What's new

Gardaland | Oblivion: The Black Hole | B&M Dive Coaster

Re: B&M Dive Machine for Gardaland in 2015 (?)

Bit sad that they have to copy a brand created by Tussauds back in 1997.

Is this an actual Dive machine or the 'mini dive machine like Krake?

spicy said:
Is this an actual Dive machine or the 'mini dive machine like Krake?
I hope it's a mini dive machine. The experience is the same, and the capacity is nearly identical too (Krake is a real crowd eater at Heide Park). And with the smaller trains they can incorporate more elements, as well as it'll be cheaper to dig a hole (looking at the advert, I'm hoping for it being similar to oblivion :p).

Some friends visited the Clermont Steel Fabrication Plant today. Although it was busy so they didn't get photos of the labels there is now some white track outside the plant (Yellow is for the Chinese flyer)

BM.jpg

Source: Jonathan Hawkins

So Gardaland, Efteling or Carowinds? Take your bets now.

Those pieces look very tightly curved, makes me think it's not for Carowinds.

For some reason I see Efteling build a white coaster more than Gardaland, but I have no idea why I think so.

I wonder if Gipponi will manufacture any of the european coasters, if I remember correctly they have made track and columns for some of the modern dive machines.

I get the feeling that the Efteling one will be a dark colour seeing as they've gone for a mine theme. Then again is there a chance of this being a base coat of paint?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

And considering that Gardaland's coaster will be built in an area which already has 2 white colored rides (Space Vertigo and Flying Island), I'm putting my money on this being their coaster's track.

If this does convey the whole Oblivion narrative and theme, I'm not complaining. I love it.

My bet is on the coaster being called 'Gravity' or something. It makes so much sense.

roomraider said:
Some friends visited the Clermont Steel Fabrication Plant today. Although it was busy so they didn't get photos of the labels there is now some white track outside the plant (Yellow is for the Chinese flyer)

BM.jpg

Source: Jonathan Hawkins

So Gardaland, Efteling or Carowinds? Take your bets now.

Merlin? Building a white coaster voluntarily? Following Saw, Krake, Th13teen, Raptor, Swarm and Smiler, part of me was convinced Merlin would be building coasters in the same monotonous black suit for eternity, if they could help it. But unless some unheard of park in China has suddenly purchased a B&M, this seems far more likely to go to Gardaland than anywhere else.

Merlin did a wonderful job with Raptor and I really hope they can repeat it, but my sole issue with their management of Gardaland is their lack of new additions in recent years between coaster, which can be said to be also the case for almost all their parks. They seem too dependent on building new coasters to attract guests, and consequently, GL has only a Top Spin for a properly thrilling flat this year with the temporary closure of Space Vertigo and the odd removal of their Huss Condor. The same could be said for AT. Gardaland is in dire need of a screaming swing or a pendulum to take the queues away from rides like Sequoia Adventure, plus they have the attendance to afford it. And of course, Italy needs a woodie :--D

That said, Gardaland does has everything a good park needs save the bigger rides...

^ The Heide Park wing coaster is white, and that's Merlin?

Ethan said:
^ The Heide Park wing coaster is white, and that's Merlin?
The key word here being voluntarily. Heide Park's coaster is apparently white because of planning restrictions on that part of the park, not because Merlin decided "hey, let's build a white coaster for a change!". It was either make the track white, or don't build the coaster at all.

CoasterCrazy said:
to take the queues away from rides like Sequoia Adventure

I'm pretty sure I read that Sequoia Adventure is being removed.

But yeah, agreed on all points.

Gardaland has already had quite a long time getting the land ready for the new coaster, they could be looking to go vertical late summer/early winter which could really mean this track is heading their way.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

^^ Ah ok, I did wonder about that. My bad :) On another note, maybe Space Vertigo has to be closed because the new coaster has like a helix that goes around it? Who knows I guess.

A white Merlin coaster, WITH an intimidating logo. I'm think I'm going to faint.

By the looks of the track I think it can be confirmed that it is one of the mini Dive coasters, although most probably knew it was going to be anyway. Krake looks like an awesome ride, hope this does too, although I hope there is a little variation between the coasters, not just a clone, although I think that wouldn't be the case.