B&M Dive Coaster

Re: B&M Dive Machine for Gardaland in 2015 (?)

From that video it seems like the drop/tunnel will be based around this orange vortex thing, looks like a sci-fi type of theme. Is the space drop tower staying? That would fit in with the theme.

^Yep. Which is odd because when this was first announced/rumoured I'm pretty sure I read it would be going. Glad it's staying though as it's a decent attraction.

Visited the park last week, and can report that construction is very much underway! So much so that this topic might just need to be moved :wink: .

Anyway, here's my video showing the state of construction as it was last week:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGIoVkrlppI[/youtube]

Just to highlight a few hunches I now possess from the video:

aWvnBG4.jpg

Now, if this isn't a tunnel, it'll be a major depression of some sort, which can only correspond, given the location of the footers, to the pullout from the first drop. The only way therefore, without interfering with space vertigo is to turn left out from the station building, then ascend the lift towards Mammut, followed by a full 180 degree turn preceding the drop. I may well be utterly wrong though, and can't work out by the current number of footers, what the following elements will be.

I can make no sense of the following footers (especially the one behind Space Vertigo) :

Q7f38EC.jpg

Also, is that an open space/exit at the very front of the building for the aforementioned left turn?
Plus, given the remaining space vertigo queue line, I would expect to see a new entrance point/almost complete rerouting of the queueline.

It's all still a bit of a mystery to me, and I should probably stop clutching at loose straws and go to bed....

Looks like we're gonna see a straight section following the first drop like on Krake, but through a tunnel instead of a splash down.
So the fan made video is right up to this point.

304862d1409349354-2015-neuheit-dive-coaster-b-m-gardaland-italien-10411950_756640187710391_133616327095031519_n.jpg

304865d1409349358-2015-neuheit-dive-coaster-b-m-gardaland-italien-10603390_756640211043722_8744062564189772093_n.jpg

For some reason I just can't really imagine what a big, long, straight tunnel would feel like riding through.....

elephant58 said:
For some reason I just can't really imagine what a big, long, straight tunnel would feel like riding through.....

I'd guess it'll be something akin to Oblivion...

Well technically the incline out of the tunnel is a straight section.

Re: Gardaland | unknown | B&M Dive Coaster

Martyn B said:
White and white is so **** ing gross!
Cannot agree more, I can't wait until it starts to become slightly rusted too :cry:

It's probably sommat to do with it being on the coastline of Lake Garda, and they didn't want anything ridiculously garish colour wise and would like it to blend into the skyline...

Of course, Merlin couldn't have possibly taken that into consideration when designing the ride's theme/storyline... That would require thinking and logic, whilst creating a brand new story rather than re-use old ones...

I'm not gonna lie, I think new white B&M track is extremely sexy.

But I can't seem to picture a fully white dive coaster =/ guess we'll find out. I'm intrigued how they'll intergrate the orange into the scheme. I did quite like the look of Orochi (that all white Raptor clone in Japan before relocation), although I don't think alot of people share that view, and it had a very faint strip of pale pink on the side of the track.

I am interested to see how this turns out. One aspect that makes the layout seem interesting is in this screen.

308458d1410885915-2015-neuheit-dive-coaster-b-m-gardaland-italien-ndzmkzeqrshs_whbidrh3ceqsgqer9i8nc6vkzsphhk.png

Just look at the footers, it appears the track with do a curve around the drop tower, which could make for a cool aesthetic.

Orochi/Monster has never been, and isn't, all white.

Pyrenees on the other hand.

gavin said:
Orochi/Monster has never been, and isn't, all white.

Pyrenees on the other hand.

Pyrenees isn't all white... Support structure is brown as are the rails of the track.